Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - The PERFECT Solution! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

What do you think?

Lets just leave it as is

46%

46%

[ 15 ]

Something HAS to change

21%

21%

[ 7 ]

whatEVA!

31%

31%

[ 10 ]

Total Votes: 32

blue_lurker

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:05 am   Reply with quote         

It's a good idea, the only thing I like about knowing who posts what is the improvement factor. A lot of the time if I see an image from a member that has improved from his last images, then I think that deserves a vote. I know Im one of the few people that uses every vote and tries to look at ever image, but improvement votes are still a good thing.

My 2cents AU
.7 cetns US
$25 Canadian

HandToolUK

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:08 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
My 2cents AU
.7 cetns US
$25 Canadian

You forgot to tell us how much that is in UK £ Sterling. Razz

Oh and, for completeness: Euros (€). Even though I don't consider that a "real" currency... Laughing

Showcase

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:42 am   Reply with quote         

16ozBud wrote:
I dont agree with showcase - He is a rich man as far as votes go and the poor man still exists, no wonder he agrees because he sits high a top the richman with votes platform and any further leveling of the UNEVEN playing field will hinder the rich from getting votes. I say ANNOYMOUS VOTING! I said it 2 years ago, I said it 1 year ago I'll say it today...
A N N O N Y M O U S V O T I N G.
That is the only TRUE level playing field.

This is bullshit. If anyone should be for anonymous voting, it should be me. I often wonder how many votes I dont get because of my "hurtful" and "confrontational" comments on members' entries. How many more votes would I get if people didnt know it was done by the "evil Showcase with his tactless comments"?

We tried anonymous...it didnt work. The good pictures still got all the votes, the lazy images got a few and the newbies have to stuggle to make a name for themselves...as always.

You'll be ok, Bud. Have you thought that maybe you dont get votes with you alias, Plug, becuase its an alias and you've made it known? Maybe you should give up on your mission and just post good images with your 16ozbud name? Wink

Your problem these days is people dont vote for the kind of stuff you do...they're all artsy fartsy and shit now. You dont even need to chop an elaborate idea well anymore. You just need to make an honest "attempt" at chopping it and you get the vote.

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:08 am   Reply with quote         

"I have a dream that all PSC members will be judged here
not by the color of their names but by the color of their postings!"

Rolling Eyes

16ozBud

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:47 am   Reply with quote         

Calm down Showcase - You should know me by now, Im Mr anti-establishment Smile

cafn8d

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:53 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
It's a good idea, the only thing I like about knowing who posts what is the improvement factor. A lot of the time if I see an image from a member that has improved from his last images, then I think that deserves a vote. I know Im one of the few people that uses every vote and tries to look at ever image, but improvement votes are still a good thing.

I agree with Blue Lurker about why the posts should not be anonymous. I wouldn't mind in the least if nothing about voting changed at all... but if it had to, I would "vote for" anonymous voting... NOT anonymous posting... just the voters remaining anonymous... at least until the close of voting. There are pros and cons to every suggestion, and I can think of several of both for mine.

I suspect one of the biggest annoyances to people so concerned with the current "system" of voting... is that there really isn't one. I, myself, vote for different things for different reasons. If eveyone agreed with my choices, then only the entries I voted on would have any votes at all! Nothing will please everyone all the time. It's probalby best to leave it alone...

yello_piggy

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

i think we should transfer money to the author of an entry instead of voting. at the end of the year all the money comes together in a pool, and we all have a giant party at the home of the winner of the year (for example: 2005 party at anfa!) Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - The PERFECT Solution! - Reply to topic