Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Canuck Fish's website is finally up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:23 am   Reply with quote         

I applaud your bravery for posting your site in the forums and I'm saddened by the harsh response from people. I haven't gone to your site yet but I'm sure I will (I'm at work right now).

It's funny that non-believers want us believers to be kind, compassionate, non-abrasive and yet they expect to get a free pass to be just the opposite. They expect to be allowed to express their disbelief in God and yet want to quell our ability to praise Him. Very sad in my viewpoint.

To be clear I respect the right and ability of every person on the planet to choose not to believe in God. Believe or not as you see fit. I will not ridicule you for not believing. Is it too much to expect the same respect in return? Putting forth a belief is not the same as forcing it on you. That I will concede. Some take it too far and that is unfortunate. If beliefs are presented and you reject them then that's as far as I feel it needs to go. This goes both ways. You don't bash and I don't push.

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:31 am   Reply with quote         

nicely said, Tofu

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:33 am   Reply with quote         

PAGANS ROCK

Hallcross Toots
Canuck <º)))><

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
PAGANS ROCK

It is as hot there as Ayer's rock? (I mean Uluru) Very Happy

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
Death of a Clown wrote:

So you're saying that

A: There are universal laws.
B: There must be some cause or creater for these laws.

So C: There is a creator... namely god.

But let's change that up.

A: There is a God.
B: He has always been and will always be. He was without cause.

So C: Things can exist without cause.

So we end up with.

A: There are universal laws.
B: There need not be a reason or cause for them.

C: There need not be a God.

Actually Doac, it is not a causality argument. The argument is that you can only make sense even of causality if God exists.

So, your explanation for universal laws then is that since God did not require a cause, then universal laws do not require a cause? I guess that means you believe in God then?

And as I said before... that premise is unproven, making your argument useless. Even if that argument does work (which it DOESN'T) it wouldn't prove the existence of a Christian god.

But don't worry. Take a basic philosophy class, and they'll give you some proofs that philosophers have tried to come up with over the years. Just hold your ears and sing lalalala when they offer up the criticism of those proofs and the counter proofs.

There doesn't exist a logical proof or disproof for God, Christian or otherwise. Stick to faith... at least that can't be argued against.

And no, my prior argument doesn't mean I believe in God. It just shows how self-defeating trying to prove he exists is.

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:21 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
I applaud your bravery for posting your site in the forums and I'm saddened by the harsh response from people. I haven't gone to your site yet but I'm sure I will (I'm at work right now).

It's funny that non-believers want us believers to be kind, compassionate, non-abrasive and yet they expect to get a free pass to be just the opposite. They expect to be allowed to express their disbelief in God and yet want to quell our ability to praise Him. Very sad in my viewpoint.

To be clear I respect the right and ability of every person on the planet to choose not to believe in God. Believe or not as you see fit. I will not ridicule you for not believing. Is it too much to expect the same respect in return? Putting forth a belief is not the same as forcing it on you. That I will concede. Some take it too far and that is unfortunate. If beliefs are presented and you reject them then that's as far as I feel it needs to go. This goes both ways. You don't bash and I don't push.

Read his website...

And maybe you'll understand the "harsh" response.

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:24 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
I applaud your bravery for posting your site in the forums and I'm saddened by the harsh response from people.

Oups! I hope I was respectable.
It was humor!
What!... I mean the way the site is built... it is funny... no!?
Smile

Canuck <º)))><

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Death of a Clown wrote:

And as I said before... that premise is unproven, making your argument useless. Even if that argument does work (which it DOESN'T) it wouldn't prove the existence of a Christian god.

But don't worry. Take a basic philosophy class, and they'll give you some proofs that philosophers have tried to come up with over the years. Just hold your ears and sing lalalala when they offer up the criticism of those proofs and the counter proofs.

There doesn't exist a logical proof or disproof for God, Christian or otherwise. Stick to faith... at least that can't be argued against.

And no, my prior argument doesn't mean I believe in God. It just shows how self-defeating trying to prove he exists is.

On what authority do you make the claim that "the premise is unproven?"

