Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - A new topic to distract from an old topic - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

OK...so here's a question...suppose 3 of us end up with the same number of votes, all tied for second place...who determines who is actually in second place?

Question

kittie

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I do. Very Happy

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:59 pm   Reply with quote         

this will be a short thread.

The one who submitted his entry first will end up at second place

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:59 pm   Reply with quote         

With an avatar like that, kittie....I won't complain! Shocked

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:

No no no no...we have to keep at least one other thread at the top or else we'll all be distracted by the ongoing 9-pager in progress!

Confused

blue_lurker

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

You see it goes like this...first you have ta count all the pixels in each image...then you need to divide them into red green blue...then Reinman has to play a polka nude...yes thats nude...(Its ok the squeeze box covers all the dangly bits)...once the polka has finished you have ta check and see how many pixels statyed around to the end...and thats how you can tell its going to be a long summer...or who wins in a three way tie...works for both Razz

kittie

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

no, you check the time of day (has to be with an old sun dial) and then you have to match the number with the number of votes/comments divided by pi. cat.. bird... rollercoaster.

I think you all understand how this works.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:34 pm   Reply with quote         

So let me get this right then Kity...you do all of the above and then you play a polka naked with a very little squeeze box.... Twisted Evil

kittie

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:37 pm   Reply with quote         

no the polka's done by you and a mime.

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Then you twirl around 3 times and say...Booga Booga Booga

ScionShade

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
OK...so I spammed another thread 15 times.
I got issues with the topic of the thread and I am very upset that every time that i spammed it,
My spam sent it right back up to the most recently posted in topic spot.
Maybe if I make useless threads I can get THEM to the top and derail that other thread that I can't seem to stop myself from posting in, no matter how many times I am asked to leave if all I am going to do is spam it.

Question

kittie

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:53 pm   Reply with quote         

And get funky with the techno

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:58 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
Grefix wrote:

No no no no...we have to keep at least one other thread at the top or else we'll all be distracted by the ongoing 9-pager in progress!

Confused

You diodn't let me finish...

The one who enters first will end up second (from the second places).
The third one will have more chance to be the first, then the second one since the 3rd one probably will have a better image the the first and second one since he spend more time to his submission, resulting in a better image.

Then we got a problem, since the third one will be better, it's going to be likely his image will be better then the person who actually was first, so he (the first one) will probably not be the first one. The one with the first place will eventually become the one with the 4th place (or the third one from the second places). His image was actually preferred above the ones wich ended up 1st and 2nd at the sthe second places, so the those will become 3rd and fourth.

So in short;
Oringal line-up : 1 2 3 4
becomes 4 1 2 3

So to conlude: the one who ends last has won the contest, followed by the one with most votes

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:07 pm   Reply with quote         

You bring up a good point PD, I mean DP, what do they do if there is a 15 way tie with 8th place, do we all meet at Bennagins? or Burger King? And if we all meet at Pizza Hut, who picks up the tab? I mean what is a tie anyway, it's just a bunch of people that came in the same position for a brief moment in time, have you ever seen a bunch of people fight over a prize that did not exist? Just think about it, "hey that's mine!" "no it's not, give it here!" "What is it?" So we get back to the beginning, why are we here anyway? Have you seen the snails? I mean, why do they move so slow? Do you think they made that decision? Or did the animals that eat them do it so it would be easy to catch them, I think the snails really move fast, but we move faster, think about it. It's like when I was in school, when I was there I just wanted to be in bed, but now when I am in bed, I just want to sleep, and when I sleep, I dream about being in school, sleeping at my desk, dreaming about snails that move very fast while we all move slow thinking about who won the tie in a contest with no prize, so that brings us back to the beginning when we had no camera's, so we had to draw images on the cave walls, and cave men would fight over who's drawing was better, and when there was a tie, someone got eaten and a woman got pregnant, which brings us here today reading about snails in a world that has no place for them, unless they live on a highway with very slow moving cars, and the cars are all tied for 3rd place, with no prize at the finishline, what do you think? Rolling Eyes

kittie

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah pauls point is simple... if there is any kind of tie for anything, I win.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - A new topic to distract from an old topic - Reply to topic