Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Stock Image Vs Photoshopped Image - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Are there more entries these days than in the past that are relying on the artwork of others to get votes?

I agree

61%

61%

[ 34 ]

I disagree

38%

38%

[ 21 ]

Total Votes: 55

Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:50 pm   Reply with quote         

A poll. The question is:
Do you feel there are more members these days than in the past, that are relying on the artwork of a well found stock image with simple intergration of the daily image to provide the site voters with a vote worthy image rather than striving to create their own vision through learning and practice?

Do you agree or disagree?

Don't feel you have to comment, just please vote.
However, if you disagree, maybe you could find the time to comment with your points.

ReinMan

Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:43 pm   Reply with quote         

This is a tough one to answer, Mr. Sword...

there will undoubtably be more people doing that today here, then let's say, a year ago. There are MORE people here. I'm assuming that you mean Per Capita? You may wish to clarify this area of potential GRAYNESS before we proceed too much farther.

Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Thank you Reinman. Per Capita is exactly what I meant as in a higher percentage of entries as compared to the contests from a year ago or less.

Also there is a limit to the number of characters allowed in a poll question. I worded the question as best I could and still stay within thi limit.

If there is a question about the wording of the poll, please do not hesitate to ask for clarity.

Square

Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:46 pm   Reply with quote         

asking sot for clarity.....isn't that like asking a blind man if he's seen your lost dog? Laughing

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/

Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for your input Square.

sage

Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Dick, (may I call you Dick, only because you introduced yourself as Richard, and Richard is too long to type...) your crusade is a noble one. I wholly understand where you're coming from, though I might not agree with your methods of spreading the gosple.

What was the question again?

Right.

I will speak only for myself on this one. Of the twelve posts I submitted, I transformed a boot into a bustier, a shock wrench into a spark plug, a man with a fish into an alien with a squid, a deer bone into Fred's car, a fallen soldier's tomb stone into an ice sculpture, a kettle into a wood carving of a bird, a nutcracker into humpty dumpty, and I smeared a clean ATV with mud.

How come you never came around and said, "man, this is the shit I was talking about!" (you have to pretend you're hearing Eddie Murphy's voice when you read that, 'cause that's how I hear it in my head.) "man, look at this guy! He took a deer bone, A DEER BONE! and made Fred's car from it! This guy's a genius!!" You never came around. I waited for you, but you never showed. What am I to think? I know you weren't around as SOT back then, but I know you were there. I waited. You never showed, man, you never showed.

*Runs into the women's washroom hoping to find Nancers, even though she intimidates the hell out of him*

Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Very Happy Sage! I will watch for your entries from here on out but I can't make any promises on the Eddie Murphy thing.

sage

Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:21 pm   Reply with quote         

That's all I'm asking, man. That's all. Crying or Very sad

ScionShade

Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Why has HTUK NOT defined "per-capita"?
I think We have a serious injustice being overlooked here. Shocked
---------------------------------------------------------
BTW: does anyone have good words to rhyme with fish eggs and the name Colin?

mbrna

Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:55 pm   Reply with quote         

In my opinion, I notice that people tend to vote more for
the images that rely on a great stock image rather than
those that rely on the author's creativity.
So, while I have not noticed more people relying on
a great stock image, it does seem to me those that do
it get a lot more votes.

Nothing on the site says a creation must meet any
particular criteria in order to receive a vote. So
it may just be that the increase in members has led
to an increse in the # of people that will vote for
a pic that relied on a great stock image.

I thought the "wait til you've posted 10 pics before
you can vote" rule was designed to give all voters
an appreciation for the sport of the contest such that
when they voted, they'd look for things like creative
quantity and amount of effort. Maybe that's not
what has occurred...

mbrna

mint

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:46 am   Reply with quote         

Scion wrote:
Why has HTUK NOT defined "per-capita"?

And where is HTUK recently? Didn't see him post for quite some time.

mint

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:08 am   Reply with quote         

And on the poll, I voted 'no', because it was always so as far I remember, I'm almost a year on PSC. Stock images with little alteration do win a contest from time to time. Not much to do about it, except not to vote. Confused

The playbear (red x though)::
http://www.pscontest.com/photoshop-contest/944/teddy.html?l=&o=votes

This contest was also won by a stock image (by a certain female member that was banned and that's why it's not there), I originally came 3rd in the contest:
http://www.pscontest.com/photoshop-contest/1069/behind-the-clutch.html?l=&o=votes

And on numerous ocassions stock images only mildly altered have placed high. So it's not 'these days', I guess it's just about the same proportion.

Doodler!

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:23 am   Reply with quote         

hahaha "pooshie_7" did A bear post using just the getty image as a joke with supakoma Very Happy... believe me I know her Wink and if pooshie was shooting for votes .. err fuck... its my alias hehe.. got 12 votes for it too...

here are the comments fromt hat post

Additional Comments

supak0ma i cant believe this shizit is getting this many votes! Shocked
PooShIE_7 Me either ... Wink Twisted Evil
3rian all you did was change the bow? Confused
PooShIE_7 yup.. took about a minute to complete give or take a few seconds... Laughing
PooShIE_7 I was inspired by the winning post to do as little as possible Twisted Evil
supak0ma ahah this sucks Laughing Laughing
PooShIE_7 BWUAHAHA Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:50 am   Reply with quote         

Mint, thanks for the comment.

Doodler!, While I am inclinded to thank you, I'm not quite sure what I would be thanking you for.

YerPalAl

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Because this slipped of the front page and because I feel this discussion is the one that should have been taking place all along I am bumping it.

So, as I understand it, your point here is that there is an unfair amount of posts winnng votes because the author took a great stock image from some image bank and then did a minimal amount of work to it simply cutting and pasting some/all/or part of the daily photo into it.

Have I summarized your stand correctly?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Stock Image Vs Photoshopped Image - Reply to topic