Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - HELP!!!! Challenge to All!! Mother's Day Present!!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri May 12, 2006 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
If ya havent given up yet there.
You could contact through PM the person 'jmh132'.
get him to allow you to purchase a year of "advantage" at this site for around $30,
and offer that as a prize to the person who does the best restoration for you--it can be a prize, in a little contest.
I'll play.

Confused Still think that'd be too low. But then again I haven't really looked into the cost of photo restoration so I don't know. Anyone else know what this would cost in the area where they live?

Edit: I just called the only place listed in the local yellow pages (www.winterspringstudios.com btw). I described what's wrong with the picture as best I could. He says his current rate is $35/hour. Obviously he'd have to see the picture to estimate the time needed to fix it. But basically, in my area at least, this would be probably at least a $100+ job (based on how long it took me to do what I did).

Queen La Tiff

Post Fri May 12, 2006 5:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah, around here you'd be lucky to get someone to take it on for less than $50/hour, and even a real pro would take at least two hours on that one.

Post Fri May 12, 2006 6:11 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm no professional, but I'd probably do it for about $75, but seeing how it is rushed I would think maybe a little more than that.

but the moustaches are gonna be tough to get off there.

If you send me a really nice PM I might do it cheap for you............you never know.
You just gotta ask very very very nicely......but I won't do it for free .........sorry

j58roldan

Post Fri May 12, 2006 7:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Beautiful Job volkswes! Very Happy

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Fri May 12, 2006 9:29 pm   Reply with quote         

You know, I have been extremely busy IRL lately and haven't been reading up on forum as much as I should, but I have to agree with the general consensus of this thread....

As far as I can see, you've never posted in a contest here, so I can only assume that you "became a member" to suck talented people dry so your mommy loves you.

I would discourage all members here to do anything to that picture other than to make the rest of us "real" members laugh. Just my 2 cents.

(And Cynn, your comment was primo - HAH!)

Post Fri May 12, 2006 10:29 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
GOD I LOVE THIS!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

anfa

Post Fri May 12, 2006 10:49 pm   Reply with quote         

[/img]

Paul Von Stetina

Post Fri May 12, 2006 11:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok ya'll, I know for a fact that this work cost between $50 -$100 per/hr, some pictures can go into the $1000's, and we all know how the hours slip by when we're working on pictures, after downloading this giant 21 gig billboard, I could see that it would take at least 5 -8 hours to do this job, and to really get it right you could spend another few hours to boot, the question here is, how much do you love your mother? Now me? I would do anything for mama, that is "my mama", someone elses mama? that I don't even know? Come on, PSC already has me burned out, I found that my art has really suffered because I don't even want mess with it after chopping contest shots for a few votes, so all I'm saying is sorry, Crying or Very sad I can't help you dude, as much as I would like to Confused Tofu, I see you allready got some time in on that pic, I know you have at least an hour so far.

Post Fri May 12, 2006 11:02 pm   Reply with quote         

hahahaaaaaaa @ anfa

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Sat May 13, 2006 7:05 am   Reply with quote         

See? Anfa "gets it!" Laughing

Post Sat May 13, 2006 7:51 am   Reply with quote         

FootFungas

Post Sat May 13, 2006 8:37 am   Reply with quote         

Id do it for Cheap.
Cause i dont have a job.
and i have lots of time

Post Sat May 13, 2006 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

I don't know if this is a trustworthy deal. I emailed "bertsdvds@gmail.com" and had an exchange with the person. I sent the small version of the restore that I did. This is part of the email exchange (newest response at the top). Seems to me that he's still trying to get something for nothing.

Did anyone else from here send a fixed version similar in size to mine? Wink

Quote:
On 5/12/06, Ve Nom <bertsdvds@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the info....I need to take a photoshop class cuz this stuff is starting to make me interested...lol Someone sent me a good copy that they fixed up but the picture is about the same size that you sent me which is kinda small...how would I enlarge the picture without destorting it?

On 5/12/06, Christopher Swearingen <tofuthegreat@gmail.com > wrote:

I've attached the picture. The first time I just pasted it into the message so it may not have come over correctly. It's just a small version and not complete by any means. I'm by no means an expert but I have learned a couple things since joining PSC.

Many of the "pros" at PSC would gladly work on it for fair compensation but I just don't think there's enough have the time to do it in time for you to give it as a Mother's Day gift. I personally probably can't get it done in time.

I called a local shop in my area that advertises for photo restoration (http://www.winterspringstudios.com/ ). Their rate is $35 an hour. Another member at PSC said the going rate in her area is $50 and hour and some places $75 an hour. In my non-professional opinion there's at least 2 hours of work and probably 3. The more time the better the job would turn out.

You might contact WinterSprings and have them at least look at the photo for an estimate. You could also check with the PSC members that mentioned they'd do it.

Good Luck!

On 5/12/06, Ve Nom <bertsdvds@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the e-mail man I will definatly have to do that...how much do people normally charge? The picture you sent wouldn't show in the e-mail and you send it as a attachment? How much would you charge to fix it? Thanks and let me know

Post Sat May 13, 2006 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I worked on it some but decided to stop, cause I knew it was gonna be pointless.I might work on it more later anyway just to add to my webpage later.
I didn't email anything though. Who ever it is probably posted the same thing on several sites........would be surprised.

Post Sat May 13, 2006 12:03 pm   Reply with quote         

oops

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - HELP!!!! Challenge to All!! Mother's Day Present!!!! - Reply to topic