Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - File size... what a waste! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Queen La Tiff

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Good to know...[writing it all down]. I looked at that flash animation you made, and it's amazing that you did it without HTML. It's also good to know that HTML isn't absolutely essential, because I don't know if my brain can think like that.

Michael, how long did you have to work with flash before you were able to do something like that? Just curious.

supak0ma

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         

ahem...HTML IS essential in web design, the page that holds a flash movie is written in html... Shocked

Michel

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Queen La Tiff wrote:
Good to know...[writing it all down]. I looked at that flash animation you made, and it's amazing that you did it without HTML. It's also good to know that HTML isn't absolutely essential, because I don't know if my brain can think like that.

Michael, how long did you have to work with flash before you were able to do something like that? Just curious.

Tiff, I started with little silly things like these, which, in themselves take a few hours just to make. The learning proccess to be able to do this level of animation also takes a few hours. The best place to start is to go through the serie of tutorials included in the Help section of your Flash program.

I personally use Flash5, it's only 25mb of size and it's loaded with all the power I need.

There is some programming in Flash, but there is a way to work around it by filling the fields in, thus avoiding writing the code from scratch. In the worst case, if you want to accomplish something particulary difficult that needs a lot of programming, there are ready made .fla files usually included with tutorials; you can use the programming of these files and change their graphic content, but I guess that if one was going to use it commercially, then it would be a problem.

Michel

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:32 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
ahem...HTML IS essential in web design, the page that holds a flash movie is written in html... Shocked

Yes, but the .html file is automatically generated when you Publish your .swf file. Generally, you don`t have to change the .html file's coding to achieve the wanted result.

Queen La Tiff

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:38 pm   Reply with quote         

So helpful. That "simple" animation was hilarious, by the way. Je ne parle plus francaise, but what I did understand was pretty funny.

I'm gonna see what can't get done. Thanks again for the help.

splodge

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:17 pm   Reply with quote         

if you are not a chat page regular you will not of seen this one,
http://www.hallcross.co.uk/html/caffine.htm
i did it for cafn8d after she had a day at the dentist, made her laugh, i might finish it tomorrow Very Happy

Hallcross Toots
jad3

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

i just started reading this topic....i never knew that advantage people get nearly twice the file size to play with! for those of us keeping it real without the advantage, the 'save for web' feature on photoshop is an essential and should be used every time. Wink

jad3

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:57 am   Reply with quote         

everyone should have advantage.....its the wave of the future don't you know

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - File size... what a waste! - Reply to topic