Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Photoshop Contest Head to Head Tournament: arcaico vs delucx - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

what did you think of these entries?

Nudity, including see through clothing has no business here, but the other picture is fine.

3%

3%

[ 1 ]

Violence in the murder scene is a little too graphhic for me, but the other picture is fine.

20%

20%

[ 6 ]

Both of these belong on adult sites, and not on psc.

6%

6%

[ 2 ]

you're crazy mere_artist!!! I don't have a problem with either one of these entries.

70%

70%

[ 21 ]

Total Votes: 30

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:11 pm   Reply with quote         

all things considered, I find neither offensive to me.

the main fact here though, is this thread so shouln't be up until voting closes, it could effect the outcome Shocked

ReyRey

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:18 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with reyrey

ReyRey

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:20 pm   Reply with quote         

I love threads like these.

ReyRey

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Oops, was that too violent?

Lrossa

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:21 pm   Reply with quote         

wait Rey isn't that picture offensive!1 he's got no face for pete's sake!! Razz

Showcase

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:22 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
BUT this should have waited until after the contest had run its course.
TofuTheGreat wrote:
But then again without this type of thread Showcase wouldn't have any ammunition to stir up trouble. Laughing

two facts I think we ALL do not dispute...

TofuTheGreat wrote:
That's what I refer to when stating that the mods and jmh should decide what's appropriate for the contest. A PM to any of the mods could've suffice (IMHO).

Its kind of tough at this point to say, "sorry, too much gore" or *gasp* "sorry, too much nipple simulation with a hint of camel toe". Its a big site-wide tourney and to knock one out at this stage of the game seems incredibly unfair.

Without defined guidlines, we will forever be able to argue things like this...and I for one...am grateful Very Happy

and stop being so humble. have an opinion and state it with conviction! Smile

arcaico

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
I love threads like these.

Oops, was that too violent?

no, but I can see his nipples... and that offended me!!!

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

clantoncs

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:
We've had other shit created here and real or not, its just as graphic...or more so even.

Clanwhatever, forget about the internet...you seen any tv lately? Gone to the movies? newspapers? magazines? listen to radio? Been to an art show? most of these can be quite "offensive" to someone for one reason or another. I suggest you closet yourself away somewhere secluded from all this becuase you're bound to get very, very upset.

Showwhatever. Thank you for the great life lesson. I had no idea life was rough, brutal and often nasty. It was well beyond my comprehension that television and other forms of media recreate violence -- and often graphically. I guess with that my opinion is totally changed.

I mean, come on, did you even read anything I wrote? Or did you just have a snap reaction that you tried to construct into a point? It has nothing to do with who finds what offensive. I could give fuck-all about that. I'll repeat my point, if that is a real person, whoever made it should feel like an asshole.

You see, showwhatever--I'll put it in the same explanative way you did-- on this Television and in other forms of media, there is often violence. Terrible, nasty violence. Most of the time, though this violence is not real. We can call it "fake". Sometimes there is real violence, though-- and this is usually "news", which is for information--not for votes in a contest.

Using real violence for entertainment or art died out after lynchings in the South, public hangings in the west, and the guillotine. Well, there was that one b-movie about a decade ago about the crazy artist who created his works from the flesh of his victims (ooooh, creepy). But that was a movie, and it sucked.

The point is when people suffer--real suffering, not "fake" suffering--it doesn't matter who is offended by it. If someone takes that suffering and tries to craft it into a meaningless tool for entertainment or shock value, it makes that person an asshole (uh the person turning it into a piece of entertainment, not the victim). The point is not whether it offends little Vunt Jr. or not, but that it exploits someone else's very real pain for some (comparatively) meaningless competition.

