Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Anonymus Everyday! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anonymus Contestus

yes :

55%

55%

[ 41 ]

no:

44%

44%

[ 33 ]

Total Votes: 74

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

ScionShade

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:46 pm   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
Whats the point of anon contest if i can still tell who did the chop? i mean, everyone has his/hers style... like micose. Very Happy

I'd say Micose nd m'self.....but everyone?

ScionShade

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:47 pm   Reply with quote         

nifft wrote:
And if Anonymous is only the chopper and not the votes?

ok that avy

Isn't that Marco's avy?

nifft

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:55 pm   Reply with quote         

my name is Marco too, Scion Razz

Sassy

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:08 pm   Reply with quote         

The solution is to stop the vote whoring and Alias's and the only way to stop that is "not have voting" then there is no competition.
Just have constructive comments/critiques that show up but keep the user Anon so as to avoid hurt feelings then it truly is a teaching/learning site.IF thats the intent of the site...

Your not winning anything anyway so why bother voting when it brings out the worst in a few waaaaay to competitive people and there is no way to really access your improvement level when the votes are jaded so why bother.Isn't it really suppose to be about fun??? its hard to mix it all up with prizes and the competitive cheating thats been going on for quite awhile here and still have fun Confused

Have a few Anon prize contests with voting and visible comments a couple days aweek

A few Quickie Contests and the rest no votes

It really comes down to what JMH's intent is for the site...just my 2 cents and I don't think this option has been brought up before.

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:15 pm   Reply with quote         

If we did that,then there would be no option but to be honest and tell people the truth.
I don't vote for certain things now..I aint gonna stand back and watch someone get a buncha praise they don't deserve and not say nothing at all.
I prefer to leave the voting in place. too many people are too thin skinned to hear the truth.

Sassy

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:41 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
If we did that,then there would be no option but to be honest and tell people the truth.
I don't vote for certain things now..I aint gonna stand back and watch someone get a buncha praise they don't deserve and not say nothing at all.
I prefer to leave the voting in place. too many people are too thin skinned to hear the truth.

Well Sci thats a novel concept isn't it Shocked ....Honest and tell the truth...if its SUPPOSE to be a learning site thats what its all about and ANON avoids the thin skinned from feeling picked on.

I think that it is all in the way the critisism is presented that effects how people react to it.If its not done in a "nice" helpful way then people will feel attacked.

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Ahhhhhhhhh, I see...This isn't a learning site. Although
I've learned much of what i know about PS here and it is a great place to learn.

mikey

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Change the name of the site to; PhotoshopFun then!

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:20 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
Change the name of the site to; PhotoshopFun then!

Good Point Mikey but I did not say not have ANY contests but "contests" also denotes the Winning of Something other then Kudo's in my book...I dunno its just my thoughts... Confused

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, I have been here awhile, and this is one topic that will NEVER die. People come and go, but the arguments remain the same.

Quite frankly, it is my guess, that when JMH did the latest site upgrade, he mixed up the anon/non anon contests to try to please everyone. Something that is impossible. Yes, there haven't been any prize contests lately, but I believe the attempt was made to bring back some anon because people squawk.

One thing we often forget is that this is not OUR site. It's JMH's and his to do with as he pleases.

If you don't like the rules of the playground then go to another one. This playground is ruled by JMH, but there are other playgrounds on the internet that may suit you better if you don't like the rules here.

I know this topic will resurface again in a few weeks or months, and my response will be the same.

Argue all you like about it, but it's not YOUR playground. You're just one of the kids who chooses to play here. Sometimes the playground director lets us all play with bags on our heads (anon) and sometimes we aren't allowed (non anon).

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:36 pm   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:
Well, I have been here awhile, and this is one topic that will NEVER die. People come and go, but the arguments remain the same.

Quite frankly, it is my guess, that when JMH did the latest site upgrade, he mixed up the anon/non anon contests to try to please everyone. Something that is impossible. Yes, there haven't been any prize contests lately, but I believe the attempt was made to bring back some anon because people squawk.

One thing we often forget is that this is not OUR site. It's JMH's and his to do with as he pleases.

If you don't like the rules of the playground then go to another one. This playground is ruled by JMH, but there are other playgrounds on the internet that may suit you better if you don't like the rules here.

I know this topic will resurface again in a few weeks or months, and my response will be the same.

Argue all you like about it, but it's not YOUR playground. You're just one of the kids who chooses to play here. Sometimes the playground director lets us all play with bags on our heads (anon) and sometimes we aren't allowed (non anon).

Yup totally agree Nancers its JMH's site and he will never please everyone...

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:05 pm   Reply with quote         

I vote for Sassy!" best avatar! Very Happy

anfa

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:12 pm   Reply with quote         

I vote for Nancers! Best point of view! Smile

mikey

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:18 pm   Reply with quote         

I vote for nancers excellent point of view too! Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Anonymus Everyday! - Reply to topic