Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Photorealistic painting - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

FootFungas

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Take 2
smoothed with pen
fixed wheel
image on page 1

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
Shocked thats incredible.
thats what im shooting at being able to do
itll take a ton of practice

Question Why does ford use painting instead of photos?

It's cheaper than the tons of money they spend on photo shoots.

Didn't mean to steal your thunder Foot. Just wanted to show an example of real world photo realistic painting used in advertising. You did a fine job on yours.

Cheers,
Jerry

FootFungas

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:14 pm   Reply with quote         

no. thanks for showing that.
so you do that without any sources
Shocked

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Freebirth wrote:
Jerry... That is really amazing. My biggest "wow" is how did you do the tires and headlights?

A lot of it is traced. I am more of an image mechanic than I m an artist. I have 20+ years of experience at this but my real expertice is in color work. (reproduction)

jerry717

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:17 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
no. thanks for showing that.
so you do that without any sources
Shocked

Oh yes there are many sources. It actually starts as wire frames from the engineers. It has to be done that way for legal reasons to be product correct.

Jerry

Trann

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Holy schnikey. I give up.

I may never match that quality either, but I find it fun to try to improve.

I was tinkering with doing this and, besides the use of paths (as was already mentioned), I found that rather than painting the shadow/gloss effects by hand, it was a smoother, more realistic look if I created a path and used a very broad anti-aliased burn/dodge tool at 20% or so, working towards the hard edge.

Might as well put my money where my mouth is and show the middle portion I was tinkering with...

I'm may try the headlamps with a Trosley-style effect I learned from reading CARtoons, oh so many years ago. Cool

Serps

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Dam Jerry thats great, just think what you can do when you move on from MS Paint Very Happy

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:28 pm   Reply with quote         

hey, I used to draw some awesome stuff in MS paint way back before I had photoshop. unfortunately, I lost all those with the computer they were on...Dammit, now I have to go and try this out... Laughing

Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok! Presenting, the first ever car I have ever seriously worked on in photoshop. This is ALL Photoshop. I did not cut pieces from the source, I drew it all with paintbrush, and used burn, dodge, sponge, smudge and blur. I also had a ton of layers. Repeat, this is ALL original work. If you don't believe me, I have the PSD. What do you guys think? I impressed myself, I didn't think it would turn out this well, considering I have almost no experience drawing entire photorealistics pictures like this in photoshop. I've been working on this sucker all week, probably 20 hours tops.

And I didn't use paths or quick mask or anything. I didn't work in separate channels, either. Not because I think I don't need them, but because I really don't know how to use them. Embarassed

HERE'S THE REAL ONE:

HERE IS MINE:

MORPH FROM ORIGINAL TO MINE:

Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:52 pm   Reply with quote         

just having fun in photoshop with my house,

Hallcross Toots

Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Mason...that's niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice...

Very impressive.

Twisted Evil

Post Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:00 am   Reply with quote         

And here is how it would look if I had one. well, multiple ones.

Post Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:21 am   Reply with quote         

nice one, mason

Post Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:27 pm   Reply with quote         

hey, FootFungas, how much time did you spend on yours? It definately helps to dedicate 4 hours max each day for 5 days working on it! Laughing Anyways, if anyone attempts to draw a car, I found that tracing a part of the car that is geometric (where there are creases and sudden changes of lighting) and painting just that part until it looks right superimposed over the original works really well. Even if the next peice you do doesn't totally match the color of the last piece, you can easily fix that with the color manipulating tools. I hope more people try this out, I learned a lot from it, and its just fun. Plus, its awesome to have someone look at it and they say "yeah? so what?" and you say "I drew that, dude!" And they're like all "No waaaaay! Duuuuuuuuuuude!"
Laughing

Post Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Fantastic job Mason! I think you and FF should hit up Jerry as a mentor and keep at this. After all he'll retire one day and then somebody will need to do his job! Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Photorealistic painting - Reply to topic