Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - On Death and Dying (the Forums: Part Deux) - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

ScionShade

Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:39 am   Reply with quote         

irishstu wrote:
I know how annoying it is when you spend ages starting a new thread, only for it to be pushed into second place (and thereby forgotten for all eternity) by the latest addition to the word association thread or something (no offence to whoever started that... it's a good thread).

This "bumping" I would imagine greatly effects people like myself
who use the "view post since last visit" option.
After three weeks of quietly watching threads and not participating-
it has become EXCESSIVELY obvious that in fact at least two
members who are frequent posters to our forums
and who also spend exorbitent amounts of time here
do in fact (and this includes long stretches of time where
maybe only one thread in all the forums has only one posted
response in a 4 to 8 hour stretch) will ( i suppose the case is
that they do not like the thread or the response) within minutes post
responses to SEVERAL of the game or congratularatorial threads -
bumping the ONE and ONLY active thread down several places.
Followed quickly by them posting fresh responses on their current favorite
threads - bringing them back to the top.

Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:05 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Badcop, Not ALL of us thrive on conflict...If that`s your thing, GREAT...have at it......But don`t get on others for not helpling you in your crusade...

You know what, ronni?

I HAVE had IT!!!
I have worked my ass off to get to where I am now here!!! I have, since the day I started here,posted 2 forum entries EVERY day!!! and I have gotten my Ass out of bed at 6 O`clock in the morning to do it!!! How many other people here can say they do that?!? and then immediately AFTER someone expresses their appreciation for me, I have a minute of good fortune and now (someone who calls themselves"ronni3264") can`t handle it...someone has taken what should`ve been really fun for me and pissed all over it!!! What have I done to you? NOT A DAMN THING!!!

aaaaaaaanyhoo...I have a lot of other emotions that I'd like to spew right now but long story short, you're totally making me feel like a bastard calf.

Yeah you heard me right - You're not only making me feel like a cow, but a baby cow. Oh, and newsflash: I was born out of wedlock - I'm a bastard.

I'm debating now whether to Stay at PSC...I`m not one that sticks around where I`m not wanted!!! I have alot of people here that I consider friends...so, I`m asking those friends for advice...do I look like a freakin' baby cow?! Honestly...is it the jeans?

EJH

Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:26 am   Reply with quote         

scrolbar wrote:
I have to ask. Why does the fact that some people think Badcop is an "alias" make his points less valid?

Yeah!

Forgive me if this point has been made before... but as members of a website where we make up screen names, aren't we all essentially aliases here? Just because someone uses a real-sounding name or puts a photo on their av, we're all certain we know who we're talking to? For example, how do we know that "heather" isn't a 17-year-old boy who's playing a character? (sorry, heather, I'm only singling you out because you're the first user whose screen name is presumably their first name that came to mind) Or who's to say that I'm not really an alter ego of Reinman (again, picking a random name here) What difference would it make anyway?

I guess I just don't get why people get bent out of shape about this "alias" thing when it comes to posting on the forums (obviously it's not right for someone to use a secondary account to abuse voting priviledges, but that's not what I'm talking about here) People say that aliases are hiding, but I suggest that they may be among the most honest ones here. They're not trying to impress people, or tiptoe around so they don't jeapordize the chances of people voting for them.

Ok, I'll stop ranting. I hope I'm making sense... it's so late, it's early. Gotta go to bed...

p.s. It's not nice to make people feel like cows, bastard or otherwise.

ronni3264

Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:40 am   Reply with quote         

HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY,HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY,HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY,HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY,HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY,HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY,HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY,HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS, PEACE, LOVE, JOY... Very Happy

Post Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:31 am   Reply with quote         

Like many of you, there's nothing that eases the stress of a long day at work better
than turning on my home computer, logging on to PSC, and perusing the day's
compilation of "I'm quitting!" posts.

My problem is one of convenience; Some of these threads are posted to the Brainstorm category,
some in the General Comments section, some are hidden within unrelated threads containing pictures
of people's hamsters.

I'm sure most of you have thought of this idea but I'll just go ahead and put it out there...

How about a new category dedicated to quitting?

You can call it "Cry for Help" or "I'm Gone Forever, see you in 12 hours".

This would not only make things easier for members like myself, but it will also
enable those who have quit to gain quick access to their thread as they check
back every 15 minutes to see who has begged them to stay.

Just an idea.

ronni3264

Post Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:01 pm   Reply with quote         

lol...Now badcop, THAT'S A GOOD IDEA!!! Maybe we could even set up a poll for people to vote on it... Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - On Death and Dying (the Forums: Part Deux) - Reply to topic