Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - WHO ARE YOU?.. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

jefflang007

Post Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:19 am   Reply with quote         

Ok this may be a little audio visual!

Me, 34, a member of the local constabulary now for about 3 years. Married for five (nearly divorced at the point of career change) one child…well actually no. we have a cat as a substitute, we are trying however.

I live in Adelaide Australia. I also work as an actor in tv, stage, commercials, radio and print media.

print:
http://www.eziglide.com.au yeah that’s me in the cheesy gold jacket!
Commercial:
http://www.nylon.com.au/movies/my_career.html
stage:
http://users.esc.net.au/~jefflang007/i'll%20never%20tell.WMV
(sorry you will have to cut and paste this url

So all that takes up most of my time… well that and cut and pasting

MindGraph

Post Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:06 pm   Reply with quote         

What about me? What did I do? Oh that's what I'm supposed to tell. I'm 45 till the 22nd of this month in which I'll be......oh I'm not going to do all the work....you figure it out. I'm currently living in Georgia for the past 3 years due to a job transfer from North Carolina. I work at a print plant doing more troubleshooting on pre-press and color manipulation plus many other tasks. Trying to fulfill my 3 year contract where I want to jump out of my nest and try and do my own thing with design. Unfortunately I am pretty much self taught so it seems to hold me back in the way of self confidence since I will have to help put some food on the table doing something I love. I have a wife and 3 kids ranging from 5 to 18 so I'm surprised to even have time to type this. I love photoshop so I'm lovin this site. Learning alot from everyone mostly on how to think out of the box which is one of my downfalls. Thanks everyone for the comments and I hope to make PSC a home for a while.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:18 am   Reply with quote         

Bump for all the new guys...tell us about ya self

cowboy399

Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:54 am   Reply with quote         

Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian woman named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

e2dmfj

Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:17 pm   Reply with quote         

You can find out alot about me through my blog if you wish....
http://wrigley1.blogspot.com
I post almost everyday. Usually funny stuff.

I have been working in Graphic Design for 5 years now and work for a Newspaper in Virginia. I find my job to have been a challenge but am looking to move even more into freelancing or do some agency work so that I can work on more than just ads or special sections. I am currently studying web design and look to move into that as well. Anyone got any extra freelance print work? I'll take it! Photomanipulation is my new favorite hobby when I have the time.

Wanna know anything else...
PM me.

E2DMFJ (E to the muther fuckin J)

cowboy399

Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:47 pm   Reply with quote         

e2dmfj wrote:

I have been working in Graphic Design for 5 years now and work for a Newspaper in Virginia.

Cool. I also live in "Old Virginny" though I am not a native. As the name implies I originally come from the west. I received my PhD in mathematical physics and work in aerospace. I originally come from a family of artists and musicians, but grew up separate from them so I didn't get much exposure. I am interested in art though. Wish I had more time to invest in it ...

BTW - As you probably guessed my previous post was a joke. Seems nobody got it though. It was a quote from Austin Powers where Dr Evil talks about his childhood.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I've been at PSC for awhile but work full-time, some freelance too, and don't spend time in chat room. I'm 37 and have been in the graphic arts field since I was 18. Spent most time working in the pubishing biz (books and magazine) and enjoyed it. Took some time off to galavant in Maui and Puerto Vallarta. Best job was working with the curatorial staff at a museum. Learned a lot there from very knowledgeable people. Now it's back to work and watching over a teenage daughter & spending time with handsome husband. I enjoy the challenge of this site and the people on it. Love ya all!!!!!

cowboy399

Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Now in the desert. Own a desert turtle and have a 15 going on 25 year-old daughter. Hoping she'll inherit some of my creativity (yes, I'm left-handed)--she's not). That's okay, though, she'll probably join a piercing/tatoo cult in Montana...
Love ya all!!!!!

I used to live in China Lake, CA when I first started my career. I was working at the Naval Weapons Center (now called the Naval Air Warfare Center). Man was that place hot and it was crawling with scorpions and mohave green rattlers.

Vlad

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:36 am   Reply with quote         

Cowboy you card. I missed your earlier Austin Powers post but I loved that speech in the movie and I'm
impressed with your dedication that you got it down so well. There were parts of the speech
I never got while watching the film. It says a lot about you sir.

Nice to meet you.

cowboy399

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Vlad wrote:

Nice to meet you.

Nice to meet you too!

Vlad

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:21 pm   Reply with quote         

That certainly explains it. Very Happy

e2dmfj

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Nice flaming shirt.

cowboy399

Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:18 pm   Reply with quote         

e2dmfj wrote:
Nice flaming shirt.

Thanks. It's not easy being that well dressed!

e2dmfj

Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:49 pm   Reply with quote         

I doubt it is... I doubt it is....

Antonio Cesar

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Hello pals!! This is a Great site!! Well... my name is Antonio Cesar, I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, I have 26 y o.
I work on a photography studio, fixing images all day long... also work taking photographs of rock and metal concerts \,,/ \,,/
And work as graphical designer of booklets, logos and other stuffs.

lol... my english is terrible, but I´ll try to communicate over here.
see ya!! Cool

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - WHO ARE YOU?.. - Reply to topic