Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Pictures in Chat - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:52 am   Reply with quote         

the lack of pictures in chat makes me want to watch the ellen show

blue_lurker

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:57 am   Reply with quote         

the lack of pictures in chat makes me want to watch HKlevjer, watch the ellen show Shocked

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:47 pm   Reply with quote         

the lack of ellen shows in blue's house makes me want HKLevjer......oh...wait a minute Shocked

cafn8d

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:56 pm   Reply with quote         

This might be a dumb suggestion, but please keep in mind that I still do NOT know what the issues are for why chat was made more "traditional" (like every other chat room); I DO know and appreciate that tweaking Chat is not a priority for this site as a whole, and I have NO IDEA what goes into coding or whatever it is that magically makes website features do what they do...

Could there be a user-selectable "enable images" feature, like the "auto-reload" feature... and like the "auto-reload," only work for the current chat page? That is, users can choose whether they want to see posted images in chat, but even those who select that option would see only links for images when scanning back pages of Chat.

Another possibly crazy idea... could an images-enabled chat room be offered under a special membership, not necessarily connected to Advantage but sold separately? Perhaps a "Chatty Advantage" package could even include both features for a slight discount.

I very much love the new version of PSC as a whole, and have gotten used to clicking on image links to "get the picture"... Whatever else changes or doesn't, I'm still a happy PSC addict. Smile

marcoballistic

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:18 pm   Reply with quote         

hmmmm interesting ideas Caf

armogeden

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:21 pm   Reply with quote         

well most of us are already paying, so i say make it free. i dont think its a... necessary upgrade though- you can already externally link them. plus auto-reloading pictures will take time

splodge

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:13 pm   Reply with quote         

fuck it i'm out of here, loved this site for so many years, i might hang around in the forum, but chat is ffkked

Hallcross Toots

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I like the pictures on-off idea. It's definately possible, and would be useful. The only reason I can think of why images were taken out is bandwidth. JMH has never struck me as someone who would take pics out just because they were annoying to some people...

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:18 pm   Reply with quote         

it wouldnt take up band width because its fed through imageshack or photobucket though right? i dont know how it used to be so forgive me if im wrong

ReinMan

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Well.... I think its time JMH gave us a wee talking to.

Question What up JMH? At least let us know why the pics are gone, taken from us, ripped from our grasping hands, torn from the very bossum of our visual love!!!!

It is obvious that many of us are finding this the SINGULAR ERROR in the new layout... so perhaps you can let us know why this has come to pass?
Question
Smile

blue_lurker

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:41 pm   Reply with quote         

He did Mr reindude...in chat.
He knows we are a little anoyed about the image situation, and has a compromise he beleives should suit as all...he took the pictures out to set it up as a traditional style chat...ie other sites.

When he has completed so other upgrde features he will address the chat room but it is low on his pryorities...as is the addition of spellcheck in the forum for dumb buggers like me

ScionShade

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:04 pm   Reply with quote         

HA! a spellchecker would be awesome--
browser spellcheckers never sem to work for me.

Micose

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:17 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't spend my time , usually, in chat room, but when i go to it, it's like a break where i can see different talents, people that entertain, make think, but it always start from pictures...a creativity born from little "flash" chops, like a parallele language to the "normal" chat..;i would explain it better infrench of course.
The fact that chops overthere were seriously done, but in a humourous aim, make me think about what we find in news papers, the illustrations besides the texts etc... it seems that its a bandwith problem, but for the reasons i explained before, "somebody" could conclude to a sort of censorship (which its not the case), just like what happens with "free" newspapers"...really it's a LANGUAGE that is not yet here anymore...and it's sad.

My 2 cents...

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:16 am   Reply with quote         

Most sites I go to allow images in their chatrooms, though...Sure, it's "traditional" not to, but what "traditional" means here is, when chatrooms were still dull and before somebody came up with the brilliant idea of letting people post pics in chat.

As for spellcheck, I think thats dopey. If ya can't spell, let it be known! I didn't learn how to speak properly just so every other person can use spell checkers and pretend like they can speak, too! Razz Wink

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:17 am   Reply with quote         

hmmmmm more upgrades first, will christmas never end Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Pictures in Chat - Reply to topic