Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - a nead help - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Type D or X to reset white and black, watch them change back and forth Rolling Eyes

[/quote]

rashdog
Site Moderator

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Adjust your monitor's gamma settings until it approximates white.
Not a perfect solution, but I've had similar problems.

Micose

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:25 pm   Reply with quote         

man...did u check ur Adobe Gamma Loader in config panel , starting menu,windows ?
theres this test with Suares,maybe ur white is too warm, i dunno...
MindGraph

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Well the thing is that when i do that and i click on white and the sheet is open instead of white there is yellow. When i try to change any of the color there is no white there, and instead of white there is yellow. And somebody told me about a calibration... and i don't really know what is that...[/quote]

I think who told you about the calibration is correct but not a monitor calibration. there is something in PS that I believe is set to compensate something such as web or whatever so it is your default background color when you open something. An example is if you look through different types of books you see different color types of paper. This I believe is working the same way but I can't remember where the setting is at the moment but will check with someone at work tomorrow. I had a similar issue a while back where my white opened at c,m,y,k all with 1% dot in them instead of all 0%. Let me check and hopefully we can resolve it. In the meantime just open a document, click on the yellow color and make it all 0's in your c,m,y,k then select all and hit delete. That will white out your background for now....oh and blah, blah, blah...sorry for yakking and saying nothing....hahahaha. was trying to give you a touch of your sanity back.

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:33 pm   Reply with quote         

thank you very much. look foward to getting this fixed for sure. baffleing it is.

splodge

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:43 pm   Reply with quote         

i washed the nicotene off my monitor, problem sorted

Hallcross Toots

Post Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Mimsun wrote:
Hi well i'm new to Photoshop, i recently installed Adobe Fotoshop CS2, and the first thing i noticed was that, that the background was yellow instead of white and i couldn't change it! I tryed but i just don't know why there isn't white color, soo.. could you tell me what to do ? Embarassed

Get your little window that asks you two options 'ignore' and 'use anyway'. Click ignore and the awful yellow magically changes to white. If you can't find the intro window you probably clicked the box that says to hide that window on start up.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - a nead help - Reply to topic