Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - your view, literally! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:18 pm   Reply with quote         

ED209 wrote:
People like Nancers didn't start winning contests immediately. She spent months improving her style and technique, and built a fan-base in the process. It's the only tried and true way to increase the sacred vote total.

So true, me and nancy came here at the same time, and we both had several posts with 0 votes. Once you figure out what styles, effects, and themes get votes, then all you have to worry with is improving your quality, which is a never ending task. At first, spotting flaws in your own work is the hardest thing to do. I used to look at my own posts and think "Hey this is a good post, why the hell am I getting shafted" , but now I look back at those and laugh at how ridiculously bad they were.
The bar is always being raised and skill levels are always improving.

If anyone ever wants honest criticism, I'll be willing to share mine, but that person has to be willing to accept it openly and not get defensive, which is why many people aren't honest with comments. Also, some comments might be more welcomed if they are one on one with that person and not given in public view.

Anyways, I think I have probably gotten side tracked enough now that I should stop typing.
Feel free to PM me about my comments on any work.

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:02 am   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:
The night is still young though.

Quote:
What? you're not popular, so that wouldn't work!

True, but I used to be a regular and semi-popular..............or atleast that's what I told myself Confused

lol I'm just joking around with ya! Wink I would have no place to say that your not popular, you've been around this site 2 years longer than I have! Smile

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:10 am   Reply with quote         

Hey Beetle, will you JUST PLEASE ADDRESS ME PERSONALLY?

I'm NOT TALKING ABOUT how many posts it took to put your "name" on the map. You and your aliases are on it, okay? Nobody's disputing you're rep. (Well, actually, quite a few may but whatever.)

Do you remain ignorant of what I'm pointing out re: today's contest?

anfa

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:32 am   Reply with quote         

jefflang007 - I thought us Poms where supposed to do the whinging! Wink

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:44 am   Reply with quote         

I'm not whining, Moon Man so stay out of it, okay???? Very Happy

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:45 am   Reply with quote         

lol, Pile on fight.........

jefflang007

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:41 am   Reply with quote         

me whinging.......hmm i may have to defect your car. i do that to all the popular people.

http://www.langmark.com
wendysmurfie

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:06 am   Reply with quote         

votes.... wins... vieuws... i don't get why people start about that over and over again. i just registered 2 weeks ago and already seen about 6 topics on getting votes and discussions about friendly voting etc.
I created a topic about GIVING votes cause i didn't like the fact i couldn't give them... Confused
Is it just me or what? I came here only to have fun and learn something and i thought that that would be the reason for most people here Confused

Sometimes i wonder what is so important about the voting thing? You can't win anything... cant get rich by winning first price. I'm more happy with a comment saying what i've done wrong/right or can improve then with a vote saying: (no comment)! Laughing

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:22 am   Reply with quote         

oh, and i vote as late as possible so i first can vieuw all entry's sometimes a couple of times. Only the ones i am realy sure about being in my top 25 will get a vote before that.
Most of the time if it's about 7:00 i will go to the contest of 2 days before and give my top 25 the votes. Works fine for me, i always get to see all entry's of the contest.
But.... i have to much time, not everybody can go browse through them all one at a time, vote and create something for themself at one day. Wink

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:17 pm   Reply with quote         

wendysmurfie wrote:
You can't win anything... cant get rich by winning first place.

WHAT!? I'm not going to win a million dollars if I get 10 winning chops?! But Feral said......
Shocked

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
You can't win anything

Well folks, it has been fun but, in light of this new information i am afraid i have no choice but to move on. My family was resting in the hope that one day i would score that big win and now, i cant bear to face them. Don't bother tring to stop me oh!, and wendy please wait until all the blood has flowed from my wrists before you vote on the pattern it makes as it spreads on the bathroom floor.....its only fair!

farewell.

Ps. blue you get my posts. marco please see that my old chops are taken care of and finally nancers please have my views, i wont need them where i'm going.

http://www.langmark.com

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - your view, literally! - Reply to topic