Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Feature: Advantage pre-viewing - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Feature: Advantage pre-viewing before contest is open for voting...

Keep it

14%

14%

[ 4 ]

Delete it

85%

85%

[ 23 ]

Total Votes: 27

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Kill it or modify it. Modify it so that you can't see the pre-posts until you've entered your own chop in that contest. Then LOCK the entries. Also modify it so that we can outright turn off the preview in our preferences.

This, in my own imperfect and probably simplistic opinion, will:
1. Keep people from stealing ideas.
2. Keep the surprise element.
3. Keep people from modifying an entry that was too similar to someone else's.
4. Encourage people to put the quality in before posting.

My $.02 (US)

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I pretty much agree with all that's been said. I don't want people seeing what i've done; my vote count is low enough already, I don't feel like losing more 'cause people have seen it and the little oomph it may have is taken away. I don't care to see others entries beforehand as well; as you all said, takes the suspense, surprise and pleasure out of awaiting the next contest.

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing @ Show, how you know my secret middle name Shocked

basically put, if you go on to check what people have done, to copy them or make their idea better, you shouldn't be here in the first place

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:03 pm   Reply with quote         

true, Marco. But that doesn't mean there aren't dozens of people here who would do that. Even then, subconsciously, people do it all the time. You can't stop that from happening. Maybe not the idea itself, but elements and techniques from the other images.

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:09 pm   Reply with quote         

One of the fun things here is the moment the contest is open to all public. I always find it fun to see what people (with advantage) have thought of. This suprise is now totally gone, wich is a damned pitty.

One reason I took advantage is to have a clear mind while imagening a concept, meaning I'm not influenced in any way by other submissions. This is now (partially) gone. Argumentyou don't have to look at other submissions Sorry, but personally I have the manners of a cat, and it kills me...

I want my idea to be secret, I'm not saying there are vultures here, but there could be and they could be better then me in skills but lack the imagination. So it becomes an easy target when I've submitted my entry. ArgumentWait with your submission untill a few minutes before the contest opens well, this kinda takes my advantage, of being first on the list, away doesn't it

the only pro thing I see here is indeed the help you could get from others. But then again if I needed advise I could easily pm/mail my image to some other advantage member wich I 'trust' and be sure off getting some advise.

So at this moment for me: get rid of it. i see more cons then pro's.

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:26 pm   Reply with quote         

ok ok ok, take it away, it just doesn't bother me, but hey I do like suprises too, so bin it Shocked

Will_E_Makit

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, personally, for me anyway, being that I'm still a rookie with my photoshop skills, compared to most of the members here,I like the idea of seeing what everyone else is posting. I understand he concern of the more accomplished choppers, worrying that their ideas might be stolen. I would never stoop to such a level as that, but I'm sure that there are some who would. With that said, I guess my vote is to keep it but I'll be OK with whatever decision the site owners make. I basically just do this for fun anyway so whatever you guys/gals decide is cool with me. Smile

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:12 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:15 pm   Reply with quote         

That was very magnaminous.
I was really curious as to how people would still feel after a month of it though.
Also..A special KUDOS! to the folks that posted anyway, and didn't save it for the last minute!!!!
Very Happy

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

delete! (it says edit/delete...how does delete work?)

YAY, JMH, for making a great decision!

arcaico

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, if my opinion is of any value, I´ll give it a shot...

I know there are a lot of cons...

but unlike Showass said there´s not only one pro:

1st. Assuming users have at least 1% of ethics, they won´t copy other people´s idea...

2nd. I´d hate to spend 6 hours in a chop and see someone else did it (better or worse, doesn´t matter) Instead I´d go for a different idea... That would increase the variety of ideas in the chops, and avoid the "oh, another egg out of a yellow spot" feeling...

3rd. It increases the competivity... for instance... "heck reyrey did a hell of a chop today!!! I´ll make a hell of a chop too!!! toss the dice, it´s play time!!"

4th. if ya don´t want it to be shown, heck, just post a few mins before the contest opens...

Well, that was my... hmmm... how much is 2 cents in my currency?????
yeah... whatever

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Feature: Advantage pre-viewing - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.