Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Why is voting so low? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

nitrusuicide

Post Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:57 pm   Reply with quote         

I've noticed over the past couple of weeks that the voting in the contests are lower than what they usually are. Usually, the winners rack up about 70 votes for their entry, but now there's only been one over sixty in the past week and a half. I think it sucks because some people enter their image and don't vote on anything. I usually always use all 25 of my votes because I like to encourage others who are new and less experienced as well as vote for the ones that deserve every single vote they get. I don't just vote for the ones that deserve it because I'd be may voting would be too user-based instead of image-based, so I pick the top-25 pictures and vote for them, even if they aren't the greatest thing ever made. I would really like to see people start voting more and see winning entries go back up to 70+ and votes per contest being 1000+ again because it makes it more fun that way. There's nothing better than a few entries battling for the lead with 70 some votes and only needing one or two to put them over the edge.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:09 am   Reply with quote         

here here nitus... i agree with ya 100%, i always use my 25 to like you say vote for top work, and also work by noobs that is progressing and u can see learning and trial and error, so come one people vote... but also dont forget... alot off peeps are off on holiday around now, so that is gonna dent vote totals..ok laters

marco

ReinMan

Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

Bluesbro

Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Unfortunately, real life keeps me from voting consistantly. Until they pay me to submit chops and vote here, I have to give the bulk of my time to the company that will Laughing I also think that it is summer time and there are many other outdoor things to do ... as well as vacations and other such pleasant diversions. I suspect that the voting tide will be ever changing (wow, I actually sounded sort of poetic there Wink ).

Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:13 pm   Reply with quote         

It takes maybe 5 minutes to go through the images and vote for them.

PS Nice pic reinman

Bluesbro

Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Not sure what voting technique you're using, but I bet I at least take a half hour to go through all the contest entries and vote (added up over many viewings) ... maybe more. Even so, sometimes 5 minutes is hard to come by. Just know that everyone comes to this site from a different situation in life, and a different view on how to enjoy it.

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:30 am   Reply with quote         

Wow, nitrusuicide, if you can get through 50+ entries and give good considerate votes in 5 minutes, then YOU DA MAN! But I personally think you may want to check your stopwatch! Razz (thanks for enjoying my beaver, btw! Laughing )

It takes me 20 minutes to 30 + to go through any given contest on day 2. If I really want to be fare (and I DO want to be fare) I need to go throught them all once and then do an actual voting pass.

It is true that I waste a lot of my time posting in the forums, but that is one way I enjoy this site and that is that.

All in all, we each got 24 hours a day, not a second less or more! Gotta spend it the way we want to spend it! Very Happy

e2dmfj

Post Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

You can always vote at night when you get home. It doesn't take that long to go through the entries.. More than 5 minutes that is a given. But vote. What is the point of posting if you are not going to vote for anyone. I don't use all my votes sometimes unless there are a ton of good ones but I always vote on the ones I post in.

ScionShade

Post Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:41 pm   Reply with quote         

HA! Ya dug up an old thread- What's really on your mind?
Feel free to PM me , be glad to help.

YerPalAl

Post Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Why is voting so low?

Well, looking at the page when I go to vote I notice that the picture is at the top, then everyone else's votes, Then the voting space is yet below THAT so that is MY throry why voting is so low, its at the bottom of the page.

In all seriousness, I would be willing to bet that the Katrina issue and the failure of our elected officials in this country is distracting a lot of people right about now.

ScionShade

Post Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:56 pm   Reply with quote         

It'sd an OLD thread Al Razz

YerPalAl

Post Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, it was ressurected today.

ScionShade

Post Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:27 pm   Reply with quote         

True....why? Do you feel the voting has been low too?

seamusoisin

Post Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:38 pm   Reply with quote         

I have noticed that voting has dropped off, don't know why, but I think choppers are not recognizing efforts. I have to admit my real life gets me me not voting with the 25 votes alloted. I agree with MB that we should be utilizing all 25. Realistically I try but don't always.

What I want to do is view the work and see if there is a step forward or a thought provking chop. If it makes me think, question how it was done , therefore it should get a vote. I don't vote for people who vote for me, otherwise I could not utilize all the votes, but rather for what I think is provoking. I have never seen a winner who did not deserve the win, and I think that sometimes others may deserve more recognition, There are diferent levels of expertise. Sometimes someone of lower expertise actually dose better (relatively speaking) than someone with greater skills. I am constantly reminded that we all see the same image in diferent ways. That to me is the most redemming thing of this whole exercise. To quote MB e shall rise again one day...out of the ashes to become the masters of our own destiny...one day my friends...one day .

Thjere were the apostles, the masters, and now inthis age there are the choppers. Use the power wisely!

Pirate Seamus

Post Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Ha! Low voting.. I remember back in the good ole days when an entry would win if it got 15 votes! Laughing

Well, Ok.. I'm not THAT old here. But there was one contest I enterd (3 way tie for 2nd place) that the winning entry only earned 14 votes.

Now they're complaining about only getting 60 votes to win? Razz

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Why is voting so low? - Reply to topic