Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - In Memory - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

seamusoisin

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:53 am   Reply with quote         

Deepest sympathy on your tremendous lost. Never met or spoke with Pat but for some reason his goodness has touched me deeply, Amazing in this digital age that a person's personality is transmitted so vivdly an touches so many. Agree with Rey on Pat's comments.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
rashdog
Site Moderator

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:54 am   Reply with quote         

My deepest sympathies to you and your family, Patre and tom.

DLowrie

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:02 am   Reply with quote         

I'm so sorry, best wishes to your family.

Cynn

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:27 am   Reply with quote         

I'm so very sorry to hear this. Love and prayers to you and your family.

I drew this candle ages ago as a possible PSC smiley. It feels appropriate to use it now.

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:49 am   Reply with quote         

My condolences to you, Patre and families.

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

i'm so sorry, Patre. God bless you and your family.

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

Our condolences to you patre, and to your family.

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:21 am   Reply with quote         

My deepest sympathies Patre and tom to you and all your family.
clantoncs

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:45 am   Reply with quote         

My deepest condolences to the both of you. I won't try to offer some sort of cheezy inspirational talk-- you'll find that when you need it, I suppose.
I will say, however, that your sadness and loss is being shared all around the world. From the Netherlands to America to France to Australia to here in China, people are recognizing and empathizing with your loss. The internet is usually a crude and heartless domain, but the support given here is closer to a small closely-knit community. It is one place on the internet where people relate to each other as friends and relations, not just avatars and screen names.
It would be silly for me to say that you should seek social support only here on the internet. But it is obvious that you can. Even though you only know us as our avatars, our silly screen names, our ridiculous chops, and maybe some information about where we are-- I think it is obvious that we will do whatever we can to help you share your pain.

I hate that I can only send my condolences over an internet message board. I also know that sometimes you just need to talk. Though it's not my right to say this, I'm sure it's true: If you ever need to post anything to us, your anonymous, international, internet buddies, here is the place to do it. We will listen and we will empathize.
We're right there with you, even if you only know us by our screen names.

-chris clanton

Patre

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:50 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks to all for every kind word and thought. As I mentioned to someone in a PM, I am
so sad now that I think I could cry forever. Every message of consolation helps to ease the pain. Many thanks...
Pat(Patre)

GooFY

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
(Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!
Mary Frye (1932)

nyxxie

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Patre I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences... Sad

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:02 pm   Reply with quote         

May the memories held deep within your heart help to sooth your spirit in this difficult time.

Sorry to hear of your loss. You will be in everyones thoughts and prayers.

cafn8d

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad HugCrying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Cynn

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I've always loved this poem. It's attributed to David Romano.

When tomorrow starts without me,
and I'm not there to see,
If the sun should rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me:

I wish you wouldn't cry
The way you did today,
While thinking of the many things,
We didn't get to say.

I know how much you love me,
As much as I love you,
And each time that you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too:

But when tomorrow starts without me,
Please try to understand,
That an angel came and called my name,
And took me by the hand.

And said my place was ready,
In heaven far above,
And that I'd have to leave behind
All those I dearly love.

But as I turned to walk away,
A tear fell from my eye
For all my life, I'd always thought,
I didn't want to die.

I had so much to live for,
So much left yet to do,
It seemed almost impossible,
That I was leaving you.

I thought of all the yesterdays,
The good ones and the bad,
I thought of all the love we shared,
And all the fun we had.

If I could relive yesterday,
Just even for a while,
I'd say good-bye and kiss you
And maybe see you smile.

But then I fully realized,
That this could never be,
For emptiness and memories,
Would take the place of me.

And when I thought of worldly things,
I might miss come tomorrow,
I thought of you, and when I did,
My heart was filled with sorrow.

But when I walked through heaven's gates,
I felt so much at home.
When God looked down and smiled at me,
From His great golden throne,

He said, "This is eternity.
And all I've promised you.
Today your life on earth is past,
But here life starts anew.

I promise no tomorrow,
But today will always last,
And since each day's the same way
There's no longing for the past.

You have been so faithful,
So trusting and so true.
Though there were times you did some things
You knew you shouldn't do.

But you have been forgiven
And now at last you're free.
So won't you come and take my hand
And share my life with me?"

So when tomorrow starts without me,
Don't think we're far apart,
For every time you think of me,
I'm right here, in your heart.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - In Memory - Reply to topic