Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Canuck Fish's website is finally up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:31 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Quote:
ScionShade Posted: 10 Jun 2006 01:15 pm Post subject:
Speaking for myself, I wish you'd all shut up,
including Reinman.

So it is written so it is said......

Laughing

mikey

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Let's talk about the pen tool" Laughing

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:03 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Speaking for myself, I wish you'd all shut up,
including Reinman.

WHA?!? Scion - I gave you LIFE! I brought you into this stinking hell-hole of a planet and I breathed EXCITEMENT and Some Beers into your otherwise PALLAD EXISTANCE!!!

THIS.... THIS is how you repay me?!

I shall have to go write a rather nasty song about you and that strange mutant boy down the street now. YOU'LL BE SORRY YOU DISS'D ME YOU BASTARD!!!!!

-------------------------------------
*shuts the fu*ck up*
-------------------------------------

splodge

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:23 pm   Reply with quote         

How did this turn into a theological debate?????????????????????????????
Oh yea Embarassed

Hallcross Toots
Canuck <º)))><

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
THIS IS A PHOTOSHOP SITE. JUST A REMINDER

When was the last time you or Feral reminded anyone that this is a photoshopping site?

The thread was started by my stating why I had not been here in a while. No theology was discussed. If people want to voice there opinion about the content of the site (without checking it no doubt) I cannot help that.

As far as the vitriol being spewed against me, that comes with the territory. Some people hate the truth and will fight it with whatever means possible. I do not hold it against them. I would prefer honesty (i.e. - show me where I have tried to convert anybody) to unsubstantiated accusations, but I am not holding my breath

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
ReinMan wrote:
THIS IS A PHOTOSHOP SITE. JUST A REMINDER

When was the last time you or Feral reminded anyone that this is a photoshopping site?

Just a few moments ago, actually! Very Happy

Canuck <º)))><

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Just a reminder Wink

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:

Now for all of you paying attention out there note there has not been a response and will not be a response to these questions.

1. How do you account universal, immaterial unchanging laws in a universe without God?
2. What is your justification for the laws of logic in a universe without God?
3. What is your justification for induction in a universe without God.

Pay close attention. These questions will never be answered here.

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
"Canuck <º)))><
The thread was started by my stating why I had not been here in a while. No theology was discussed. If people want to voice there opinion about the content of the site (without checking it no doubt) I cannot help that.

I looked at the site...check the beginning of this whole mess.

Quote:
Some people hate the truth and will fight it with whatever means possible. I do not hold it against them.

Some people have different opinions as to what "truth" means. You sem to think that your version of the "truth" is the end-all-to-be-all. That's all. Stop quoting scriptures and asking rhetorical questions and just let it go.

Let...it...go.

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Jesus Titty Fucking Christ....the guy was just asking for feedback on the layout....not the content....he's entitled to believe any fucking thing he chooses....now if you'll excuse me I have a hooker with a line of coke on her ass that needs attending to......

Canuck <º)))><

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:59 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:

Some people have different opinions as to what "truth" means. You seem to think that your version of the "truth" is the end-all-to-be-all. That's all. Stop quoting scriptures and asking rhetorical questions and just let it go.

What does truth mean to you then? Truth by definition IS NOT ARBITRARY.

Where did I ask a rhetorical question?

Where have I quoted scripture? Please give the quote.

What are your responses to the questions in my above post?

I have no problem 'letting it go.' Please do not make UNSUBSTANTIATED allegations.
(again...not holding my breath).

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Rolling Eyes

Canuck <º)))><

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:22 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
...Ok, my LAST 2 cents...

Getting into a theological debate with people such as Canuck are pointless, really. There's only one point of view, one right way of thinking, and it's usually theirs. They don't want to open their mind and actually believe that OTHER PEOPLE do not subscribe to their same belief system... ... So what. I believe what I believe and NOBODY is going to change that...NOBODY. No matter how much they try. My mind is my own...most days.

'nuff said

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
You are among the minority who believe that Jesus never existed. Even non-Christians scholars grant the existence of Jesus. You do not mention the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Paul DID meet Jesus, on the road to Emmaus. (Acts chapter 9)

My mistake...wasn't a quote, but a suggestion that we should read Scipture...

In Buddhism we have relative truth and absolute truth.
Buddhism is a lifelong quest for the truth.

When everyone around you makes certain unspoken assumptions, it's hard to keep from making them yourself. That's one of the greatest problems we Buddhists have in western society.

The assumption I'm concerned about is "literal truth". People may argue over whether the Bible, the Talmud, the Koran, or even the Book of Mormon is literally true, but they all make the assumption that "literal truth" is possible.

I say it's not.

Look at the nature of language. A word, for instance "dog", is a pattern of air vibrations, ink on paper, electronic on-off signals or whatever, that 2 or more entities have agreed to use to represent something else.

Incidentally, since all this is needed before there can even be words, you can see how I might be a bit skeptical about "In the beginning was the word".

A dog has four legs and chases cats. The WORD "dog" has three letters and never changes. Since words don't act the same as the things or actions they represent, they can never represent them perfectly. Truth, as the Buddha said, is not expressed by words.

Fortunately, in Buddhism, the goal is not to memorize an accurate expression of truth, but rather to perceive reality. In Buddhist writings, truth is likened to "the finger pointing to the moon". The finger is NOT the moon. At best, when understood correctly, it is an aid in seeing the moon, but only if we're willing to turn away from the finger and look instead where it's pointing.

Of course, a finger pointing in the wrong direction wouldn't help us see the moon at all. I guess you could say that, even if "truth" doesn't exist in any absolute sense, falsehood does.

ReinMan

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Chicken wrote:
Jes*s Ti*ty Fu*king C**st....(etc.)..

At least we can all probably agree that Chicken is living proof there is a DEVIL and he has a Sharp Beak!!! Shocked Twisted Evil

Canuck <º)))><

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
Quote:
You are among the minority who believe that Jesus never existed. Even non-Christians scholars grant the existence of Jesus. You do not mention the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Paul DID meet Jesus, on the road to Emmaus. (Acts chapter 9)

My mistake...wasn't a quote, but a suggestion that we should read Scipture...

Where is the suggestion that you should read scripture? I only referenced my statement.

Where are the rhetorical questions you spoke of?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Canuck Fish's website is finally up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.