Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Anonymus Everyday! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anonymus Contestus

yes :

55%

55%

[ 41 ]

no:

44%

44%

[ 33 ]

Total Votes: 74

Micose

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:55 am   Reply with quote         

Who agrres with this : " ANON CONTEST EVERYDAY ! " (i know it has been exposed many times,well like this u have got time to think about it hehe)

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:04 am   Reply with quote         

I really miss the old days when all the contests were NOT anonymous. I think that the comments (both the vote comments and the regular comments) are where all the ideas are exchanged that lead to improvements. The comments are where the bulk of learning happens for me, particularly when there is a back-and-forth conversation going. I love being able to read the comments, not just on my own entries, but on all the entries. To me much of the value and the playfulness is lost when the comments are hidden until after the contests are over. I personally would like to see a return to the "no prize" and "no anonymous" contests for all the contests.

EDIT
Here's an example from one of my earlier contest entries.
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/103880/blue-candlesticks.html - had this been an anonymous contest I would never have gotten to understand something important about how reflections work - how reflections are not just upside down copies. I KNEW there was something off in my starting image, but couldn't see exactly what. But through critiques from Marco (on another aspect of the image) and critiques on the reflection from Rey and Eve, and from a "mini-tutorial" that Rey sent me, I did come to understand what was wrong in my starting image, and how to go about fixing it. I think this has helped me a lot.

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:09 am   Reply with quote         

I agree with evelyn but i'd like anon contests too.. maybe we can make anon contests every tuesday & thursday or sth like that..

BroChris

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:11 am   Reply with quote         

I like the current setup: anon contests for prize contests. I would, however, like to see more prize contests Smile
TheShaman

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:16 am   Reply with quote         

I'd like to think your my friend so I'm going to give it to you straight.... I hope you wont be offended or get mad at what I'm about to say...

First off I wouldn't mind every day being anon or even having at least one or two days regardless of prizes. In fact I would be all for it.. Yet I agree with Evelyn this is really a 'learning site' and with the anon contests we don't see the comments put forth to help people, so other users aren't gaining anything from the entries other than they like this or that by voting or not voting... If they could include the comments and hide the votes in the anon contests that would be cool I think... but also remember this Micose, even in the anon contests, I can normally tell which entries are yours my friend that doesnt make for you being anon.

I think this is more about you and the voting tendencies of this site.... I think you'd have more luck with voting if you didn't make 'everything' melt...I know its your style and it is more a 'painters style' but I think it starts to turn some people off. (myself included) when you see the same things day in and day out.. I like to see some semblance of source when you're done with your acid trip, kinda like todays... I really liked your entry today. Smart stuff my friend.
*runs and hides in the corner before Naiko makes me melt. Wink

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:27 am   Reply with quote         

BroChris wrote:
I like the current setup: anon contests for prize contests. I would, however, like to see more prize contests Smile

thats the problem
marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

Evelyn is right, if its anon, then hardly any pointers are given out, in the vote for that matter too. just those 3 dots over and over again, or a one word exclaimation, not very helpful.

however, I like the current set up... I say current, but we know JMh is busy and the current set up is all open comps. but the 2 days amon, and 5 open are pretty ok with me when it gets back to that.

It is a learning site, and its important we have comps open so people can offer critiques etc.

there should be an option in your poll Naiko for leave it how it is.

sure it isn't perfect, but what is, there isn't a better site out there that offers what PSC does. its a great community, messing with it too much may end up damaging it.

TheShaman

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:31 am   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
BroChris wrote:

thats the problem

we would need more sponsors.

yet if we only would have had prizes on say Mondays, we'd still be giving out the prizes from when we started doing prizes... Shocked
WTF did I just babble? Laughing

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:38 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
I'd like to think your my friend so I'm going to give it to you straight.... I hope you wont be offended or get mad at what I'm about to say...

First off I wouldn't mind every day being anon or even having at least one or two days regardless of prizes. In fact I would be all for it.. Yet I agree with Evelyn this is really a 'learning site' and with the anon contests we don't see the comments put forth to help people, so other users aren't gaining anything from the entries other than they like this or that by voting or not voting... If they could include the comments and hide the votes in the anon contests that would be cool I think... but also remember this Micose, even in the anon contests, I can normally tell which entries are yours my friend that doesnt make for you being anon.

I think this is more about you and the voting tendencies of this site.... I think you'd have more luck with voting if you didn't make 'everything' melt...I know its your style and it is more a 'painters style' but I think it starts to turn some people off. (myself included) when you see the same things day in and day out.. I like to see some semblance of source when you're done with your acid trip, kinda like todays... I really liked your entry today. Smart stuff my friend.

Very Happy yea nicely said Sean, i spoke for the mass, in general, just a poll , but i swear my acidified neurons are about to producing some classical "looking" and i wanted to chop anon when i chop these sorts of works. Wink well my next 12 next chops to come are 1/2 surrealabstract,1/2realistic...i sort of found my own personal rythm. Smile .

yep this poll its just cuz i really cant bear whinings of people and my owns Laughing anymore

oooo by the way, as far as this site is growing more and more, it would be fair to add 5 votes to the 25 votes to give, it would help to encourage newbs.

now i go eat a pizza. Smile
TheShaman

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:41 am   Reply with quote         

good! I love seeing your 'normal' work Laughing

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:43 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
Evelyn is right, if its anon, then hardly any pointers are given out, in the vote for that matter too. just those 3 dots over and over again, or a one word exclaimation, not very helpful.

however, I like the current set up... I say current, but we know JMh is busy and the current set up is all open comps. but the 2 days amon, and 5 open are pretty ok with me when it gets back to that.

It is a learning site, and its important we have comps open so people can offer critiques etc.

there should be an option in your poll Naiko for leave it how it is.

sure it isn't perfect, but what is, there isn't a better site out there that offers what PSC does. its a great community, messing with it too much may end up damaging it.

i agree with that too. in fact its ok with me too ,when we had those 2 days of anon per week !
and yep, i sjhould edit my poll. Very Happy
Micose

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:52 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Micose wrote:
BroChris wrote:

thats the problem

we would need more sponsors.

yet if we only would have had prizes on say Mondays, we'd still be giving out the prizes from when we started doing prizes... Shocked
WTF did I just babble? Laughing

Very Happy
Micose

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:54 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

(Sean i dont take it bad what u said, at all , i left the painting" looking abit so its why i take care that what im doin these days be fairly appreciated. I wouldn't , for sure, have even dared to make a thread of whinings or sthg, if i were stuck in the abstract.)

doone Cool
mikey

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:09 am   Reply with quote         

More prizes please! ~ Cool I need to win one before I die! Laughing

FootFungas

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

If all the contests are anon people won't learn as much.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Anonymus Everyday! - Reply to topic