Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Oscar

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

"Someone tries to understand why people believe in something that nobody can prove". Well i don't need evidence that god exist, i have seen his work through my own eyes.

Godlessness and the lost of faith Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Marx-Man

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Yea thats one impressive planet but theres whole lot more than that and we certainly are not the centre of the universe.

BroChris

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Some posts are getting a little too close to bashing. Please respect. Relegate discussions to pms. Don't make me whip out my guns!

Just your 3 spiritual beliefs please. Thanks.
Oscar

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

lol Marks-Man wants a piece of me lol

1)There is god
2)There is Christ
3)There is Me

This was not include on my list but is worth mentioning

4)PSC Laughing

Gort

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:09 pm   Reply with quote         

1. I don't know
2. You don't know
3. We better be sure we are teaching our children real science instead of mythology. They will need clear heads and good critical-thinking skills to deal with the mess they are being given.

creatrix

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Gort wrote:
1. I don't know
2. You don't know
3. We better be sure we are teaching our children real science instead of mythology. They will need clear heads and good critical-thinking skills to deal with the mess they are being given.

LOL... this is good!

As for "bashing," I don't see any. A discussion of this nature is bound to have arguments, but as long as ideas are presented respectfully without ad hominem attacks, I hope mods will leave it alone.

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:25 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:

Anyway, when I was in class once, I apposed the teachers creationist theory with my personal opinion of darwin's evolution and bone findings pre dating bible texts creation philosiphy's

and what happened..... I got 3 weeks detention. Now that is good teaching Laughing

I'm not bashing or anything, and I don't think you should have gotten detention. But still, By saying the bones predate the biblical time frame is putting a lot of faith in Dating methods which may or may not work.

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:35 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:

Anyway, when I was in class once, I apposed the teachers creationist theory with my personal opinion of darwin's evolution and bone findings pre dating bible texts creation philosiphy's

and what happened..... I got 3 weeks detention. Now that is good teaching Laughing

I'm not bashing or anything, and I don't think you should have gotten detention. But still, By saying the bones predate the biblical time frame is putting a lot of faith in Dating methods which may or may not work.

Well, I think when you look at "science," we are basing knowledge - or beliefs, if you prefer - on a logical assessment of the world around us. Yes, the dating methods may not work, but knowing the half life of an elements decay and the amount of said element within the bone matter of a living creature, one can reasonably extrapolate the age of the "prehistoric" bone matter. Yes, it may turn out to be incorrect, but looking at the methodology allows me personally to put "faith" in it. I do not feel the same about Biblical or other creation stories.

I sincerely hope this is not construed as "bashing." It's discussion, kids! Wink

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:53 pm   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
"Someone tries to understand why people believe in something that nobody can prove". Well i don't need evidence that god exist, i have seen his work through my own eyes.

Godlessness and the lost of faith Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Photo's count as having seen it through your own eyes ?
Or have you done a tour of duty on the Space Shuttle ? Very Happy

Granulated

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I wasn't indoctrinated as an infant. Mum and dad didn't mention anything about religion, nor did they raise us athiests.

So..I start primary school at 4 and a half years old and immediately get scolded for not closing my eyes, putting my hands together and joining in with the rest of the class.

First visit to the dinner-hall and I got bopped on the head with a ladle from the head dinner-lady for not doing what I was supposed to.

I was really shy and scared of all adults at the time but still managed to pipe up that I didn't know what was going on.

I somehow managed to explain evertything well enough for my mum to understand. She then gave me the idiots guide to christianity and I just thought it was impossibly ludicrous.

Granulated

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
Yea thats one impressive planet but theres whole lot more than that and we certainly are not the centre of the universe.

just a tad...just a tad

Mir

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:12 pm   Reply with quote         

I believe that if you live your life the best way you can without hurting yourself or others than you don't have to worry about weather there is a god or not.

creatrix

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:13 pm   Reply with quote         

LOL... Gran, oh don't you wish you'd know enough to tell that dinner-lady that it was unsanitary to hit a pupil in the head with a serving utensil?

I was brought up a "Christian," but there really wasn't much talk about Jesus or anything. Just at Christmas and Easter the "we believe in....." chat, but then one day I realized that I DIDN'T believe that. At one point, I really tried, mainly because I was in love with a minister, but it didn't work out (the beliefs OR the minister, lol).

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Mir wrote:
I believe that if you live your life the best way you can without hurting yourself or others than you don't have to worry about weather there is a god or not.

Nicely said, Mir!

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:22 pm   Reply with quote         

1: i stayed away from this last time.
2: i'm staying out of this one.
3: i might not stay out of the next one, so quit while you're ahead.

religion, spam, homosexualty, not in this forum please Mad

Hallcross Toots

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.