Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - SCAVENGER HUNT #3 - Items and Instructions - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Showcase

Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:00 am   Reply with quote         

Here we go. It starts NOW and you and your team have until April 5th, Tuesday Night 11:59pm PSC time to submit as many as you can or all of the items to Nancers at nancers1@mac.com.

THE Items.
1. 10 Points – PSC Tabloid. Create a front page of a tabloid newspaper, Weekly World News, The Enquirer etc, featuring images of the members of your team.
Examples would be things like:
Chicken raising race of Super Monkeys!
Square’s third nipple revealed!
Bluefist beats Elvis at secret High Stakes Pie Eating contest

2. 10 Points – Iron Chef Contest. Based on the popular TV show (http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ic) At least 2 members of your team must post in Sunday’s contest. In your submitted picture(s) include an image of a mandrill. Understanding the sensitive nature of VPP’s, you may create aliases to post if you like, but notify Nancers at nancers1@mac.com in advance of who your aliases are.

3. 10 Points - Top Ten. Generate a David Letterman Style Top Ten list, explaining why girls are better than boys or boys are better than girls.

4. 10 Points - Nominate in picture form a PSC member for Sainthood include what that member is the Patron Saint of, example;Saint Heather the Patron Saint of TMI, Saint Leif The patron Saint of Canadian Actors

5. 10 Points – Forum Roast. Choose a PSC member and Roast them in Forum. Example: http://www3.photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2513

6. 10 Points - Animal Abuse. - 1 team member goes to a specific Pet Board and overly praises a different kind of pet. Example: go to a Bulldog Site and start to sing the praises of Persian Cats. Screenshot submission. The more replies you get and the funnier you are, the more points awarded.

7. 10 Points – Write a Silly Story. Using the words/phrases provided below, write a short story of at least 3 paragraphs using as many words from the list as possible.
Sara the Starfish
Loreal limited edition nail polish
Al Sharpton
bargle
HAHAHAHAHA!
Chinos
Box wine
$9000 engagement ring
blah
lifejacket
Monkey
Rubber Ducky
jagermeister
Unicorn
Dutch
"can you bring me my chapstick? My lips hurt real bad!"
"Oh! If I just wasn't a lady! What wouldn't I tell that varmint"
"what?...come on...there is fruit on the bottom!...
who can resist the fruit on the bottom?"
"like a blacksmith shaping metal into art"
"Mozub owns"

8. 10 Points – Love Poem. Write a love poem to one of the judges.

9. 10 points (total) Find the Hidden Pictures. You must find the following classic PSC posts. The more difficult ones are worth more points.
2 points - The machine that made the cat into a cube
3 points - The croc eye that at one point in time held the “most votes for a single post” record
5 points - Kentucky Fried Monkey

10. 10 Points - Rube Goldberg Machine. Go to http://www.rube-goldberg.com/html/gallery.htm and take a look at some of Rube Goldberg’s inventions. Create one!

Additional instruction:

• Points listed represent maximum points per item. You will be scored against the other teams and the best entry for each item might receive 10 points and the worst could receive 1. Not submiting an item will result in 0 points for that item.
  • Creativity, humor, and presentation is always appreciated and encouraged. example being a funny story is great, but an illustrated funny story is even better.
  • Please submit all items as attachments to Nancers at nancers1@mac.com and include your team name, members, Item # and Item description in the body of the message along with any attachements or text.
  • Please be aware that if you provide any graphics/text to Nancers in .jpg format with a filename that includes your abreviated team name/item# , this will make her happy and she will smile down upon you.
  • Please submit your items as you complete them so we don't get swamped with everything at the end.

Teams:

1. Spunk: Doodler, Leif, PolishMafia and (Ledirlo??)
  2. Quack Club: Yerpalal, Square, HandTooUK and (Reinman??)
  3. Buceta: Anfa, Arcaico, Alex and Billtvshow
  4. Sushi Samurai Warriors: Atheamo, Dbbowling, 1337Hax0r and Ronni3264
  5. Oldbie Ass Kickers: Patim, Mint, Cynn and Twaggoner
  6. LFP: Xovlov, Mezopunk, Chicken and Dewking
  7. The Jersey/Michigan Mob: Hacky, Holly9000, Pheonixtilt and Screwloose
  8. Alliance: Splodge, Eviltgr, Photolicious and Supak0ma
  9. Image Manipulation Federation: Fempie, Vunt VP, Siem and Dunno

If thats not everyone, let me know.
Also, last minute teams are more than welcome but you need 2 people and a team name.

now, GO!! GO!!! GO!!! Good luck and have FUN!!

dewking

Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:53 am   Reply with quote         

good list...

by the way... we are not team LFP... we are team LACEY'S FETAL PIZZA!

