Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Worth1000 vs PSC - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Fugue

Post Tue May 10, 2005 10:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Smile yes, and they're plotting away in secret, plotting to... EAT YOUR CHILDREN Twisted Evil

Doodler!

Post Tue May 10, 2005 10:44 pm   Reply with quote         

mmmmm children

Groggie

Post Tue May 10, 2005 11:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm a member of W1K, and I started here at PSC. The things I like better there are that submission entrants remain anonymous until voting has ended so that people will judge by the piece rather than having any bias to the artist. Another thing is voting starts for all entries at the same time. Here, if you submit first with an okay image it will get more votes than if someone else submits an amazing chop towards the end of voting.

W1K is completely free, to enter a contest without having any credits follow these steps:
1.) Create your photoshopped image.
2.) Click submit entry in the contest's page.
3.) Check the box that says 'Put my entry up for bidding' (or sponsorship, I don't remember what it says specifically)
4.) Fill out the title, and other information about the image and UPLOAD it!
5.) Click submit
Your entry is now up for bid and other members can pay for your entry. If it wins, you get a trophy, woohoo! If it wins without sponsorship, you will not recieve a trophy, but I guarentee that next time you put an entry up for sponsorhip, it WILL be bidded on.

Budmulla

Post Wed May 11, 2005 1:01 am   Reply with quote         

Well i am a memeber over there and i joined there first .... I went looking for another site that does similar stuff .. and found thta nothing comes close to staking up against worth.
This place i think is second on the list .... and i joined here mainly because i wanted an outlet for some not so seriuos chops ... but inever got around to entering anything here yet,

The navigation was a lil overwhelming at the start .... but after a while you get a handle on it ... and as a new comer its cool bcause its like there are all these lil nooks and crannies to explore.... and really it isnt that much different a layout fom here,

As for credits ... I am one person that has never paid for any ... Ive entered some comps got a sponser and then when i won i got 50 credits! (1/.2 the win) .... i then won another after i sponserd myself and won the 100 ... i now have over 300 to play with ... and you can always try your luck at sponsoring someone else for 2 credits for a chance to win 50.

I do like how the entries arent displayed and voted on until after the submission preiod is over and whilst voting is on you still dont know who did what .... i think thats very important.

Im sorry if a seem a lil one sided and i must say i havent spent enough time here to make a good opion of the place .. hopefully i might enter a comp here soon.

One thing at w1k is that the "begginer comps" usually have a suplied source image ... sometimes a theme.... and after you have won 3 begginer comps its sorta advised that you leave them to the new people and move onto the advanced comps ... one thing is i like the supplied sourcve ones so this place might be a good outlet for me for thatr reason.

Bud Smile

Ooo and whats with all these funny forum avatar signature pics lol ... thats something different.

ReinMan

Post Wed May 11, 2005 1:51 am   Reply with quote         

Okay - I've (and this is true) haven't looked at Worth1000. Don't plan to.

One serious addiction is enough. Razz

(Gotta pay the rent sometime, y'know! Wink )

ReinMan

Post Wed May 11, 2005 5:25 am   Reply with quote         

W1K is for fuckers

we stupid morons hang out at psc

Fugue

Post Wed May 11, 2005 6:05 am   Reply with quote         

Ledirlo is a twat. This is why people invade france.

Post Thu May 12, 2005 2:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Never been to W1K---I used to post at http://www.freakingnews.com

It's a lot like Worth --- Looks just like it but different.

by pacoperez

Post Thu May 12, 2005 7:00 pm   Reply with quote         

First off, people invade France because its easy, like kicking the shit out of a mouthy kid in a wheelchair. Second off, Worth1000 seems vey cold and impersonal, and when you need credits and sponsors and all of that horseshit... screw it. i have seen some decent work there, but no better than people here when given 24 hours to chop something and they tell you what to do.

I might even try it someday if whoever builds the site gets his/her head out of their ass and builds a decent site, it took me about a half and hour to find my way around enought to figure out what the fuck was going on. Talent be damned...

IT HAS NO PERSONALITY!!! THANK YOU GODS OF PSC!!!
YOU CANT HAVE A SITE WITHOUT A COCKFLOWER!

Post Thu May 12, 2005 7:51 pm   Reply with quote         

I was a member here at PSC long before I joined there, and I still prefer PSC hands down. People are all the time whining about needing to change this and that here and how something could be better, but I say this place is great the way it is, and whether or not PSC has less members, talent, or people that don't like the voting setup, I say that through all the weekly drama, and bitching and moaning, that we have more fun here and have got the better community and best people.

I have posted in a few contests at worth in the past Month or so and I know am not here much anymore due to being blocked on my computer at work, but my loyalty is still here and miss this place.

Worth is far from being a replacement for PSC, but it's not blocked.

Fugue

Post Thu May 12, 2005 9:11 pm   Reply with quote         

spence wrote:
...when you need credits and sponsors and all of that horseshit...

For the third time now - you don't. Rolling Eyes

You may as well say you need advantage to post here.

I'm not particularly in favour of W1K, both sites have particular strong points and weaknesses, but you force me to play devil's advocate.

bluefist
Site Moderator

Post Thu May 12, 2005 9:20 pm   Reply with quote         

People are gonna think what they want no matter what you say Fugue.

I happen to know for A FACT you're wrong. Their inner system over there is very politicial & corrupt. Former moderators over there have publicly admitted as much.

YOU....don't know what you're talking about. Sorry buddy. I digress.

However, if being the resident Worthless1K advocate makes you happy, then good luck with your new hobby.

Cheers. Smile

Fugue

Post Thu May 12, 2005 9:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Lost again, Blue? That's redickless, everyone listens to me.

I talk. They believe.

Why? Cause I'm a balanced, even-handed guy, just sloshing through the mire of personal bullshit that poisons your apparently baseless arguments. You speak of facts, but you give us only bitter anal wind.

I am the way, the truth, and the light Idea ...Ahmen.

bluefist
Site Moderator

Post Thu May 12, 2005 9:43 pm   Reply with quote         

In THAT case....

Fugue is a big dummy. He's a plant paid by Worthless, I'm willing to bet.

Laughing Razz Wink

Post Fri May 13, 2005 8:07 am   Reply with quote         

I heard that Jax drinks the blood of babies and DerAlt worships goats!!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Worth1000 vs PSC - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.