Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Migrated Topics - Graphic tablet - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

snolly

Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:04 am   Reply with quote         

I want to buy a graphic tablet. Anything to recommend ? Anything I should know in order not to buy crap ? Thanx.

Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:29 am   Reply with quote         

I suggest the Wacom Graphire 2. I bought one about a month ago and the price is close to $100 dollars if bought in a store, but you can find them priced closer to $80 if you shop around on the web.

Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:09 am   Reply with quote         

Ober is right, Wacom sets the standard for Graphic tablets. There is a brand called Aiptek that makes decent stuff they have one called the Hyper-pen which is available in several sizes, and are cheaper than the Wacom but I did read some bad reviews on them. Ask Occecid what he thinks, he has the Aiptek brand

batichan

Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:56 am   Reply with quote         

I have a wacom graphire, and the wacom graphire 2, are the same thing, only the number 2 has really nice colors and stuff but I guess the software is different, better, so you can buy the number one and find the software in kazaa, I hear good things from a tablet call Pablo, but dont know. Wink

Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I have two of the Intuos2 tablets from Wacom (One for home, one for work). The main difference between the Intuos2 and the graphire 2 is that the pen is a alot more pressure sensitive. I have a 6 X 8 and I use it with everything, from artwork to surfing the web. The Intuos line is also more expensive but well worth it.

Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:29 pm   Reply with quote         

mozub and I use a intuos2.. Razz

1337hax0r 01/26 @ 04:08 pm
heather let's put all of this behind us, and just fuck till we're blue in the face
snolly

Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:55 am   Reply with quote         

Thank you very much for your advice.<br>I think I will go for the graphire2, the intuos being quite expensive.

ImHelpin

Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:19 am   Reply with quote         

I dont understand how those tablets can be used. How can you know where your pen is hitting when you cant see the image underneath it???

DakotaBoy88

Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

Just to show what can be done with a mouse, this image was created entirely in Photoshop 6 with just a mouse. No tracing, cloning, or other cheats.<br><br>http://www.worth1000.com/entries/50500/50546QVXU.jpg

Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:41 am   Reply with quote         

i use tablet once its cool. i can draw much better using mouse even though im left handed. im used with my left hand more on shortcut keys and controls. but in real brush, pen and paper my left hand still win...o boy im suck!

Post Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:07 pm   Reply with quote         

I would like to know what happened to fzwarkatootl

tjsnaps

Post Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:11 pm   Reply with quote         

as a left hander I find my wacom table to be a real blessing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Migrated Topics - Graphic tablet - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright © 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com