Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Good Old Chat Room - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you miss the good old chat room?

Yes. Bring it back, please!

84%

84%

[ 37 ]

No. In the new one arc can't post bare naked chicks!

9%

9%

[ 4 ]

STFU and chop!

6%

6%

[ 3 ]

Total Votes: 44

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:06 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
you never learn do you?

I learned sarcasm years ago, Arcaico. It's just a matter of good sarcasm and bad sarcasm. Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Alex wrote:
Yep... totally.

And BTW, I'm running safari and I can't see the name, avatar, nb of posts, locations, etc... in the forum. Which means if the poster doesn't have a decent signature, I don't know who's posting unless I click on "quote" so then I see his name in my reply message...

On the left of all forum post, all I can see is a big blank useless spot. (I know it's all there cuz I see it in the source code)

Anyone?

If you're using Safari, I guess you're on a Mac. So perhaps you could download Camino. It's Firefox for Mac, and all your problems will be gone.

Download here if you want http://www.caminobrowser.org/

http://www.shmugle.com
arcaico

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
arcaico wrote:
you never learn do you?

I learned sarcasm years ago, Arcaico. It's just a matter of good sarcasm and bad sarcasm. Rolling Eyes

dude... if ya learned it years ago ya should know thereīs no such thing as "good" and "bad" sarcasm... sarcasm is like opposite... you donīt say heaven is a "good" opposite for hell but hot is a "bad" opposite for cold... that simply doesnīt exist... or it is or it isnīt... thereīs no "good" and "bad" neither in sarcasm nor in opposites...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:57 pm   Reply with quote         

First off, I want to say that JMH is an awesome owner/moderator and making this site has been a phenomenal creation. I've met lots of interesting people in here over the years and have laughed harder on this website than on any other site through my entire experience on the Internet. This laughter was due in most part to the quickly thown together chops, photos, and images that were posted in chat.

I loved seeing L@rue's crazy gifs, Sloth and the202's "Girls Gone Wild" photos (not to mention Sloth's infamous hurricane garage), Leif's craziness, and just all the other images that compliment the conversations that members are holding.

With the current chatroom, I don't see any difference than using IRC or Java (except with IRC and Java, you don't have to wait for the screen to refresh).

The old chatroom was the reason I would come back to check in from time to time. The social dynamic of this website has its foundation in the chatroom, not in the forums or the contests.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:40 am   Reply with quote         

Chopper, I concur, sir....

It's just not the same w/out the old chat room...

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Showcase

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:20 am   Reply with quote         

With all the discussion a couple weeks ago regarding the "user study", perhaps someone should revisit the dual chat rooms again.

One chat room that the public and members alike can see without the added images, and one that is advertised as a perk of being a member and where images are a feature.

I would be willing to bet that psc has lost potential members because they happened upon chat when a fight was mid stream or some raunchy image was posted, or leif was discussing how he dirtied some new girls bum-bum.

A second chat where the madness can happen might be added incentive to potential members. I dont know.

either way, please bring back chat images.

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:54 am   Reply with quote         

If there could be a fixed width/height setting for images, then it might not make the chatroom look so ugly when people post images. At least a 420x320 image would be nice...

The two chatroom idea doesn't seem like it would be such a good idea, because it might be spreading the posts too thin. A dead chatroom thread would be even more dead than before.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Good Old Chat Room - Reply to topic