Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Suggestions for the PSC in 2007 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:01 pm   Reply with quote         

your right finestcall, I'm just being cranky...I need a nap Laughing

You should have advantage and be like me and still be back 20 entrys...Geeze you have to go out a week just to get in the first 12 Very Happy . I do like having it tho..Does help support the site.

Oscar

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:28 pm   Reply with quote         

I would really like to Have Advantage Membership, i was telling Paul Von that there should be a way to buy it besides Credit Card ... such as Money Order or or or i guess that it Razz well moving along Laughing

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I hope you get one..once everything is back to normal maybe you'll win one, If I remember right some prize contests are for memberships..

Oh, I don't know where your located but maybe you could get one of those pre-paid visa cards, they seem to be everywhere...

Oscar

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Prepaid Visa Cards???? wow ill look into it NOW

*some one opens the door, turn the car on and leaves a thick cloud of smoke*

Laughing

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
PSC Iron Chef or PSC Drag Races

Mini-Contests with smaller source 640x480 where speed, skill and quick wits rule the day. Post the image at a designated time. Start the contest to go for one hour. Allow 5 minutes 'grace' for posting anonymous entries. Then, 55 minutes for voting. Here's the hook. Only entrants can vote. Only one vote per entry.

No Complaining, No Disadvantaged, No Bullsh*t!

Just sweaty handed, red eyed, butt clinching, Chopping Baby!

I like this idea (and 4 of DB's). I couldn't participate in the speed rounds though. I'm still learning so it still takes me hours to do a chop that looks good (hence my lack of productivity lately).

I'm sure that once I know my tools better I'll be faster though.

janetdog

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:21 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:

I like this idea (and 4 of DB's). I couldn't participate in the speed rounds though. I'm still learning so it still takes me hours to do a chop that looks good (hence my lack of productivity lately).

I'm sure that once I know my tools better I'll be faster though.

I'm not quite as fast at chopping as I was a few years ago. I think a few drag race competitions would do wonders to improve my speed and decision making. A whole hour is a huge amount of time for one 640x480, If you have an idea right away. Seems I always spend more time searching for just the right image than I do actually chopping. I'd say that on a good day when the god's are smiling, I could make a five frame gif in about an hour. The key to making drag races fun is a simple source that is easy to chop and something that could be so cliche that the unique ones would stand out and win. For example: A picture of a solitary fire hydrant would get all kinds of dog pee cliches. The winner would be the entry that was outside of the box. That folks is what choppin's all about!

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:55 am   Reply with quote         

Funily enough i think the key to "drag races" is knowing

Keyboard shortcuts, making actions with f numbers,, and knowing how to keep the psd filesize down so your computer is not struggling later on.

Aswell as doing everything the quick way.

janetdog

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:29 am   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:

Keyboard shortcuts, making actions with f numbers,, and knowing how to keep the psd filesize down so your computer is not struggling later on.

Not with my shiny remodelled computer! I've spent the last 48 hours wrenching on that f-ing thing. (Mostly spent standing in line waiting for complete idiots) It is faster than anything I've ever seen. Faster than a comparable box with xp pro. Right now, I'm downloading videos, Listening to mp3's, posting on the internet and plotting alogorythms for muenster cheese and world domination. I was worried about the 64 bit kernel but, So far, Totally f-ing stable. Debian's Da Bomb Dude! I've been patiently waiting to chop this mornings contest. I'm so psyched!

/pushes way up front for first look at picture

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:42 am   Reply with quote         

SPAM NEEDS TO STOP Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

blue_lurker

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:46 am   Reply with quote         

Best bit of advice and improvement for this site is....

Marx-Man

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:32 am   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:

(Mostly spent standing in line waiting for complete idiots)

i don't know why you would be waiting in a line for idiots...

but i like test driving new toys/tools too.

as for improvements to PSC

Well

I think that.

The site doent have to worry to much about loading times with its base theme.

Spam is a problem... BROKEN DOWN TO ITS BARE PARTS
advertising + public access forum = spam
So how to avoid advertising.

Idea A
much like firewall the ability to catalog you can create censorship of sites. (like putting the word "fuck" as **** but instead of that the actual site name becomes ****Link blocked****

Why will this work?... well why advertise on the site if the link is just going to be perminantly blocked.

of course its up to the admin to put code it and put in the censor function but if incorperated it would act pretty much like a firewall. and the compendium of blocked sites will increase as more are advertised until the parties realise its a waste of time.

Idea B
also you could remove the ability to post hotlinks for people who havnt posted in the contests.
Like the ten entries etc.

User interface.

The gui on the site if very functional and decorative in anyway not what people would expect from a graphicly based website.

most people would expect things to move and drop downs etc. nice animations. not exactly busting to have a pretty site but it can help.

Things necassary on the home page or pre home page.

The logo - check
The mascott if there is one - Gordonk is not there...
Welcome message - nope.

janetdog

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

I hate to say it but, Not only am I getting used to the spam but, It is one of the few places at PSC that you can crumb all over someone and get away with it. Maybe they could have a place just for spam. Sorta like Susan's thread (Not that I'm calling your thread spam dfwsusan)

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:40 am   Reply with quote         

COMPENDIUM OF BLOCKED SITES...

Do i know how long it would take to catalog every site that should be blocked...

65 hours, 27 minutes, 34 seconds and one half of a second. assuming th person works non stop.

or you could just go to a pron search engine an use thier compiled list which would take alot less time.

Oscar

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:53 am   Reply with quote         

Yup ideas are great UNLESS WE DO SOMETHING Twisted Evil

I'd say we should go out as an angry mob and lynch the spammers.

Micose

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Kansas wrote:
janetdog wrote:
PSC Iron Chef or PSC Drag Races

Mini-Contests with smaller source 640x480 where speed, skill and quick wits rule the day. Post the image at a designated time. Start the contest to go for one hour. Allow 5 minutes 'grace' for posting anonymous entries. Then, 55 minutes for voting. Here's the hook. Only entrants can vote. Only one vote per entry.

No Complaining, No Disadvantaged, No Bullsh*t!

Just sweaty handed, red eyed, butt clinching, Chopping Baby!

yes!!!!!!!

How fun would that be.. Sounds like you are bringing some fine energy to the table... living in the solution and not the Problem.. Go JanetDAWG!

yes!!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Suggestions for the PSC in 2007 - Reply to topic