Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Why some people try to be the best... is that a ego thing? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

arcaico

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:13 am   Reply with quote         

I've seen a couple of people trying to be the best at PSC... even myself... but damn... if there's something I've learnt from this site, is that it's not a matter of winning or losing... you chop when you feel like... you chop for fun... you chop for pleasure... not to be the best... so you're the best... so WHAT??? you still have I life to carry on (i guess)

anyway... just wanted to share this feelings with ya guys... I'm posting soon... not my best... just something I did while I'm at one of my damn imnsonia episodes...

anyway... who else listen to beethovem (sigh)

thanks for yer time...
I'll still go after my immortal beloved... (and to another glass of pinot wine (pinots are better than merlots nancy... believe me)

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

yello_piggy

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:33 am   Reply with quote         

you are right, but I think that you have to go through the "I-give-my-life-for-psc"-period to see things in your way. I am freshly back to life after "my" period and its a good feeling when the stress falls off. Wink

Goat1981

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:20 am   Reply with quote         

Agreed.

...and I *love* Beethoven. Shocked

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:10 am   Reply with quote         

lol im afraid i'm in the crazed mentalist phase of psc, and hence have the rare illness of chopalitis, dont get too close people, its very contageous Very Happy

yello_piggy

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:17 am   Reply with quote         

but you ARE one of the best at the moment marco!

Patre

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

I do enjoy trying to create beautiful pictures. I like the "chopping" process and get pleasure from viewing an image that has a meaningful theme, excellent color scheme etc.,
No matter who has created it. My portfolio has 41 images that receieved 0 votes and 81 with 1 vote or less. I make that point only to show that there is something about the process that I enjoy that calls me to the "chopping" experience. Yes, I appreciate it when I receive more than a few votes for a project that I have created, and I am occasionally disappointed if I work hard on a project and it is not well received. And there are times when I have to work hard to detach myself from viewing votes as the most meaningful criteria of success associated with an artistic endeavor.But, if I like the finished product and the process of creating it was fun, then I feel blessed to have been part of an experience that was and is both personally fulfilling and artistically satisfying. Smile

Robaccomando

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:27 am   Reply with quote         

being the best here is impossible. There's so much talent. You can however, be one of the best.

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:49 am   Reply with quote         

wassup all just wanna say come here to have fun. You will stress yourself out trying to be the best and it can affect your work. First if you want any chance of winning and being the best you gotta have the advantage program. It gives you more time to get your pic done it can be turned in early so its there the whole time. For example i did this one when i was on a free account. http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/80756/display.html it doesnt get viewed as much. I believe if i had the advantage at the time that probably would have been top 3. Ive never won any yet. I mostly try to do something i think nobody else will do. Which makes it twice as challenging hehe. But i do the chop mostly for experience the more you do something the better you become at it. Ive did many sites ,car graphics, tattoos, etccc.. but thats easy stuff to me. Its easy when you know what you wanna do with a certain project. But pics of stuff you normally wouldn't mess with challenges you i like it Smile its sorta likea puzzle.

Also like coming here and seeing peoples awesome work some people really have creative minds and put them to good use. So basically think fun when you look at your pic not win hehe Smile Its also really cool if someone does a cool thing you can ask them how to do it or vice versa, exchange tips and just have fun Smile

chop chop Laughing

Patre

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:54 am   Reply with quote         

Roba's comment remnded me that I had lost sight of the thread theme in my first comment. I share Roba's view that, at least, for me, being the best is impossible. There are so many gifted and talented artists here that there is more pleasure in viewing the diversity of creative and beautiful images than there is in actually trying to be the "best". In fact, my experience of PSC has really helped me view the world from a less ego-centered point of view. There is "wonder" everywhere and in everybody, and I cannot simply reduce my experience of this diverse world to what is a product of my own talent and/or ego activity. It is a thrill to get up each day and marvel at the unique and creative bests of all of the PSC artists..To quote a song " What a wonder-full world" !!

Robaccomando

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

I also wanted to ad this,
A beginner chopper can come here and have a great idea and win. So, that's another reason why it's impossible to be "The One".

I know some people don't even post much anymore because of the fear of getting no or little votes. (not me, I just don't have the time.)

marcoballistic

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:09 pm   Reply with quote         

wow thanks for the compliment yello...lol funny in a thread about ego inflation, thanks again bud

neutura

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:16 pm   Reply with quote         

As long as your having a good time is all that counts (sigh). You can be a photoshop beginner and still win if you have a great idea but not really the other way around. It also helps if your popular I'm sad to say... but thats the way of the world. If your determined to be the best then more than likely your a full blown PSC addict and having a good time. keep choopin'

chrispis

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Ego thing! I always wanted to be the best,... weird thing actually,... I think it's in a certain person's nature to be so competetive. I have done serveral sports but I always to be the best I could,... maybe I just don't like things to be done in a mediocre way. And it always given me a good feeling when people thought it was cool what I did,... and that's all about ego I think.

arcaico

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:18 pm   Reply with quote         

pinots are still better than merlots....

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

marcoballistic

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

i prefer a good oj Very Happy

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Why some people try to be the best... is that a ego thing? - Reply to topic