Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Suggestions for the PSC in 2007 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

nog

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:25 pm   Reply with quote         

make all entries anonymous, also allow advantage members to vote whether they have 10 entries or not.

Micose

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:36 pm   Reply with quote         

BRING BACK the 550x600 around 100k if possible of course, and of course let the link on the pic to bigger but really, this resizing at 60 k doesn't fit at all choppers that use textures and sharpness like a big part of the effect (who ?for instance yr Micose here), i know people are too quick,theres too much chop to check all the large views, so at least a 650x550 at 95k would be great on the main co,ntests pages.
arcaico

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:01 pm   Reply with quote         

anonimous back now! And the end of PMs.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Showcase

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:13 pm   Reply with quote         

First of all...Why, WHY is this topic in the Featured Pic forum???
sheesh. Lets GO PEOPLE!!!

Second, when is enough enough??
Besides, the only thing that makes sense is what JanetDog suggested...only not sooooo different.

Like the REALLY old days...no one sees the starting image until 8am. You chop fast and post fast. Contests work the same, stay open the same and voting is the same.

Simple changes for JMH to make all Friday images absent from advantage and leave the rest as it is.

thats my 2 cents. I could see doing a few of those contests myself.

Also, I wonder if MarxMan can even understands his own comments the next day...or maybe its just me.

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:59 am   Reply with quote         

its the next day

yup i can

janetdog

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:28 am   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:
[b]
Like the REALLY old days...no one sees the starting image until 8am. You chop fast and post fast. Contests work the same, stay open the same and voting is the same.

An internet news site picture was used as a source in a contest. The site used the same url's throughout the day for different images of breaking news. Half of the entries were of the original image. By the time those first pictures were being posted, news happened and the source changed for the corresponding story with the same url. In true psc style, everyone started chopping the second image. By the end of the day, The source had changed three times and entries were nearly double the usual. Smile

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:39 am   Reply with quote         

I agree with Naiko, while I like having the large size, and it makes sense to downscale the image so it opens fast for all. The downscaling really can make a good image look like ass, with jagged aedges and what looks like low res jpeg artifacts, when it infact has non on the full version. If this happens it is then relient on viewers opening the full size image. Which understanably can't be expected on all entries.

Solution anyone?

Marx-Man

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:51 am   Reply with quote         

yeah

Make an allowance for bigger images and save the jpeg as progressive. that way skimmers can se it whilst it loads and people who want to see it can progressivly..

nifft

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:05 am   Reply with quote         

All anonymous (entries and voters). and the power of vote at who has ten entries with a minimum of 10 votes each (cause at the and of the contests, you'll see a lot of stupid entries that are alias for me).

janetdog

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:23 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
I agree with Naiko, while I like having the large size, and it makes sense to downscale the image so it opens fast for all. The downscaling really can make a good image look like ass, with jagged aedges and what looks like low res jpeg artifacts, when it infact has non on the full version. If this happens it is then relient on viewers opening the full size image. Which understanably can't be expected on all entries.

Solution anyone?

I hope this doesn't sound like a cop out. Instead of letting automated image squashing script sodomize your 1280 x 960. Crop out an inch or so all the way around which should help offset the loss of detail during compression. Not to point any fingers but, Have you ever noticed that bigbuck's entries always look great either size? Don't quote me on this but, I think you will see that most of his entries are not really big to start with.

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:10 pm   Reply with quote         

arcade!!!!!!!

ARCADE ARCADE ARCADE....

this place needs puyo puyo, tetris, pac man, yeti sports, multiplayer games.

we need an arcade

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Someone suggested we get psc badges...

http://www.darryl.com/badges/blazing.mov

If any of you fall under this category...you don't get no stinking badges..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2048587044376841116&q=blazing+saddles&hl=en

Ok...that's the end of this thread...no more farting around these topics anymore...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-308117011107602891&q=blazing+saddles&hl=en

Go forth and be a good chopper....

http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/saddles/sounds/bullshit.wav

The only thing we need to change on this site...is the spam...get ride of it...

http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/saddles/sounds/gibbersh.wav

splodge

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:48 pm   Reply with quote         

cant be bothered to read back. i've been ignoring this topic for a reason, "if it aint broken, dont fix it", pick a weekend and shut it down, no reason just shutdown, go sking for the w/e and enjoy the rest and imagin the confusion as .ppl try punching the hell out of there computers, texting each other, trying desperatly to remember all those IM's they ignored, .ppl phoning each other, driving, catching trains to meet each other then reopen as if nothing had hapened, that would shut then up Twisted Evil

Hallcross Toots

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Suggestions for the PSC in 2007 - Reply to topic