Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Blowing your vote load early. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

How long before your votes for a single contest are frittered away

first couple hours

2%

2%

[ 2 ]

by the middle of the first day

4%

4%

[ 3 ]

by the end of the first day

2%

2%

[ 2 ]

sometime on the second day

13%

13%

[ 9 ]

sometime on the third day

22%

22%

[ 15 ]

I rarely use all my votes before the contest closes

53%

53%

[ 36 ]

Total Votes: 67

TheShaman

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:13 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan EFFING THANK YOU! thats the first smile ive cracked in almost 3hours.
and i promise more forplay from now on honey.. Embarassed ok?

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:16 pm   Reply with quote         

ha, rein! with all that attention spent on voting, when do you have time for the actual "no holds barred" chopping? Laughing

tallwalker

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Back to the "Wait to vote" thing huh. The shaman didnt give me a vote today....it hurt but I've pulled the gun away from my head cause he did leave a comment. And really thats what is important to me, what you people think. See Im not a graphics designer, digital photo buff or any of that stuff. Im just a guy with a hobby and enjoy what I do here. Im up at 5 am pt...chop away and hope for the best. Not always great work but sometimes it isnt bad. The vote thing is important I guess to most of us...and yeah I'd like to win one of these things one day. But don't stop commenting!!! Oh wait this was about HOW I vote...hmmm...I wait till the end of the day to vote and finish the next day.

TheShaman

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:29 pm   Reply with quote         

you know if i could... everyone would get a vote and there would be no more loosers {/circle jerk} Rolling Eyes

apparently some of you like that i comment, others, not so much... so should I or shouldnt I continue to comment after ive spent my wad? i know not to vote too early now.... but i digress

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I've used all my votes several times within about 3-4 hours of the comp being opened, it depends on the number and quality of the entries

Mostly I have some reserved for the second day, but not always, just depends, I don't see a problem Shaman using his votes up, alot of funny and good entries today, and by the time I voted today, about 3 hours after opening, there where 50 entries

it can sometimes be easy to use all the votes if there are lots of good entries

today is a great example

anyway thats my look on this

Very Happy

TheShaman

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:06 pm   Reply with quote         

thank you marco!

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:19 pm   Reply with quote         

rein, thanks for the words of wisdom. I would have been fanning myself were I a woman.

I think its stupid to use all your votes before even the end of the first day. You are short changing those without advantage and who make a valiant effort to chop a good picture. One that might deserve a vote.

This is all Im saying...keep looking at the entries all you want, comment all you want but hold off on clicking the vote button and let some of the other people participate. I'm sure all of you have received a few votes on the last 2 days of a contest and it only seems a "positive" influence to allow the same courtesy for those that wish to play along, if perhaps a little late in getting their entry up..

even if there are 50 entries by the third hour, there might be 70 by the end of the first day.

Shaman, dont take this so personal. sheesh. You were simply an example of the current question bouncing around in my head. I dont think you're some sort of awful thoughtless creature and neither does anyone else.

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:

Shaman, dont take this so personal. sheesh. You were simply an example of the current question bouncing around in my head. I dont think you're some sort of awful thoughtless creature and neither does anyone else.

points taken, and being made the example of is what i was taking personal.... cause i sure as hell know im not the only offender here... yet i was singled out, but im over it now, and being a newbie or gumby if you will, this should have been alittle more acceptable, remember ive been a member for only 2months bud... and as ive stated many times, atleast when my votes are gone, im still commenting on the newer entries not alot of you do do that... some of us (myself included) are here more for the camaraderie and to learn a thing or two, and are not as focused on getting 1st place... that being said i do understand that not everyone has the luxury of entering the contest first thing in the morning, and i promise to take that more into consideration...... oh and btw i too dont have 'advantage' just the luxury of being able to chop first thing in the morning,..
no worries showcase, i dont feel any ill will twards you. just wish i wasnt 'singled out'
peace
Sean

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         

why cant people admit they'd rather get votes than comments? am I truely the only one?

But, you Shaman are giving mixed signals eh?
First you suggest it shouldnt be about the votes...
TheShaman wrote:
...some of us (myself included) are here more for the camaraderie and to learn a thing or two, and are not as focused on getting 1st place...

Then you comment with these under my image in today's contest...

TheShaman: but you know, ever since you said something about that... my votes just tanked... thanks for nuffin too Wink
and..
TheShaman: i guess i will just keep my mouth shut from now on when im out of votes

which is it?

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

I heart Reinman!
*fans self*

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:00 pm   Reply with quote         

oh geez showcase it was a joke... i was going along with your thanks for nuffin.... plus the wink at the end... sorry sarcasm is lost on the internets. if i got as many comments as i had views and no votes i would be just as happy. again, votes are great, but if you cant vote for me, comment. good or bad. its the only way i know if its liked or if i need to work on something more.... personally 25 votes for a contest that has upward of 70 entries is tough for me to handle, im still trying to say "i like something" and vote and when i cant vote, i comment... deal with it. AGAIN! i will try to refrain from voting too much early on to give others a chance. i thought we were done but apparently we must continue to

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:15 pm   Reply with quote         

I just love all your cute emoticons!

...but, anyone suggesting that someone in a contest is just as happy with a comment as they are with votes is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

Don't get me wrong here, I like comments and I know its NOT just you Shaman...but you are the only discussing it Very Happy

Tallwalker had it right. Dont stop commenting...

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:25 pm   Reply with quote         

maybe cause this is mainly directed at me as a reason why i am 'discussing' it with you.
and the fact that ive only come in (i think highest) 5th place is great, & dont get me wrong... id love to win but if i dont, im not going to kill myself over it. now if this 'contest' had a PRIZE at the end of the day, sure as shit i would CARE alot more about VOTES and whom i gave them too. but since its for FUN VOTES BE DAMNED! THIS IS NOT THE MAIN REASON i am here, im here to kill time, see what others can do with a program that i work with professionally and see if people like what i come up with. ok im really just tired of this now. i hope you can forgive my past frittering, now that i know that VOTES that are otherwise meaningless, (other than padding your stats) means alot more to some than i had thought.....
my work day is over now, so i wont be commenting on this or anything else for the day
goodevening showcase
until tomorrow
keep on choppin
sean

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Sean, if you blow your wad early don't stop commenting. I don't think show meant to single you out. I think this was a right-place-wrong-time thing.

Sean I still like you and I totally agree with you (much to the chagrin of showcase Wink [note sarcasm] ). If the contest did have a prize I would probably shit my pants instead of chopping (I don't take pressure well).

When I first started chopping I was all about the votes. Now I value the comments too. What I really like are the comments that provide actual feedback (xeno is really good for this).

Showcase

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with Tofu ..well, for the most part...that stuff about comments with actual feedback is hogwash! Wink

and...ok...I guess I still like you a little TheShaman.

In my chagrinned defense, I did state in my opening comment that I was wondering who else found themselves in the same situation and even added a poll for everyone to provide input and fess up, not just you, Shaman.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Blowing your vote load early. - Reply to topic