Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Socks Rule! And now, the SOCK LAWS... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

splodge

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:11 pm   Reply with quote         

to "capture" a screen >press print screen___sys rq, next to F12 button, go into any image editer,paint, photoshop, click edit>paste, and poof, there's your screen print,,,,,,,,,,let me know if you have problems Very Happy

P.S. most the bad language early morning/afternoon PSC time, is by sad old/middle age men, sad but true.

Hallcross Toots
ReinMan

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:28 pm   Reply with quote         

j-elzic is correct - if you do not participate in chat every now and then (and attempt to bring your own civility to those there who need guidance in this area!) then you will not need a SockLINK for your CynnSOCK.

And Splodge is correct. You can capture your screen that way.

or MY way if you DARE!

st1n3r

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:37 pm   Reply with quote         

SWINGING BLADES LIKE A HELICOPTER

cafn8d

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Okay. It didn't work. Probably because I'm using an old USB keyboard from my PC on my new MacMini? I never used the function keys for anything, so I never found out whether they work. I do seem able to "print" the screen and save it as PDF, but it doesn't look quite the same as the actual screen. I think I'll have better luck with Elmer Fudd's wabbit twap heh heh heh heh.

As far as chat goes, does anyone have a recommended time to try? (Thanks for the recommendation of when NOT to try.) I mention teenagers because I've worked in public libraries where one can always find 13-16year-old boys with their incredibly vulgar "chat" on the public PCs. I'm glad it's not my job to constantly police them. Rolling Eyes

But what about Cynn Originals "plain sock" avatars with different, non-chat-oriented qualifications? Why not reward good voters? PSC does, after all, keep track of everyone's votes per post ratio. One does need to have entered more pics in order to vote. There are thousands of registered users, but fewer than 100 entries on most of the contests...I would be surprised to find out if very many of those users were "active" in everything but the contests on a site titled "PhotoShop Contest. Question

I really don't mean to sound like I'm "whining." Embarassed It's hard to convey tone-of-voice in a forum. Just still being so new, such a tourist, I get lost and confused easily... Huh..

Cynn

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:17 pm   Reply with quote         

This is a job for... Sock Cop!

To capture your screen on your Mac, hit shift + apple + 3. This will generate a file called Picture 1 on your desktop. You can edit that with Photoshop, cropping it down to just pertinent details. Smile

I love daytime chat. I wish work was less busy so I could chat more. However, I do realize it's an acquired taste. The evening crowd is more subdued, and some Tuesday nights, you can catch Reinman. Smile

Please feel welcomed to organize a chat for a certain time, when you'd like to set a more professional tone. If you post on the board, I'll bet folks will show up.

cafn8d

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Cynn wrote:

To capture your screen on your Mac, hit shift + apple + 3. This will generate a file called Picture 1 on your desktop. You can edit that with Photoshop, cropping it down to just pertinent details. Smile

IT WORKED!! Mr. Green
Bow You have NO IDEA how long I've been wanting to do that!! Hug
<insert back-flipping emoticon here Wink>

And thank you for the encouragement. I'll get my feet wet yet! Er, your socks are probably dryclean only, huh. I'll have to be careful once I finaly qualify for one. BTW, I love them! (Who doesn't?)

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:00 pm   Reply with quote         

[sock:mason4300]

so how exactly does this work?

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
P.S. most the bad language early morning/afternoon PSC time, is by sad old/middle age men, sad but true.

Awww.... we aren't that bad, are we? Instead of disgusting and vulgar, I prefer to think of us as challenging the increasingly rigid conventions of political correctness. If you think it's bad now, you should have seen the chat area in it's primal, unmoderated days! Fanatical mobs of retired members used to raid the forums in the early morning hours and drag helpless, unsuspecting newbies into chat and force them to post badly animated GIFs and other unspeakable filth. Yeah... those were the days. Laughing

sage

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Cafeinated: If you hit command-shift-4 on a mac, you can click and drag over the part of an image you want to capture. The image will be captured once you release the mouse.

You say "apple", I say "command" Wink

cafn8d

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:02 am   Reply with quote         

The Lorax is my favorite Dr.Seuss book!
I'm all for "freedom of speech," I just exercise my "freedom of choice in reading."
And Thanks, Sage.

Goat1981

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:20 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
j-elzic is correct - if you do not participate in chat every now and then (and attempt to bring your own civility to those there who need guidance in this area!) then you will not need a SockLINK for your CynnSOCK.

And Splodge is correct. You can capture your screen that way.

or MY way if you DARE!

*ROFL* Laughing

Cambria

Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:52 am   Reply with quote         

[sock:Cambria] I am also relieved I am a charter member of the PSC socks! I was going to say I can vouch for cafn8d participating in the chat room - an actual conversation! Hurdle one is done!

I love Reinman's new hat & whistle! Just keep the accordian and PLEASE DO NOT give him a billy club! SAY "NO!" TO SOCK BRUTALITY!!!!!

Lobotomized

Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:32 am   Reply with quote         

socks? we don't need no steenking socks!

Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:11 am   Reply with quote         

Cambria wrote:
[sock:Cambria] I am also relieved I am a charter member of the PSC socks! I was going to say I can vouch for cafn8d participating in the chat room - an actual conversation! Hurdle one is done!

I love Reinman's new hat & whistle! Just keep the accordian and PLEASE DO NOT give him a billy club! SAY "NO!" TO SOCK BRUTALITY!!!!!

Why, thank you, Cambria. Smile Thanks to earlier advice, I did manage to "capture" a few screens--without laying traps, too! Laughing I've actually enjoyed the chat, now that I've gotten to know a few people better, and some of you have gotten to know me better. Smile

I do have a question about the forum thread. Perhaps Reinman-cop or Cynn-sock creator would be the ones to decide. Here's the thread I started: http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3015 It was a serioius question, and I've gotten a lot of great feedback and really helpful suggestions. We've even had some fun with it--check out Bandit, splodge's daughter's boxer! It has grown through a goodly part of a second page. However, several of the additional replies happen to be my own. Does this forum thread still qualify as per the spirit intended in the sock laws? I certainly hope so, but I'll respect the decision of the judges. Please Smile

Cynn

Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Haha! I loved that topic! I say it definitely counts.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Socks Rule! And now, the SOCK LAWS... - Reply to topic