Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Arborist guy needs help! So let's play a game... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:11 am   Reply with quote         

Queen La Tiff wrote:
Just an FYI, I've not been keeping up with this post the past couple. As you may know, my web page/ business is Tiffco,Inc. So when I started trying to find an ebay name, that was taken for some reason, so I added "art" to it. So now it's like Tiffcoincart. Which is like "Tiffco in cart" rather than "Tiffco,Inc. art." You see? It's like, why is tiffco in the cart?

I didn't think about this until I saw it later. He might not want people saying "botanic cart? What's that?"

Or maybe I'm just putting my own issues on there.

Tiff

.... or Tiff Coin Cart.... Wink

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing What Azionite just said is what I thought it was. I thought it was sorta random, since you collect marbles and not coins as far as I know.

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:52 pm   Reply with quote         

OK, took the tree and added different font type/colors... meh...

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Nah, the other font is way better

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Kansas

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:

I like the top one Scion.. Looks classy....

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm jus' sayin' the layup can be played with..
and that bottom IMHO is gonna look fab freaking professional on the side of the truck...

ScionShade

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Anyone notice what a perv DP is? The guy put a subliminal
image there-- the tree roots going right-- a reclining nude chic.
BRILLIANT!

Queen La Tiff

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Ha ha, I do collect token coins, actually. I think the font change is great, and that logo looks awesome. Done right, anything can work. But I worry that it might be a bit too clever for stupid people. And stupid people need to take care of their trees the MOST, as it may be a lack of oxygen to the brain which is causing the stupidity, and trees can help with that. Or maybe it's too much time in the sun...and trees can help with that, too.

It's the sort of non-logo situations that might prove problematic here...like answering the phone "Botanicart, may I help you?" Or when someone's trying to remember the name they saw on the side of the truck, "What was that guy? Botany Cart? Something?"

I think I might have just thought that 'Arbor Barber' is pretty great. It gets the idea across, it rhymes, it's easy to remember. Have you tried the same logo with those words? He might actually like the look of that logo so much that he's willing to give up what is kind of a spot-on business name.

ScionShade

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:32 pm   Reply with quote         

I was thinking of a name...
Arbor Culture w/ the logo in between the words like that last chop.
stupid people do not pay to get their trees taken care of anyway.

Kansas

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Well if someone wouldn't mind using DP's logo and trying the Arbor Name under it... WE could take it out for a spin...and see what everyone thinks...

I think we lost DP a few pages back...

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:27 pm   Reply with quote         

OR

Cool

Kansas

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Hold the presses overwhelming response for Arbor barber....I've recieved serveral PM's and also enjoyed what queen said... I have a call into the guy right now.

He seems very trusting of us all...I told him I was dealing with some of the top professionals in the world! So you guys have this guys business riding on this discussion Shocked

I couldn't ask for a better bunch a people to learn from.. As quirky as you guys can get... this thread has taught me alot about bouncing this stuff off of an audience. Everyone has a different read to what's what...

Thanks people....I think I've always liked Arbor barber.. but Scion Scared me Confused lol

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Kansas wrote:
Well if someone wouldn't mind using DP's logo and trying the Arbor Name under it... WE could take it out for a spin...and see what everyone thinks...

I think we lost DP a few pages back...

Nah...i'm still lurking about...Oh...good eye Scion re: tree root... Twisted Evil

So...is it Arbor Barber then?

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:46 pm   Reply with quote         

good idea, Azi, but nix the barber pole as it should be vertical and I know you know that but it won't work horiz. The clean lines work best.

my now 5 cents Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Arborist guy needs help! So let's play a game... - Reply to topic