Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Need help, cant vote because of goeny's vote! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Goeny

Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:03 pm   Reply with quote         

To rockprinzess.. We both use our own pc's. Doesnt help as you noticed yourself...lol very frustrating indeed.

Our options

Option 1 = I'm not thinking about moving out.... Wendy is too precious for that. (my prrrrrrrrecioussss)

Option 2 =Dial-up connection next to LAN. Not possible in here because of no telephone line. We both use cellphones. Way to expensive to be connected.

Option 3=Get advantage. Maybe an option for later. For now we will think about that.

Option 4=A new sexy code, for Wendy en me!!! OURS, OURS!!! Its all OURS!!... (sorry carried away with that..) al other couples with the same problem can use it too... maybe..Wink

Option 5=Hope someone else comes up with a good idea what is actually possible.

Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Did you try unplugging, rebooting, or disabling your Cable/DSL modem in order to get a new IP address?

Goeny

Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:12 pm   Reply with quote         

probably we will get a new IP adress but that means we have to reset the modem each time she voted... or me...

Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:44 pm   Reply with quote         

rex and i have adelphia and a static ip address, The only thing we've came up with is some site that temporarily disguises/changes your ip. He tried and it worked, but it was too much of a pain, so instead recently he hasn't been very active with psc. If there are are websites that change your ip, ways of changing your ip simply by rebooting your router, or logging in to your account from another computer.... why not get rid of the same ip address restriction? Rex and i have enough problems over who gets to do what, i want to vote for whom ever i want as so does he! PLEASE TELL ME THERE WILL SOON BE A "SEXY" CODE FOR COUPLES!!! Please Please Please

Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:50 pm   Reply with quote         

One option is to use the program Tor (http://tor.eff.org/).. it will make you anonymous and the ip address will change once a minute to a completely random proxy.

Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:53 pm   Reply with quote         

What rexcross is saying is that it's a pointless restriction!

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:35 am   Reply with quote         

I still think this issue needs addressing with a sexy code Wink

ReinMan

Post Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:57 am   Reply with quote         

What is this thing "Goeny"? Huh..

jmh132
Site Moderator

Post Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:36 am   Reply with quote         

Rex Cross wrote:
One option is to use the program Tor (http://tor.eff.org/).. it will make you anonymous and the ip address will change once a minute to a completely random proxy.

Tor does work. However, the Tor IP list is updated daily http://proxy.org/tor.shtml and can be blocked. I used to block it at the firewall with a script. Instead, I log Tor, among other major proxy apps, votes now. The last two users that have been quietly removed from psc were both using Tor. If you would like to use it for legitimate purposes it makes a lot of sense, and is quite cool actually. If you would like to use it to "beat" the system, it does not. You will probably get a good deal of posts/votes in before losing the accounts though. Most of them do. Wink

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:48 am   Reply with quote         

and that as they say...is that Very Happy

Rex Cross

Post Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:43 am   Reply with quote         

very true jmh, Tor is one of many anonymity-networls..Tor is good and easy to use.. I don't use any anonymity networks personally... as i am lazy... however.. Mixminion, Mixmaster, Tarzan, Morphmix, JAP, MUTE, and AntsP2P are also good candidates..im just biased to Tor

it also concerns me the use of phishing to gain other peoples accounts.. (means of using 'fake' logins to collect login information).. mostly because I think the account I had long ago might had been phished.. ( I couldn't login with the passwords I had at the time)...

my wife and I share the same ip address.. it would be good if there were some way to allow my wife and I to vote on the same entry... it takes the fun out of it for me... especially since my wife votes so much.. i understand the point of the ip address, but it kills it for some of us.. i was thinking of introducing people at work.. but we also are on the same ip address.. (hehe)

X-Rex

Post Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:34 am   Reply with quote         

To reinman... Read http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2462&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120

Page 9 last entry...
Then you will know what a GOENY is.

Post Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:00 am   Reply with quote         

so... what's the awnser to this? For now i will at least leave a comment when i want to vote for something he already voted for. This is only a problem when we both like it (cause otherwise we wouldn't be voting for the same thing) ah well, can't please anyone but its not right. Confused

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

ok, sorry to bring this back up. But from today on this voting rule for same ip adresses realy sucks! Maybe it's just me, but i feel guilty that i cant give people what they deserve. Take todays contest. So many good entry's goeny and i both want to vote for and there's my comment saying: nice job, but sorry i cant vote because my hubby already did that!
Now,.. we could let one of us vote but thats just not the way it should be.
He cant go on the internet at work, i do not wish to reset my router everytime i voted, and no.. i will not kick him out of the house. Please find something for this, it's driving me crazy. Now we both have to check if one of us voted before we do, and if i choose for show all entry's i used to know what i have voted for, but now i dont cause the pictures dont get that grey fuzzy stuff on them when i comment that i like it!
can anybody... think of something?? Bow

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGHHHHHH! sorry had to get that out.

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Seems to me the simplest, but most likely to be abused, system would simply be to allow two votes from the same IP as long as they came from different user accounts.

But this also opens up the possibility of people using aliases to overload the votes. Especially if said losers could also change their IP. But, then again, if people have multiple accounts and the ability to check from home, work, library, etc. they could overload the votes anyway.

So back to the original suggestion of allowing up to two votes for an IP as long as they are seperate user accounts.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Need help, cant vote because of goeny's vote! - Reply to topic