Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - YIKES! I need help. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Queen La Tiff

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Splodge, I've decided to leave my husband in favor of you. All HE wanted to do was get revenge! I'm a pretty good cook, you know, although I rarely make the bed or open the bills the day they come. If you don't mind a few hives, I think we could be very happy together--do you like the Beastie Boys? Would you relocate to NYC?

Tiffany

splodge

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Ha! i was just thinking the home page needs some text, could i use that last message Very Happy

Hallcross Toots
seamusoisin

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Tiff
I think the Hallcross site should be linked to your site. Kind of a fitting justice if I may say. If you guys did get together there would be a lot of talent in the house.

Ill raise a glass to the Splodge tonight. Cheers

[img]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/3127/skywrite0nk.gi[/img]

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
Queen La Tiff

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:59 pm   Reply with quote         

I also will be raising a glass to Splodge...only it will be a glass of dumb soda water, dammit. Yeah, I already said that Splodge could link whatever he wanted to my site...it can even be the first link. Splodge: couple things: I sent you some images to your email. Do you want thumbnails? Also, see my note to Paul about some kind of frame where I could update text frequently...the home page might be the best place for that. Is that difficult to do? Just something so I could go in and say "If you're going to be in Manhattan tonight, check out blah blah" --stuff like that. Finally, you'll notice that I have text next to my links: "This is a fun site for wasting time" and so forth...you can write whatever you want next to your link...if I were to write it, I would say " If you like bouncing boobs and motorcycles, visit my hero Splodge and his friends here."

That's just me, though. You do what you want!

I'm also totally serious about doing a portrait for you...although, honestly, I will probably not be able to leave my husband. He puts up with me, after all.

Thanks as always... Bow

splodge

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:57 pm   Reply with quote         

you are welcome tiff, i dont know about the text thing, but i could update the frount page any time, just e-mail me the text, i can copy, paste and post in 2 min's, bit of a prob' with the fixed size backgrounds, with resolutions settings from 800x600 up to 1920x1200 diferent ppl will be seing diferent things, 70% of ppl view my site at 1024x768 so i set yours to that, anything over that the background will start tiling/repeating.
open an account with that g-mail i sent you then i can send you the file (now 6.44MB ) paul can put it up on your own domain, show you how to get into your FTP then you can copy and past the home page into notepad and change the text that way.
P.S. dont anyone get drunk on my account, i can do that myself Smile

Hallcross Toots
Queen La Tiff

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Okay, I can dig it. You're the whip!

I'll post a note when it's up and running...just to clarify: will I actually need to send the file you made to Paul? Or, if I know my ftp (that's the address of the site, right? If it's not, can I get that info from my administrator or something?) and my password, can I just follow the instructions on your last post with the "copy to notepad" or whatever and do it myself? The sooner I get "hands-on" with this shit, the better. Excuse the language, but sometimes I have to curse just to make my damn point. What program do you use? Or is whatever you're doing a bit advanced for a dingbat like me?

I guess the frame on the front page is more of a blogging thing maybe? I was hoping for something like this here, where I could just go to the site and type and hit submit...maybe I don't even have that kind of site...I'm sure it's kind of obvious by now that I'm not real clued up about this stuff. Am I going to need to learn all that coding stuff, like with the crazy <something> ftp <some other thing> commands?

I hear it's pretty hot out there today...like 95 or something! Wow.

I set up that Gmail and I'm gonna go check it now. Thanks as always. Razz

splodge

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:39 pm   Reply with quote         

ftp = file transfer/take-up protocol, you can get a free one of the net, you have one on your computer (local) and your site host has one at there end, (remote) but you need the codes from paul, your ftp need 3 pieces of info to talk there ftp then you can upload huge files in one go, i just uploaded a 35MB file to my site last week for someone (try doing that with MSN,)
for just updating a bit of text you can log on to there ftp and do it online, but you still need them damn codes.
feel free to butt in anyone if you know better, i'm still a rank amature at this stuff Confused

Hallcross Toots
ScionShade

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I have the old WS_FTP-
it's very nice and the new versions aint free no more
unless your a teacher-
If you want it- say-so, I have it saved online and can get you the address to
download from.
ok having trouble finding it, but it's on my PC I can send it .

FootFungas

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Nice one splodge.

If you post his email id be happy to Spam... I mean Encourage him to do the right thing

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Okay...Scion, what is WP? I could use it, it sounds like. Guess I'm going to suck it up and ask Paul for the info...I'm almost to the point where I want to change my password and cut his dumb ass out of the loop--there I go cursing again!

I've got that gmail thing going, it's tiffanywidman@gmail.com

That should help if you feel like sending it to me. I'm going to figure this thing out, with all you guys helping, of course. The one drawback is that you all won't be able to see the look of pure adoration and gratitude on my face...

Queen La Tiff

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Foot fungus, you kook! Hey, how do I attach a gif to this post, or can I? I had a pretty appropriate one, but couldn't copy/paste it. Tant pis!

supak0ma

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:45 am   Reply with quote         

when you're ready for a professionally made website let me know, i have good prices Wink

Queen La Tiff

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:56 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks, supa...but have you SEEN any of what Splodge has done? It's about as professional as it gets. I appreciate your moxy, though...if not your timing. Raising Brow

supak0ma

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

yep i've seen it Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - YIKES! I need help. - Reply to topic