Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - what do you think happens when you die - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ReinMan

Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:18 am   Reply with quote         

Poor old Scooter. Sad

He was so young.

I hear he's off tuning accordions somewhere in the Swiss Alps. He's got a large-breasted goatwoman and a small farm of cheese herders. Apparently he's quite happy but still deranged.

His PSC fatal wounding still plagues him to this day - or so I've heard on the goat vine... Crying or Very sad

ScionShade

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, I believe in the whole eternal shebang. I've got
the contract and all the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted.
Now, here's the thing. Guaranteed an indestructible body and a new Earth.
Great. A malcontent like your's truly with literally eternity
on his hands.There's this whole 'perfect' thing and no conflict idealism going on.
We live in a world of good and bad, Good vs. Evil, lalala ...so
Lucifer and Beelzabub and Legion and all the gang are all locked up
tight in The Lake of Fire. What's there gonna be for entertainment?
This whole 'life in the flesh' mentality THRIVES on conflict,need,
hope--so what are ya gonna do when everythings been solved?
The concept oft' put forward of eternal bliss and happiness.......
seriously--it is not within my soul to be thus---
so until I die, I contemplate, and hope , that beyond all rationality...
there is still at least one thing WRONG in Heaven.
Smile

ronni3264

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Wow, Scion...VERY poetic.... Angel

No, seriously...I liked that...

Gort

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

What a GREAT statement, Scion...and I agree that sitting on a cloud playing a harp for eternity doesn't sound too appealing.

The only honest answer to the question of what happens when we die is "I don't know".

Folks have sets-of-beliefs that say this or that happens, but they are only beliefs, and are driven by what they WANT to be true.

I don't know, you don't know, the pope doesn't know.

EJH

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Holy shit, Scion Shocked

...and I mean that in a good way Smile Very insightful... that's true-- perfection is terribly dull... maybe that's the eternal joke... that what everyone thinks is "heaven" --that flawless utopia-- is actually "hell" Wink

WettFist

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

On the color thing Leif has something there... the people at Rit said

"Some fabrics dye much more quickly and will appear darker sooner than others. Old, well-washed fabrics may dye faster than new ones. Most cotton, silk and nylon fabrics absorb the dye color very quickly. Other natural and synthetic fabrics usually take longer to reach the fullest, richest color."

So there you have it. Those of us who have lived longer fuller lives and are made of natural well-washed fiber should be the most colorful when we die.

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:07 pm   Reply with quote         

if i was already dead then why would i wonder what happens when i die answer to batichan

HandToolUK

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:43 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
What's there gonna be for entertainment?
This whole 'life in the flesh' mentality THRIVES on conflict,need,
hope--so what are ya gonna do when everythings been solved?
The concept oft' put forward of eternal bliss and happiness.......
seriously--it is not within my soul to be thus---
so until I die, I contemplate, and hope , that beyond all rationality...
there is still at least one thing WRONG in Heaven.
Smile

Gort wrote:
What a GREAT statement, Scion...and I agree that sitting on a cloud playing a harp for eternity doesn't sound too appealing.

EJH wrote:
...perfection is terribly dull... maybe that's the eternal joke... that what everyone thinks is "heaven" --that flawless utopia-- is actually "hell" Wink

*note - given the points quoted, the comments below assume belief in the concepts discussed.*

This old cliche that heaven and/or paradise is all sitting on clouds, and that perfection would be "boring", "pointless" etc always unsettles me.

Firstly, we've never known it so how can we be sure it would be devoid of challenge, fascination, etc? Seems like another typical manifestation of human arrogance to me (no offence to Scion, Gort, EJH, etc - I mean the general concept that "different/perfect = boring") - that our existence as we know it is somehow automatically "superior" to a possible other existence.

Also, heaven isn't about sitting around doing nothing. Supposedly, those who go to heaven rule as kings - so there will be work to be done. Also, holy books depictions of the angels show them to be very busy and active.

Think of this - God is said to be perfect and eternal. Is his existence boring or pointless? Do accounts (Bible, Koran, whatever) indicate God is just sitting around twiddling his thumbs thinking "Wow. I'm soooooo bored!! What can I DO??!!" ? No.

This one sits along with the other dangerous philosophy - that we NEED evil/bad to "appreciate" good, or for good to exist. Another illogical reasoning. Just because we know bad in our current existence, doesn't mean it's inevitable or desirable for a meaningful existence. How often do you find yourself, during a period of happiness, success or elation thinking "Wow, I really need some suffering right now to appreciate this!". And why do we feel such an inherent need to overcome suffering and/or lessen its' impact in our lives if it's so "natural" and essential to our existence?

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:12 pm   Reply with quote         

the more you think about why this why that the more questions you think i wish i could live without even having to think it never have thought it never just blackness nothing

P@u

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Wow HTUK... I was expecting someone would put what I actually think into better words than I would have. So... there you are, I totally agree with you! Huh..

anfa

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Yay! Well said HT. Peace and love brother!

theplague

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:33 pm   Reply with quote         

When I'll die, everybody is going to be sad Crying or Very sad

irishstu

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Man, I thought you WERE dead. Where have you been?

...currently experiencing some dysfunctional internal protocol problems.

http://diystrat.blogspot.com/
theplague

Post Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:02 am   Reply with quote         

When I'll be dead, I won't need the internet to communicate with the livings Smile

a4pawedpal

Post Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:10 am   Reply with quote         

I can only explain my reply, (not answer), to your question as follows. Please give it some thought before you respond or reply to it......... Cool Another Time, another Space.........Death is the root to Life, as Life is the root to Death. After all can one existence be as the candle's tapper, forever giving of it's own life so the flame may live only to die when the waxing is deminnished? Thus is Time. And may the hours of the sandglass excede its breath within the glass which holds it, unless thy grains have been counted? Thus is Space. So One asks of death without knowing Life, and several appease the question of the supposed here after? Therefore I ask, What is Space, but the Time it took for one to transend it form its' begining to it's ifinitive ending, is it not? Rolling Eyes So I now ask, why ask why, or what this matter of Time's end is, if you never knew it's begining? This is why I state.... " Keep On Chopping, & SMILING! Cuz the outside World needs it.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - what do you think happens when you die - Reply to topic