Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - has anyone............................. - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

well have you??

yes

76%

76%

[ 19 ]

no

4%

4%

[ 1 ]

not good enough to get placed (YET)

20%

20%

[ 5 ]

Total Votes: 25

blade_in_exile

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:33 am   Reply with quote         

Ever voted for a piece of work only to find out later you were beaten for a place by that one vote you cast???

PS the not good enough vote is mine because well i am not good enough yet but am trying and some of my latest stuff is getting into double figures regularly now which can only be a good thing

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:32 am   Reply with quote         

Several times, well actually I always know who's in front and behind of me, so I know that once I cast a vote the person will jump over me. If it's worth a vote, then it's worth a vote, even if my position gets hurt by it.

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:40 am   Reply with quote         

too often. once i was leading a competition all the way through by about 4-5 votes so i voted for the entry below mine and i turned out in the very last second of the competition he pushed through into first (we were on equal votes but his was entered first). it really annoyed me but it was a good entry.

blade_in_exile

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:55 am   Reply with quote         

there are 3 "no 'cause i'm not good enough (YET) and 4 yes votes just wondering who the other responses were from.

for me i have been on the front page of votes once and thought that was a great accolade for myself as i havent been here all that long and don't have the art/graphics design background that seems to prevail amoungst members here.

i know i am going to have to really dig deep to get to the front page again and even deeper to get to the top 3 but isn't that why we are all here to learn and improve, well it is for me.

i think i have two good chops coming up and am waiting with bated breath to see how they turn out vote wise because i think they are two of my best pieces, the curse of advantage you do some good work then have to wait for it to arrive for it to be voted upon.

ok next...............

bigbuck

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:06 am   Reply with quote         

Me. Voted for an entry in a very tight contest and that vote was not returned by the person who beat me into first....by one vote. A tie would have had me in front as I posted first...

splodge

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:58 am   Reply with quote         

i've voted myself out of a winning place 3 times, specialy anoying when the winner didn't vote for me, just one example
http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/738/ham-radio.html?l=&o=votes

even more anoying when 5 of his votes came from aliases

Hallcross Toots
TheShaman

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:04 am   Reply with quote         

Its happened to me and for me before. (marco can attest to that)

I try to vote by looking through the entries by default, that way I don't worry about where they are vote wise.
We all need to try to remember somthing though.
This is ART and art is very subjective or rather peculiar to a particular individual. One person may love your art while another doesn't.
Blade, don't be discouraged. Vote for the art you like, don't not vote for something just because it will put them ahead of yourself.

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:33 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
This is ART and art is very subjective or rather peculiar to a particular individual. One person may love your art while another doesn't.
Vote for the art you like, don't not vote for something just because it will put them ahead of yourself.

Bingo! Cool

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:24 am   Reply with quote         

yes I can remember one contest in particular from several years ago still......

It was kinda upsetting at the time, cause it would have been my very first win, but I liked the winner, and it deserved the votes and the win.

If I like an entry I don't care if my vote for it will place it ahead of mine....that just means that it is better than mine.

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:33 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
...Vote for the art you like, don't not vote for something just because it will put them ahead of yourself.

Somewhere and English/Grammar teacher lost his/her wings.Laughing

The nature of the game is literally that every time you vote you could be pushing yourself down the rankings (if you've entered that is).

I responded yes to the poll. Not that I was ever in a position to win but casting my vote on others chops did affect my ending position in the ranks (I've had a couple chops that started strong and it appears that my votes took me out of the top 3).

I couldn't live with myself if I witheld a vote just for my own personal gain. Sounds corny but it's true. I'm just not that type of guy.

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:34 am   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:
yes I can remember one contest in particular from several years ago still......

If I like an entry I don't care if my vote for it will place it ahead of mine....that just means that it is better.

AMEN BROTHAH!

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:37 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
...Vote for the art you like, don't not vote for something just because it will put them ahead of yourself.

Shocked

Somewhere an English/Grammar teacher... Laughing

TheShaman

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:49 am   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

Shocked

Somewhere an English/Grammar teacher... Laughing

LOL throwing rocks in the glass house make shaman laugh

and mine made perfect sense in my head Laughing

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:49 am   Reply with quote         

I cast a vote if the image is worth...don't see if is behind me or not.

blade_in_exile

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:17 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Its happened to me and for me before. (marco can attest to that)

I try to vote by looking through the entries by default, that way I don't worry about where they are vote wise.
We all need to try to remember somthing though.
Blade, don't be discouraged. Vote for the art you like, don't not vote for something just because it will put them ahead of yourself.

Shaman i always vote by default and only vote for things i like the look of so never worry about what is infornt or behind me vote wise as i know at my level i am lucky to get any votes at all especially against some of the great work here, the whole point of this was to see how many times it happens to others.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - has anyone............................. - Reply to topic