Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - First chop, comments please - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Original

Chop

Post Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:43 pm   Reply with quote         

this is really good, I like the Modena taillights!

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:31 pm   Reply with quote         

hi first of all damienwc, and welcome....

just a quick message to let you know what i'm thinkin'.......

The chop itself is fundimentally a good one, although the new reflectivity of the windows suggest that something other than the wing-mirror would be reflecting in them...

use ya imagination here as obviously you dont know what is to the left of the shot....

as an example...

you could have a sign above a shop, and you would warp and reverse this til happy, and this would illustrate perfectly that you have taken the time to observe the reflections.....

althought as the original image suggests there may just be a void....

in any case, thinking ahead, and impressing the viewer will always win you respect....

ok next point.

The rear of the original image looks to have been altered...possibly by you but more likely not.....i took it into photoshop and had a good look at it, and it looks like some use of the healing brush has been used.....

in any case you choice to impliment some lisence plate work is a beneficial one... and the extension giving the car skirts and exhausts is basically a good job.....

although some slight smudging has occoured on the bottom right of the rear skirting, minor...but people notice........

.ok the new lights are good, and as are the new alloy's.......

the alteration of brightness and contrast for background is a good job, makes the pic look more lively.........

I am not sure about the flames on the side of the car, they are good, and look at the correct angle, just maybe a bit light???

My final point is that...if you wish to utilise text on an image.... make sure it is a great job, the iV-Tec text is at totally the wrong angle to the image, it needs more character and indeed needs warping to corect angle of car....it looks like it has just been stuck on normally...which perhaps it has...

Overall tho it is a good job for your first effort, so well done for that, I just hope some of these comments help.

All the best damienwc

Marco B

Post Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:22 am   Reply with quote         

Wow Marco, thats ALOT more than I was expecting but very useful info indeed. I appreciate the honest criticism and also the confidence to keep chopping. Thanks to Mason also. Now im off to start a new chop. Wish me luck!

Post Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:28 am   Reply with quote         

yeahm the reason I didn't say much is b/c I KNEW someone else would! lol I knew I could depend on you to say it all, Marco!

Post Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:01 am   Reply with quote         

well mason i aim to please...waaaay to much time on my hands this sunday morning ha ha...oh and damien, do some of the comp pics and enter, then u will get lots of insight into ya work

laters peeps

marco B

ReinMan

Post Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:25 am   Reply with quote         

marco wrote:
just a quick message to let you know what i'm thinkin'.......

Man, I wouldn't want to have to read one of your 'not quick' messages!

Razz

Yo, damienwc , this may not be as 'quick' a tip as Marco's Wink - but what I'm gonna tell you about is a very important tip for putting text into an image in PhotoShop Smile Here we go:

That text issue on the side of the car - as Marco mentioned, it ain't workin. Once you've got your text roughly where you want it, copy the layer and turn one off (for a editable back up if you need it later). On the active text layer RIGHT CLICK on the layer and choose RASTERIZE (depending on which level of PS you are using you can also find this under LAYER menu). This turns the text into a BITMAP image, and allows you to seriously chop the text shape etc.

Now hit Control "T" and you'll get those little grab boxes around the text. If you hold down CONTROL and click on the corner boxes you and now add perspective to your text. In your images case it should be smaller the further away from the camera it is. Also, you can play around with the other corners of the Transform box until it looks like it is actually on the surface of your car.

NOTE: if you don't RASTERIZE your text, you can only to some warping using the FREE TRANSFORM boxes like I've mentioned here. Go give it a try and play with the rasterized version and try the same on the TEXT layer. You'll find out fast enough what the difference is.

Have fun - and good work for your first chop! Very Happy

Post Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

"Now hit Control "T" and you'll get those little grab boxes around the text. If you hold down CONTROL and click on the corner boxes you and now add perspective to your text."

YES! Thank you, Reinman!!! I don't feel stupid anymore! I didnt know how to do this, either... Embarassed

Post Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

oooh mason...ya didnt want to admit that in a forum...DUCK....its the luff waffe

Post Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:35 pm   Reply with quote         

lol, well, I had already asked it in another on but no one answered me...At least I think no one did...Anyways, I am at LEAST ten years behind most of you so think how much I know already that you didn't know at this age! Wink

Post Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:19 pm   Reply with quote         

"Of all the things I've learned over the years, it's that I know nothing..." - some dude from Canada

Post Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Marco, thanks for the suggestion but I dont think im quite ready for any contests yet. Still workin on my skills but I will be entering contests SOON. Meanwhile, here's my second chop. C&C Please.

Original

Chop

HandToolUK

Post Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, I'd like to comment on your images but... all I see are the dreaded RED Xs!!!

So one suggestion - get a better image host than geocities... something that can better handle remote linking and high numbers of hits/views... Smile

Two possibilities:
Photobucket (used to be shaky, but seems a lot more reliable these days)
• Create your own MSN group

Check around the forum threads (do a search) for other site suggestions too - this topic has been covered before.

Post Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:51 pm   Reply with quote         

HandTool.......... pics should be fixed now. I actually had a photobucket account, but I havent used it in so long I forgot about it! Anyhow, they work so feel free to comment.

marcoballistic

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:53 am   Reply with quote         

ok for starters damien....bull crap, you are easily good enough to strt posting, so come on and join us man..... ok then lets look at the pic here

you know...apart from resolution in some areas like the grills, that is causeing minor digital errors, and the black bonnet is a bit sharp and stands out a bit too much.....this is a really good job, the colours need a little more shading in areas but nice change, good reflections, nice alterations of body of car....slight error in purple glow round car outline, but hey easily fixed....i like it damien, keep it up...and start choppin' the daily pics Very Happy

ok man catch ya later

Marco B

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - First chop, comments please - Reply to topic