Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Ideas for more Interesting stats on people performance.... - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Showcase

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:01 pm   Reply with quote         

OH PLEASE!! can we all stop apologizing...we're just expressing our opinions here...cept maybe for that one comment from that one guy. Smile

And Im not letting this die yet Very Happy this is more fun than we've had in a month here... Twisted Evil

So is the recognition important, Scion, or the ART? Im getting confused? Do we need to show how great Bill is or not? Should we be happy just gazing upon his masterpieces or should we be amazed by his stats?

I think we can already do both and those of us that know what the stats are, sort the stats the way we want.

And why isnt a "great" chopper someone that can consistently chop a picture everyday and score good votes? Would BillTv actually be able to compete in an entry for entry run with a reyrey or a marco with an averaging 4, 5 sometimes even 7 images a week? I dont know, maybe...maybe not. What these choppers do on a consistent almost daily basis deserves recognition IMHO.

There are many people that can pick 1, 2 or even 3 images a month that fit their chopping style and excel in the standings IF you sort them in a way that compliments this sort of involvement with the contest.

perhaps a brief popup page with a good definition of the different stats and how to get the particular stat you want...Who posts the most and gets the most votes in a month, who has the highest VPP, who has the best PScore and what that means.

*disclaimer, I am only usings names already put forth in this thread. They are only used for example and nothing more.

ScionShade

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         

My reply to that would be so insidiously evil that i fear
it could bring about a meltdown within the cohesiveness of all that exist, bringing
an end to all we know and hold dear.....
you know dog gone well I can't reply to that without hurting some feelings.
Yer twisted man......TWISTED!

Very Happy

Lrossa

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:27 pm   Reply with quote         

wow, everyone's opinions are great, however, I still don't agree with it Very Happy

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

here me roar, for I am the lion king.....ahem sorry wrong thread.........

Great points again showcase, another interesting angle you have uncovered.

but again i will return to my simple point of:

'HOW WILL THIS HURT ANYONE IN THIS COMMUNITY'

I am trying, but yet can't see how it can

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:45 pm   Reply with quote         

We are now on page 5 of this discussion. In the name of efficiency, I thought I would help streamline things a bit by summarizing the responses. If you would like to add further commentary to this thread, all you need to do now is select one of these pre-written responses:

A.) I would like to see second- and third-place finishes listed in the stats page.

B.) I would not like to see second- and third-place finishes listed in the stats page.

C.) I'm not here for the statistics, I'm here for the art/learning/community/personal growth/hoes.

D.) So then don't look at the stats, you pompous git.

E.) For what it's worth, I don't care about the stats. I didn't even know we had stats. In fact, I didn't even realize there was any voting or competition involved...that's how little I care about stats. But I would like to see my second- and third-place finishes listed in the stats page, because there's been so many times when I finished just out of first, and I want some goddam recognition! You hear me?!? Second place means something, too!! I'm so tired of BTVS and Marco and Anfa getting all the attention!!! WHAT ABOUT ME?!?!? LIST MY STATS, TOO!!!1!!11!! Um...that is, if stats are even kept around here, which I wouldn't know because I don't pay attention to them.

F.) I'm Scion and no one really understands what I'm saying.

Goat1981

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I would like to see 2nd and 3rd counts on the STATS page in one's profile. However, I don't think it would be needed in the monthly standings page -- it would take too much room and doesn't really have anything to do with the monthly standings.

*lol* at choice E & F. Razz

marcoballistic

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:09 pm   Reply with quote         

yes ok a compromise, I am voting GOAT in this years

'where the 2nd and 3rd stats should be displayed election'

how about that then, is that ok with anybody, everybody, a couple of people, just me and G, or only the guy you see hanging around the back of the XXX store?

ScionShade

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Feral Hamster wrote:
bluefist wrote:
I'm sorry Macro. Not everyone is as overwhelmingly obsessed with the contest portion of this site as you..

blue, that ad hominem comment was unnecessary and rather uncalled for coming from a site moderator. i'd hope we could talk about this issue or any other without getting personal.

and a day later?

Feral Hamster wrote:

feral, that ad hominem comment was unnecessary and rather uncalled for coming from a site member. i'd hope we could talk about this issue or any other without getting personal. Smile

Very Happy this is a smiley--it is often used to determine when someone is joking.

marcoballistic

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

nice clear up btw feral, think ya right the thread was about to switch to random topic tangent mode Very Happy

HandToolUK

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:17 pm   Reply with quote         

lol @ Feral & Scion...

Great summary... and great riposte... Wink

ScionShade

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Very Happy
Pat me on the back HT, I'm choking!.....err, I mean
I've learned how to be civil !

Showcase

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:56 pm   Reply with quote         

no you havent scion...its just that there are a bunch of passive ninnys on here lately Very Happy Wink
its tough NOT to be civil with everyone being all apologetic and all! HA!

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Feral Hamster wrote:

feral, that ad hominem comment was unnecessary and rather uncalled for coming from a site member. i'd hope we could talk about this issue or any other without getting personal. Smile

Very Happy this is a smiley--it is often used to determine when someone is joking.

Scion, big difference in the two comments' tone and the relationship between the people involved. There's good-natured teasing, then there's simply calling someone out. Moreover, the original emphasis was on the 'moderator' part. But if you were in any way offended by the jest, please have some smileys, on me: Smile Very Happy Smile Smile Very Happy Wink Very Happy Smile Wink Smile Smile Very Happy Wink Very Happy . That denotes how funny and silly I am being. You know I luv ya. In that special way,

ScionShade

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing
It's all good Feral I always get a hard time,
dangit..I EARNED IT! Razz
But really, these guys are great. I don't see why you won't get what ya want--
trust me, my feelings arent gonna be hurt cause I was on the losing side of an issue Smile
Being wrong is right when your opposing "Mr. MyartissogooditbelongsinaShowcase"
(that was weak, I'm outta practice with the insult thing) Razz

ReinMan

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:56 pm   Reply with quote         

I just made the mistake of caring and actually READ this whole thread.

Now I'm suffereing SERIOUS eye strain and can't read the Fuckin' stats anyway now... Sad

And I had given up chopping to let my eyes heal, and NOW THIS!

Okay - see ya all in December hopefullly!!!

(I think that we should have 4th place in there somewhere too, as I've had a few of those and want to be reminded of my former glory.)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Ideas for more Interesting stats on people performance.... - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.