Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - my view on voting and ppl with advantage to make it fair - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

this is how i see it, if u have advantage you pay for it money going to keep the site going and stuff, if u have not then thats ok as well. so i now choose not to vote for a pic untill its on the last day or 2nd day of the contest just so that ppl can do the advantage thing and those who have not can take a day or two and not twenty minutes to make a pic because some pics might not take a week but two days and thats my fairist i can vote i think

tyblubearboy

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Appreciate you taking the time to clear that up.

Thanks Wink

theplague

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Life ain't fair !!

ronni3264

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

It`s not like Advantage is only available to some precious few...ANY one can purchase an advantage account...Whether or not one chooses to do so is entirely up to them...But with the advantage account comes certain perks...Hence the name "ADVANTAGE"... I went for a long time without it due to some banking circumstances that were out of my control (that`s another story), But I was thrilled when I finally got my advantage account...Before then, I didn`t feel cheated in anyway, because it was a priveledge that others had paid for, and I, up to that point had not...Want the perks? Help pay for costs of keeping this site going by purchasing advantage...nuff said... Rolling Eyes

ReinMan

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:42 pm   Reply with quote         

oh goody goody

yet another thread on Advantage

yip yip yahooey

Confused

YerPalAl

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:24 pm   Reply with quote         

WAIT, wait ,wait . . . .

Unless I misread what he is saying, all he is means is now he will wait until later in the contest to vote so as to allow the non advantage users the chance to post.

I think he understands the situation here . . . .

dewking

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:04 pm   Reply with quote         

So basically he's just sharing his mode of voting.

Personally I only vote for Advanage users.

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.
patim

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I mostly only vote for myself....ehhhh or isn't that allowed Wink

EJH

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes, it does sound like Dside666 was simply saying that he waits until later in the contests to vote, to give everyone an equal shot at his votes.

I tend to wait a couple days to vote, or, if I do vote on day 1, make a point to revisit on the last day to catch the later entries.

It's amazing how quick some are to jump in to defend Advantage when at first glance they see the words "advantage", "not", and "fair" in the same post... never mind that they were not used in that order.

Razz

ronni3264

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:23 pm   Reply with quote         

okay...I miss understood the point...my bad...sorry... Rolling Eyes

ScionShade

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:19 pm   Reply with quote         

why are you apologizing?
you said nothing to be sorry about that
I could see.
Hey guy- saving those votes for a day is pretty cool--
it's great that enough people do that to offset
the spontanious 8:00 am -first day voters *COUGH,coughCough*
who try to keep themselves and their friends at the top of most votes
page- *COUGH*
-hinthintnudgenudgecougharoo-

MommysBoy

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:42 pm   Reply with quote         

I may be bending over in a gay bar here but I it wouldn't hurt my feelings if only advantage ppl could vote. I think it's great that ppl can get on here for free and do their thing but there are so many questionable things happening here. I think you should be able to post for free but have to pay to vote. That would eliminate multiple accounts and aliases just for voting. The price for advantage is notthing. If you smoke, it's gone in a day. If you buy rubbers from a vending machine, you can pay for advantage. Somebody can collect enough beer cans in a month to pay for this. Nothing in life is free, somebody has to pay for this site. I say , you pay, you vote, you don't, you post and hope you are good.

Post Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:52 am   Reply with quote         

i'd go 4 that but advantage is so inexpensive (as you said).imo if someone enjoys the site they should just break down and get it-this place is so great and who do you think pays for it if we don't?

sage

Post Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:36 am   Reply with quote         

MommysBoy, interesting point you've brought up. When you say you feel like your bending over in a gay bar, are you doing Tequila shots? Wink

Just for the record, I tried to sign up for advantage, but when I punched in my credit card number, this giant clown face appeared and laughter filled my speakers. It seems that the only emergency my card is good for is if I lock myself out of the house and have to use it to open the door. Shocked

Good idea, though MB. (You obviously haven't seen the prices of rubbers in vending machines here in Canada)

ReinMan

Post Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:17 am   Reply with quote         

We have rubber vending machines in Canada!?

The ones I've inadvertantly come across have been metal. (no jokes please!)

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - my view on voting and ppl with advantage to make it fair - Reply to topic