Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Anonymus Everyday! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anonymus Contestus

yes :

55%

55%

[ 41 ]

no:

44%

44%

[ 33 ]

Total Votes: 74

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:42 am   Reply with quote         

hey hey heeeeey your not me Nifft, I will take you all the way to court on that Laughing

time to re-group my crack team of ultra lawyers Very Happy Wink

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:41 am   Reply with quote         

playground vs kids .......1-0

Dot

Location: Tacoma, WA since march 2010, born and raised in Belgium

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:59 am   Reply with quote         

isn't it possible to just hide the name?? So you can see the votes and comments but not the creator?? Don't know...

But i do like it the way it is...

TheShaman

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:14 am   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:

Argue all you like about it, but it's not YOUR playground. You're just one of the kids who chooses to play here. Sometimes the playground director lets us all play with bags on our heads (anon) and sometimes we aren't allowed (non anon).

Laughing
profound statement there nancers... no cats were harmed in the making of this thread were they??!!? we miss you choppin lady!

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:49 am   Reply with quote         

is it not possible to have an anon contest and still allow anon comments... that way people still have the ability to learn from an criticisms they may have received and all voting for friends/favoritism is a thing of the past!

ScionShade

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:28 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
I vote for Nancers! Best point of view! Smile

NO! MINE WAS THE BEST! Nan's runs a close second , but I STILL WIN ENGLISHMAN!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:28 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing

ahhh this poll is just gonna end in near enough a tie.

result, nothing will happen, but hey, its good to talk Razz

patim

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:50 pm   Reply with quote         

As well Scion as Nancers are not right. And of course they are right. Because we all see things in our own way. My thoughts on this may differ from others, but it is how I see it.

Any given contest I see the same names appearing on the top list. I'm not saying that they aren't good choppers, but what disturbs me is that they wil get away with an average chop. Even a lousy chop from a well known "name" at least hits the top 8. That aint fair.

This is cause of the friendly voting, the herd behaviour (or lemmings as you wish). But anon voting wouldnt help. I can tell from alot of chops who made it. And maybe people share there chops through mail or something. So nothing will help I guess.

But don't argue for the wrong reasons. Nancers it is OUR playground. Together with JMH we MAKE this playground. We would be nowhere without him, He nowhere without us. It is a synergie, not Cuba.

And do not argue about learning and don't pay attention to votes. It is really harsh when you make a very good chop, and than get outrunned by a significant worse chop from a top 8 candidate. You don't learn anything from that, except maybe that things aren't always fair.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I stay, cause I am fire-proof, but please don't pick on others about being thin-skinned. By saying that, you disacknowledge their right to speak about how they feel. And I don't see how they can learn anything by being bullied away. Let's just make the kitchen a cosy place for everyone, so we can really learn from each other.

Now let's have some cheese!

BroChris

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Dot wrote:
isn't it possible to just hide the name?? So you can see the votes and comments but not the creator?? Don't know...

But i do like it the way it is...

I hadn't thought of that before, but I think that's a great idea. Best of both worlds, imo.
ReinMan

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:17 pm   Reply with quote         

I had to dig through this whole damned thread (full of stuff I have read a Million ZILLION times before! Rolling Eyes ) just so I could find the comment from NANCERS.

Because (and I make NO bones about it here, people) I LOVE Nancers.

(hmmm... I wasn't intending to use the word "BONE" in the same sentence as "Nancers", but hey! there ya go. Always a little surprise everday in my life.)

WHAT NANCERS SAID!!!!!
WHAT NANCERS SEZ!!!!!!

Etc.

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Rolling Eyes

guidutra

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:41 pm   Reply with quote         

hi! sorry for the bad english, anyway
i think anonymous votes will make the contest with a little less of politics votes
u understand me?
i feel it exists, dont know where

for sure the comments help, but you will read then when contest is over.

its all about suspense, like poker. that feeling will make us to be more addicted on make better photochop.
at last a month test.

see

Mir

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:05 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="Evelyn"]I really miss the old days when all the contests were NOT anonymous. I think that the comments (both the vote comments and the regular comments) are where all the ideas are exchanged that lead to improvements. The comments are where the bulk of learning happens for me, particularly when there is a back-and-forth conversation going. I love being able to read the comments, not just on my own entries, but on all the entries. To me much of the value and the playfulness is lost when the comments are hidden until after the contests are over. I personally would like to see a return to the "no prize" and "no anonymous" contests for all the contests.

I totally agree.

ScionShade

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Carp i hate all this digging up old threads and ending up responding to something old.

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:07 pm   Reply with quote         

bumping this up - to push the spam down the page

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Anonymus Everyday! - Reply to topic