Lazy.
Smile

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.
nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

dewking wrote:
good list...

by the way... we are not team LFP... we are team LACEY'S FETAL PIZZA!

Lazy.
Smile

A few questions came up in chat, thought I should post the answers here for everyone to see.

You can send me either .jpgs or links.

In your love poem you may be as creative as you like, and include more than one judge.

The Kentucky Fried Monkey image cannot be a spin off of the first one, the ORIGINAL RECIPE! The original one was created by Chicken, who, ironically, no longer has it. All of these images are hosted on the web, and I know of at least 2 members here who have the KFM image on their computers.

Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico 03/31 @ 12:12 pm

Mo... a doubt raised among the team buceta brainstorm... task #10... should we create (make it real) one of the inventions listed in the site, or should we create (invent) some new stupid invention in the site´s inventions style?

make up a new one.
chop one together and say how it works. or if youre too lazy I guess just describe it and you wont get many points.

polishmafia 03/31 @ 11:59 am

(a team member) doesnt use msn. he refuses to use IM Razz

this is the easiest fastest forum to make and you dont have to get accounts to post
http://amazingforums.com/

missrobin74

Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:54 pm   Reply with quote         

This almost brought a tear to my eye. GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS! Wish I could join the fun Sad
boo hoo

Square

Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Can I ask for clarification on #2?

Does it have to simply contain a mandrill, or is it supposed to be a sort of 'cook off' containing a mandrill somewhere?

Question

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/
nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:50 pm   Reply with quote         

OK I was asked this question via PM, so I'll post the answer here. For the "Iron Chef" task, the idea is based on the Iron Chef concept where Chef's compete against each other using a common ingredient. They are given an ingredient, say, a cabbage, and they all create a recipe using cabbage.

You guys are given a common image instead of an ingredient...the mandrill. You are to use the mandrill to create a post in Sunday's contest.

You do not need to use the mandrill and sunday's image to make a food item, nor do you need to include a food item in your posts. It is the concept of the Iron Chef, not the literal translation.

Good luck!

*waves at robin*

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:52 pm   Reply with quote         

HAH Square, that was freaky. I just got a PM from a member on a different team on that same thing, so maybe we didn't make that clear enough. If my explanation doesn't help, let me know.

Showcase

Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:15 am   Reply with quote         

Also regarding the Iron Chef item #2, some teams have asked if sharing the advantage image with their teammates would be ok. For the scavenger Hunt only and your teammates only, teams may share amongst themselves.

YerPalAl

Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:17 pm   Reply with quote         

. . . . . a MANDRILL!!??!??

What if I wanted to use a chimp, gorilla or howler monkey.

Talk about STIFLING our creativity! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Great set of SH tasks folks, this is great fun, thanks in advance for all your hard work.

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:59 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
. . . . . a MANDRILL!!??!??

What if I wanted to use a chimp, gorilla or howler monkey.

Talk about STIFLING our creativity! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Great set of SH tasks folks, this is great fun, thanks in advance for all your hard work.

We just said "include a mandrill" NOT include a mandrill that is fighting, add a pie for 2 extra points, include a famous landmark for 3 extra points, and choose the madrill from a website WE picked for you.....

heh heh heh I can't wait!

leif

Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:03 pm   Reply with quote         

ive got to put in a pie?... what?

Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:55 pm   Reply with quote         

No leif, I was making fun of last round...just keep doing what you're doing.

DON'T FORGET TEAMS..... if you are using an alias in Sunday's contest, let me know now what your alias name is. We need to know in advance what the alias names are otherwise anyone could claim to post anyone else's picture.

Either PM me or Email me at nancers1@mac.com

Also, please submit your items as you complete them, not all at the end. It makes it easier for us to upload everything and build the website the judges will score from and you guys will all get to see each other's work.

I hope you guys are having fun! I've gotten some good stuff so far!! HAHAHA!

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Just to clarify, I've gotten a few PM's/Emails, so I'll put it here for all teams.

The votes in today's Iron Chef Contest mean nothing to the judges, you will not be scored according to the votes you receive.

Be SURE the Kentucky Fried Monkey Picture you send is the real one made by Chicken. There were several "spoofs" or "spin offs" made that were refering to the original idea, which was created by Chicken.

From what I've seen so far, this is the bestest scavenger hunt ever! Keep up the good work !

dewking

Post Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Team Lacey's Fetal Pizza is probably out of the running. I cannot post this weekend, Chicken cant work on images, Mezo cant access the site and xov is MIA

Sad
Damn

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - SCAVENGER HUNT #3 - Items and Instructions - Reply to topic