Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Anonymous Contests... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

What is your opinion about the anonymous contest set up?

Leave this as is.

50%

50%

[ 11 ]

Put the votes up leave anonymous.

31%

31%

[ 7 ]

I'm up for a change.

9%

9%

[ 2 ]

I'm not sure but glad we are discussing it.

9%

9%

[ 2 ]

Total Votes: 22

Kansas

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Love the new site.. I really like the idea of the prize contests being anonymous. Makes it interesting.

I think it's cool how the posts rotate on the front page. Gives everyone a fair shot of being seen.

I guess for, Contest day, I think it would also be neat if the posts rotated within the contest. If you enter late then you are doomed to the back pages. Unless you have time to go through everything with a fine tooth comb then you could miss out on a good entry here and there.

On a regular contest the reward for doing good is that you move to the front pages.When you click the votes..it easily shows you the gold nuggets of the day.

Yet with the contests being anonymous and there are upwards of 60 + entries it's hard to see all of the entries if you are busy at work.

I like the feature of seeing the best ones clumped together. If it's anonymous.. Why does it matter who has the most votes.. Leave the names off. Besides it's nice to be rewarded for doing a good chop.. Good chop=moving to the front of the class kind of thing.

Thanks for listening...

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:27 am   Reply with quote         

People are influenced by vote counts when they go through contests. You be the judge for the contests. Don't let someone else decide what deserves your vote.

MAIKROPHONE

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:15 am   Reply with quote         

I agree totally with Kansas, give the option who have the most votes.
Maybe doesn't display the exact votes.

I've post a pic for Chief Motel, I've post it very late, I've got 11 Votes at the moment Sad .
Fact is, it's impossible for me to create a bad picture Razz ,
so the reason can only be the current display options Laughing

Megpowergirl

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:49 am   Reply with quote         

MAIKROPHONE wrote:
I agree totally with Kansas, give the option who have the most votes.
Maybe doesn't display the exact votes.

I've post a pic for Chief Motel, I've post it very late, I've got 11 Votes at the moment Sad .
Fact is, it's impossible for me to create a bad picture Razz ,
so the reason can only be the current display options Laughing

I suck I only got 2 Sad .....oh well. I do think it would be a good idea to rotate thempn the main view, so the ones at the bottom get a better chance too.... we all know that the ones on the top are advantage people... (imo)

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:02 am   Reply with quote         

think it would benefit too for the later choppers if the images are displayed randomly (maybe use the sessionid as a seeder, to avoid constant randomness).

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:06 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
I guess for, Contest day, I think it would also be neat if the posts rotated within the contest. If you enter late then you are doomed to the back pages. Unless you have time to go through everything with a fine tooth comb then you could miss out on a good entry here and there.

So, say I choose view all on one page and there's 60 entries.
I've already voted and saved a buncha votes for later in the contest-OR even worse..I AM voting and hit backspace
to get back to full page.
I haven't got the option of seeing most recent, so I
have to look at every image I haven't voted for all over again
to make sure I don't miss any because nothing is where it was.

Kansas

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:47 am   Reply with quote         

Death of a Clown wrote:
People are influenced by vote counts when they go through contests. You be the judge for the contests. Don't let someone else decide what deserves your vote.

I really can't speak for people. I can only speak for what works for me. I don't believe that I am personally influenced by vote counts.

I do know if you start tossing names around.. It may get my attention. That's why my suggestion included the anonymity. Having a button that shows the leaders gives me imediate feedback what works artiscally in this community and what does not.

Besides like I said before...Good Chopping = page advancement.

I enjoy the process of watching it unfold as it happens. Once the contest is done it's done. I go look, but the energy is gone...

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

I think it's good to not show the vote #s for the anonymous contests (or group them by high votes)... like it or not, that does sway voting.

But, I think it would be nice if there was a counter on the main contest page that shows the # of votes the current contest leader has (without indicating which entry it is, of course). That way, those who have entries will know how they're doing...

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:58 am   Reply with quote         

EJH wrote:
But, I think it would be nice if there was a counter on the main contest page that shows the # of votes the current contest leader has (without indicating which entry it is, of course). That way, those who have entries will know how they're doing...

I like that idea.

Megpowergirl

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

EJH wrote:
I think it's good to not show the vote #s for the anonymous contests (or group them by high votes)... like it or not, that does sway voting.

I like this idea too. Just to give you something to compare to for yourself between you and the highest voted photo (that you have no idea which one it is either).

nubie

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

I love anonymity.....I have gotten more views than ever before....
I dont know if its the name "Nubie" that shy's people away or I just posted an unusually good post for me. If its a unusually good post though you would think I would have more than 6 votes..??
Mega I guess ..."advantage"...was apply named.
The idea is to support this site financially...and when you break it down, it cost something like $.08a day ..and you could win expensive prizes.
this site is freakin awsome!!!

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:12 am   Reply with quote         

EJH wrote:
But the current leader will now he's the leader, and that ain't fun. I think it ads to the charm if you have no clue where you stand, it's kind of exciting, me thinks.

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:19 am   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
But the current leader will now he's the leader

or "she"... Razz

Kansas

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:35 am   Reply with quote         

EJH wrote:
Grefix wrote:

or "she"... Razz

ROCK ON Chop Chick!!!! Do I hear an Amen from Eve on this? Wink

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:53 am   Reply with quote         

Kansas wrote:
EJH wrote:
Grefix wrote:

or "she"... Razz

ROCK ON Chop Chick!!!! Do I hear an Amen from Eve on this? Wink

*sigh* you only have to forget it once, and bang, there you have the nitpickers Wink

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Anonymous Contests... - Reply to topic