-Chris

Showcase

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:07 pm   Reply with quote         

first of all...
clantoncs wrote:
showwhatever

BUZZZZZZZZ! cant do that. not as funny as when I said the "whatever" thing first. Try Showsomething maybe.

now...let me break it down for you...
clantoncs wrote:
Showwhatever. Thank you for the great life lesson. I had no idea life was rough, brutal and often nasty. It was well beyond my comprehension that television and other forms of media recreate violence -- and often graphically. I guess with that my opinion is totally changed.

this was the part I thought was pretty good. sarcastic...in sort of a hurtful way...(cept for the "whatever" thing. get your own gig")

clantoncs wrote:
I mean, come on, did you even read anything I wrote? Or did you just have a snap reaction that you tried to construct into a point?

fairly accurate.

clantoncs wrote:
It has nothing to do with who finds what offensive. I could give fuck-all about that. I'll repeat my point, if that is a real person, whoever made it should feel like an asshole.

This is where it starts to go down hill...
Perhaps whomever made that particular chop has experienced some great injustice in their lives much like you with your uncle. Maybe this is the way they have found to deal with it. Maybe what that image says to many of us is not that the creator is some sort of insensitive prick but that violence, real violence, is a real and ugly thing and maybe, just maybe, it makes us more sensitive to the results of real and ugly violence...and that is it...not such a bad thing if you look at it like that. I dont know...Im speculating here...trying to construct a point...

clantoncs wrote:
...not for votes in a contest.

Don't kid yourself. Real or fake, violence in the media is done for one reason and only one...votes in a contest...boosting the bottom line.

clantoncs wrote:
Using real violence for entertainment or art died out after lynchings in the South, public hangings in the west, and the guillotine

dont forget those Faces of Death movies...and what about the WWF?

clantoncs wrote:
The point is when people suffer--real suffering, not "fake" suffering--it doesn't matter who is offended by it. If someone takes that suffering and tries to craft it into a meaningless tool for entertainment or shock value, it makes that person an asshole (uh the person turning it into a piece of entertainment, not the victim). The point is not whether it offends little Vunt Jr. or not, but that it exploits someone else's very real pain for some (comparatively) meaningless competition. -Chris

*deep breath*
...and in conclusion...
You've really gone over the edge on this one, Chris. Its an image portraying a very graphic, violent scene. It is not promoting violence...it wasnt done to cause suffering...it was a fun contest to create an image with enough impact to get votes.

This member did not seach for "suffering" so that it could be crafted into a tool for entertainment and shock value. Get it into perspective man.

TheShaman

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:31 pm   Reply with quote         

it wasnt PS'd but from what I gather there at houseofhorrors (where the pict is from) its from a movie... but atleast you all can see.. it was fake violence & not real... so lets move on shall we?
http://www.houseofhorrors.com/crypt/images/gun%20shot%20to%20head.jpg

http://www.houseofhorrors.com

one thing is for sure, it made people think... and isnt that what art is supposed to do? make you think? stir emotion?
my 2˘

ReyRey

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks Shaman. By the way,
I agree with reyrey Exclamation

arcaico

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:44 pm   Reply with quote         

ok, now that we´re done with the brains, let´s deal with the nipples... any volunteer to seek for the sources???

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with Lrossa and Showcase, and whoever else is right...as for my opinion, I too thought that the chop with the gun to the guy's head is graphic, but thats obvious. However, the reason I don't have a problem with either entry is that they are considered "art," and art is always acceptable, right? Wink

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:05 pm   Reply with quote         

I must add that the faces of death videos where mostly faked. I personally dont mind either of the images but i have to ask, when does nudity become allowed and not allowed. I find nudity in art adds more to the feeling of the image, I use nudity alot in my images and my kids, parents and partner dont find them offencive at all. In fact my mum has one or two framed and hanging on the wall for all to see. Is it sexual organs that people find offencive, where do you draw the line.

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:16 pm   Reply with quote         

The gun one was a bit shocking (this coming from the guy that chopped a rat into a kid's mouth, and a knife into his chest).

I don't think either should be pulled though.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Photoshop Contest Head to Head Tournament: arcaico vs delucx - Reply to topic