Just because you disagree with a proof does not make it unproven. If a doctor proved that you had diabetes and you denied it, would that make his proof any less true? As I said, I offer proof, not persuasion.

Do you know that "There doesn't exist a logical proof or disproof for God?" Do you know that "Faith can't be argued against." You make knowledge claims as well, but mine can account for rationality.

You are obviously trying to have a logical discussion with me. Tell me, what is your justification for the laws of logic?

...and respectfully DOaC, methinks thou dost protest too much.

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm a believer and I think your site is a real blessing! ~ amen. Cool
As to some harsh reactions,.. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1 : 18 Wink

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:55 pm   Reply with quote         

I am stuck between believing IN God and believing that I AM God. I'm pretty sure I don't get to know which is right until I die, if then. Maybe both are true. That thing about the kingdom of Heaven being smaller than a mustard seed...well if that's not Jesus talking physics, then I missed the point. I think if God is some kind of outside entity, He or She is probably okay with my tiny brain being confused. I know that it's possible to argue any side of an argument...and I know that if we don't understand our (perceived) enemy's position, we can never fully comprehend our own. And I know that if a particle can be in more than one place at one time...well, let's not bring physics into it.

Bottom line for me is that Canuck seems like a nice enough fellow, and what the heck is wrong with more information? Think of it as a post you don't have to vote for.

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
Death of a Clown wrote:

On what authority do you make the claim that "the premise is unproven?"

Just because you disagree with a proof does not make it unproven. If a doctor proved that you had diabetes and you denied it, would that make his proof any less true? As I said, I offer proof, not persuasion.

Do you know that "There doesn't exist a logical proof or disproof for God?" Do you know that "Faith can't be argued against." You make knowledge claims as well, but mine can account for rationality.

You are obviously trying to have a logical discussion with me. Tell me, what is your justification for the laws of logic?

...and respectfully DOaC, methinks thou dost protest too much.

Like a ostrich with his head in a hole, aren't you? It has nothing to do with my opinions, and everything to do with your missing proofs. You have an UNPROVEN premise inside your argument. If your premises aren't solid how can your conclusion be?

Read this website for some real insight: http://www.venganza.org/index.htm

You soul can still be saved. Submit to his noodly appendages before it's too late!

Hehe, I'm done with you. Have fun with your little mission.

anfa

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:23 pm   Reply with quote         

RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY IS NOT THE TRUTH!

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Death of a Clown wrote:
Read his website...

And maybe you'll understand the "harsh" response.

Will do. No worries on my end. As I said you're completely free to believe what you want just as much as I am. Smile

Mea culpa if I offended by you DoaC. You are right. I should have looked at the site before interpreting your statements.

But I still stand by my observation of the double-standard believers are subjected to. I deal with it everyday at work.

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:45 pm   Reply with quote         

I believe in God, but I don't have the attention span to read past the first page or so.

I am not gonna critique the subject matter, but the site design doesn't do it for me.
I suggest breaking up the text a bit. throw in some simple dividers or something to break up the text where it doesn't look so long, and you'll do better with the ADD people. Wink
maybe some simple little pictures or music to enjoy while reading.
The color scheme is not my favorite either. Maybe more pleasing colors or using a background image and having the text in a frame.....just suggestions. Smile

No offense to you Fishman, and good luck with your site.

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:48 pm   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:
I believe in God, but I don't have the attention span to read past the first page or so.

I am not gonna critique the subject matter, but the site design doesn't do it for me.
I suggest breaking up the text a bit. throw in some simple dividers or something to break up the text where it doesn't look so long, and you'll do better with the ADD people. Wink
maybe some simple little pictures or music to enjoy while reading.
The color scheme is not my favorite either. Maybe more pleasing colors or using a background image and having the text in a frame.....just suggestions. Smile

No offense to you Fishman, and good luck with your site.

NOOOOO no music (at least not automatically playing)! Ugh.. That's, in my opinion, one of the WORST things a web designer can inflict upon a visitor.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Canuck Fish's website is finally up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.