Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Suggestions for the PSC in 2007 - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:47 pm   Reply with quote         

New Years Suggestions for the Site

1. Advantage members can download the image and have the image even before it gets into the month query. At least just make it a thumbnail that no one can work off of..till its in the monthly rotation.

2. Recombine the chatrooms to one (but only allowing advantage members to post pictures in the combined chat)..this would bring the community of newbies and vets together in one room.

3. One month seems too long to look at pictures. Make it 2 weeks.

4. Divide the contests into 3 sections (newbies, average, and advanced). Have a sliding scale of acheivement based on the number of 1st-5th places (advanced). 5th-15th Place (average), and 15th - last (newbies).

5. Would like to see head to head competitions again.

StoneDigidy

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         

~ anon voting

~ 2 weeks seems like a fair amount of time to get a head start

Very Happy

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Whadda ya pullin here db? Advanced? Average? Newbies? Wadda ya want this place to end up as? Another worth1000?

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:55 pm   Reply with quote         

most of the ideas sound pretty good, except for skill-classification. What drew me to this place was the equal treatment of every person no matter what his (chopping)level is.

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Some really good entries go unsung, unnoticed, and unvoted because they were posted after the initial 25 or 30 advantage entries. I've seen some really carp advantage pictures get more votes than First Class entries that were posted a few hours after kickoff. An easy fix would be 24hr escrow. Hide all entries in 'escrow' for 24 hours from the start of a competition. After the 24 hour period is up, Reveal all the entries to voters at the same time, in a random order from which they were received. Anonymously for prize pics. That would help to level the playing field without asking advantage people to give up too much.

I get the impression that chat has suffered due to lack of participation in both rooms. Chatroom reunification just makes too much sense. Advantage chat has pictures that half the psc players will never see because they are segregated from the room. Lets face it, It's way more fun to play ball with a whole team than it is to play half field scrimmage.

That, and make marco chop with one hand tied behind his back.

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Make this whole place look a bit like this would be nice...

http://web.archive.org/web/20060202015657/photoshopcontest.com/

Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

I Agree with your points, Except The Splitting contests one.
If you are always competing against people the same skill level or worse, You will not learn as quickly. If I'm Playing a sport where my opponent is worse than me then it gets boring. One of the great thrills on this site is when I finnally beat some veteran members. Dividing the contests wouldn't be work, IMO.

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Alex wrote:
Make this whole place look a bit like this would be nice...

http://web.archive.org/web/20060202015657/photoshopcontest.com/

Rolling Eyes

Oh how I miss that layout!
Crying or Very sad

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Anyone ever mentioned anything about not having so many contests open at one time? I'm sure they have... Anyway, my problem is, I don't have a lot of time for voting and if i miss a day of voting there is another contest open that I have to vote on and if I miss that contest I... well... you get the idea... I just can't keep up... so usually I don't vote... This is why I think it would be better for voting if a contest opened every other day... Maybe this is a dumb idea, if so, just skip over and pretend you never read it... Embarassed

Oh and I like the first 3 ideas DP, not so much the last one though...

Kansas

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Everything is made up of energy.... if everyone here committed to putting some of their good energy into the site I think we could end up being the change we want to create. A little TLC and a little Goodness would go a long way. I think we could get that loving feeling back.

To me it feels like that no matter how hard you try to be positive and encouraging that someone is there to make fun of you or tear apart your thinking or beliefs or even your artwork.

If in fact enough people care about making it a more positive atmosphere then So be it...

If that is the case.. I will make sure I set aside some of my personal time to do this also..

If it's going to be the same ol same ol... I'm very very busy with work...

I really do love this place. Would love to see people put their best energy forward so I could see what that felt like!

Kathy

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

anonymous more often then 2 times a week... Very Happy

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Change some things... some people won't be happy.
Don't Change - some people won't be happy.

So, with that said,
I'm off to chop lol

Oscar

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:13 pm   Reply with quote         

We should have some contest were it doesn't matter if your advantage or non advantage. Contest that are open at the same time for everyone. There would still be contest as usual for advantage to get a head start. some thing like this:

80% Advantage Contest and 20% Equal for all Very Happy

kooi

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

i think before all that, jmh should come back...

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:45 pm   Reply with quote         

PSC Iron Chef or PSC Drag Races

Mini-Contests with smaller source 640x480 where speed, skill and quick wits rule the day. Post the image at a designated time. Start the contest to go for one hour. Allow 5 minutes 'grace' for posting anonymous entries. Then, 55 minutes for voting. Here's the hook. Only entrants can vote. Only one vote per entry.

No Complaining, No Disadvantaged, No Bullsh*t!

Just sweaty handed, red eyed, butt clinching, Chopping Baby!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Suggestions for the PSC in 2007 - Reply to topic