Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Canuck Fish's website is finally up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Canuck <º)))><

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, now you can all see the reason I haven't been chopping for a while.

www.proofthatgodexists.org

or

www.christianityfordummies.com

I've had the pleasure of meeting some of you in chat, and I've met some of you in chat as well Very Happy
With the many varied worldviews I've run into here, I'm sure I will get some interesting feedback from the site. I would only ask for constructive criticism, but in this place, that would be asking for it.

I'm gonna relax for a bit now, but I hope to be back chopping soon.

All the best, and...Enjoy!

Sye

ReinMan

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:00 am   Reply with quote         

Okay - you've been away for HOW long to build this?

Shocked

Oh, and YES you WILL get some interesting feedback on this IF your thread lasts more than a 1/2 day here.

YAY DORCHESTER!!!!

(though personally I'm a Dunnville man! Wink)

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:16 am   Reply with quote         

"Only in a universe governed by God can universal, immaterial, unchanging laws exist. Only in a universe governed by God can rational thinking be possible. We use rational thinking to prove things. "

And this was proved... where? If your premises are false (or at least unproven) than your conclusion is false (or at least unproven).

"You use the universal, immaterial, unchanging laws of logic, mathematics, science, and absolute morality in order to come to rational decisions, but you cannot account for them. These laws are not the only ways God has revealed himself to you, but they are sufficient to show the irrationality of your thinking, and expose your guilt for denying Him."

So you're saying that

A: There are universal laws.
B: There must be some cause or creater for these laws.

So C: There is a creator... namely god.

But let's change that up.

A: There is a God.
B: He has always been and will always be. He was without cause.

So C: Things can exist without cause.

So we end up with.

B: There need not be a reason or cause for them.

C: There need not be a God.

The premise that a God necessarily exists because universal laws exist defeats itself. It neither proves or disproves anything.

And the tone you take in that website makes you sound like a real jackass. I don't think you'll convert anyone with that garbage...

ReinMan

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:28 am   Reply with quote         

Clown Whom Is Dead does have a couple points there.

I have found myself MUCH more inspired by people who show and live what they believe, versus TALK and QUOTE about it.

And an FYI from a dude who's got some grey hair: the MIND is nasty thing to go searching for God with... in my experience anyway.

Huh..

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:24 am   Reply with quote         

Reindude's got ghey hair...??? Shocked

I'm jealous

couldb5150

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:05 am   Reply with quote         

What an absolute waste of MY time....hey all you insomniacs ....check out this site... its for sure gonna put ya to sleep........... ridiculous , worthless and meaningless verbal babble always has that effect on me!!!....

File this one in the "Get a Life" category!

GOD I HATE PEOPLE THAT WASTE MY TIME!!!!!!

SOMEONES GOTTA YANK THIS THREAD ....AND SOON !!!!

Canuck <º)))><

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:35 am   Reply with quote         

Death of a Clown wrote:

So you're saying that

B: There must be some cause or creater for these laws.

So C: There is a creator... namely god.

But let's change that up.

A: There is a God.
B: He has always been and will always be. He was without cause.

So C: Things can exist without cause.

So we end up with.

B: There need not be a reason or cause for them.

C: There need not be a God.

Actually Doac, it is not a causality argument. The argument is that you can only make sense even of causality if God exists.

So, your explanation for universal laws then is that since God did not require a cause, then universal laws do not require a cause? I guess that means you believe in God then?

Gort

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:56 am   Reply with quote         

People who think they know all the answers...don't even understand the questions.

Canuck <º)))><

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:11 am   Reply with quote         

Gort wrote:
People who think they know all the answers...don't even understand the questions.

Is this something you are claiming to know as universally true?

ReinMan

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:51 am   Reply with quote         

The best way to limit the ability to learn ANYTHING is to say you know SOMETHING.

I appreciate you trying to help God out, Mr. Fish, but I gotta tell you that after YEARS of dealing with the BIG ONE (S)He doesn't need any help/PR work.

Trying to convince people to "believe" or "know" God usually works against what the convincer is trying to do.

Behave towards others in a Godlike, Divine, Compassionate, Wise, etc. manor and those around you will have no choice but to see the divine. But try and talk about it, ram it down their throats, be witty/sneaky about it and the same people will get pissed off and think "ah, there goes another good example of why I don't believe in a Higher Source!"

I don't know this to be ULTIMATELY true, but its been my experience over the last few decades of working in this area.

There is an old saying that I love: "Its okay if you don't believe in God. (S)He believes in you!"

Okay - now I'll stop doing what I'm saying "don't do".

Have a nice day, y'all!

--ReinMan > Gone Fishing--

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

Hahahahahaha! Laughing Laughing
Yeah! A little bit more and IT can be CLOSE to be deep & interesting! Rolling Eyes
I'm not surprise to see you doing a website like that Canuck. Wink

Gort

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:09 am   Reply with quote         

The only thing I KNOW is that I don't know, and I'm comfortable with that. I have certain beliefs that I WANT to be true, but that doesn't mean they are.

Is there life after death? Is there a God or Gods? I don't know, you don't know, the Pope doesn't know. The only way you will know is when you die. So, please just say that you have a "system of beliefs" that you hold to. But don't act like you KNOW....'cause you don't.

Now go read again what ReinMan wrote...those ARE words to live by.

dewking

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:21 am   Reply with quote         

I believe in ReinMan...

(and agree with his message)

Not to mention a big "HAR" at him for "Okay - you've been away for HOW long to build this? "

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.
Canuck <º)))><

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
The best way to limit the ability to learn ANYTHING is to say you know SOMETHING.

Trying to convince people to "believe" or "know" God usually works against what the convincer is trying to do.

And how do you know that the best way to limit the ability to learn anything is to say you know something, or do you even know this? Very Happy

I appreciate your comments ReinMan, but I believe that you are missing the point. I am not trying to convince ANYBODY to "believe" or "know" God. People who get to the "about this site" page will realize that.

I was not planning to open the debate here, just letting you know my site was up. Smile

Canuck <º)))><

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:52 am   Reply with quote         

Gort wrote:

Is there life after death? Is there a God or Gods? I don't know, you don't know, the Pope doesn't know. The only way you will know is when you die. So, please just say that you have a "system of beliefs" that you hold to. But don't act like you KNOW....'cause you don't.

Do you KNOW that I don't know? Do you KNOW that you will know when you die?

You make claims too. Mine can account for reason however.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Canuck Fish's website is finally up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.