Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - 25 votes, downfall of quality!? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:42 am   Reply with quote         

tophatpainter wrote:
... I'm terrible at popularity contests. Darn. But, I do want to get better...

And you will provided you don't let your mind become demented, bloodied, bruised and bent on vengeance from the PSC high jinks of contest outcomes. And, if you are going to ask for comments, keep in mind that you ought to respond in kind with "Thanks!" or "No thanks, you don't understand me artistically you stupid, poopy ass!" A third option would be to bamboozle everyone with nonsensical Marco-speak type comments Razz, which creates an aura of near invincibility around your artwork.

Don't shy away from stating your mind in a constructive way on other entries, especially when everyone is admiring the emperor's new clothes.

ReyRey

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:39 am   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:
tophatpainter wrote:
... I'm terrible at popularity contests. Darn. But, I do want to get better...

A third option would be to bamboozle everyone with nonsensical Marco-speak type comments Razz, which creates an aura of near invincibility around your artwork.

Shocked Laughing Laughing

ReyRey

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:40 am   Reply with quote         

Be careful what you wish for. Twisted Evil

tophatpainter

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Now that was a good showing of support for the fellow artist. I found another site that was similar in that regard but they lack the full on sense of humor and tomfool..a..r.y (how the hell do you spell that?) that I see here. And if you don't buy more credits then you have to hope someone will sponsor you. In any event, Jasper was kind enough to go through and really let me have it. I know it took time to go to each one of my little chops and give me something to go off and I told him so. I wont always get back in a timely fashion to say thanks, but I will always try.
Al said something about my chops being really simple, and that is the truth! I haven't really had time to put anything into them, and the one chop I did was for that other site (did someone just slap me and call me a slut?). I did that one because they gave me 2 days to post before it became open to the votes, giving me a chance to work on it.
All I know is I can't look at the vacation photos I took with my wife without inserting tentacles or aliens or zombie skins or... and I haven't felt this creative in years. In about a month I will starting school for graphic design and should be able to wiggle in even more time since then it will be for studies. I appreciate anyone who is willing to give me pointers and return I will try to spend some more time putting out better chops (and not trying to just get 10 in so I can vote)...
Thanks to everyone who replied!

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

tophatpainter wrote:
... and the one chop I did was for that other site ...

There's another site? Why hasn't anyone told me; I've been trying to escape for nearly three years.

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

Too late. I've already spoken to Santa.

Cartoon Contractor

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:03 pm   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:
ReyRey wrote:

Too late. I've already spoken to Santa.

You spoke to Me? Shocked OOOOOOOOOOOOOPS! I let the cat out of the bag! santa

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - 25 votes, downfall of quality!? - Reply to topic