Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - lots of work for nothing! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TheShaman

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:47 pm   Reply with quote         

candyart wrote:
ok! i'm good ol' candyart again!

HOORAY! Twisted Evil

now take this lesson and go kick some butt candy!

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:53 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
well you shouldn't take it so hard,

I'll admit I saw yours and dots and and I gave dot the vote for tweaking the image to match what was there... I'm not a big fan of pictures on the wall... had you just done the garden with the angels I think I would have voted for yours instead of hers...

why u HAD to choose ?, why wouldnt u vote for a chop for the work involved more than the "cuz i like it better....today".. Why didnt u voted both for Dot and Candy,thats aint logical.
. I think Candyart "complaining" is fair (even if its not the pages place that matters i think, during normal contests-maybe for anon tho)
voting, is to reward people who work too, not only to say "this is pleasing TO ME"
but i have a painfull toothache and i dont want to enter any discuss today...and im just passing by,no time...to vote either right now.

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:54 pm   Reply with quote         

That's my girl! GO candy GO!

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

I'll admit I saw yours and dots and and I gave dot the vote for tweaking the image to match what was there... I'm not a big fan of pictures on the wall... had you just done the garden with the angels I think I would have voted for yours instead of hers...

why u HAD to choose ?, why wouldnt u vote for a chop for the work involved more than the "cuz i like it better....today".. Why didnt u voted both for Dot and Candy,thats aint logical.
. I think Candyart "complaining" is fair (even if its not the pages place that matters i think, during normal contests-maybe for anon tho)
voting, is to reward people who work too, not only to say "this is pleasing TO ME"
but i have a painfull toothache and i dont want to enter any discuss today...and im just passing by,no time...to vote either right now.

ooooh toothache naiko! we're both in much pain then... Crying or Very sad

TheShaman

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

First off I try to be fair with my votes... we are given 25 not 50.
I don't try to friendly vote. If you make something I like, I'll vote, it may not be till the end of the contest, (cause after my first year debacle of always running out of votes I have changed the way I vote) and I want to be fair to the late entries.

and like ive said in the rest of my responses in this thread Micose, I first look for what catches my eye, then I try to see what you've put into it. But it IS a gut reaction first, (I call that the X-factor) I go through all the entries before I vote, then go back look more detailed at the ones I liked and vote for those.
BTW I did go back and vote for candys.

But when theres more than one of the same Idea, I give the vote to the one that seems like the details were paid attention too and the use of source was more apparent. in Dots case, she blended her outside source into the original quite well...(after her tweak, and thats when I voted for it) cause at first it wasn't blended, and for that it wasn't going to get a vote... but that to me is more worthy than taking almost the same idea with the source and making it very small and obscure. Where now the painting on a wall is more of the focus and it ends up being about 25% of the size of the original source.

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:11 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm not going to say that things don't get political here from time to time but I enjoy the challenge and excitement of the whole concept and it opens up my fuzzy brain from time to time. That's it. I would like to get more critique than votes any day. I did look for the win in the beginning but now it's not important. It does get frustrating with what your saying though so I had to decide which way I wanted to take this site. It's fun and I enjoy the different ways people see the source image and the people are really good at helping out so I'm happy but I do understand where your at. Wink

Sassy

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey if anyone gets to complain on this contest its me!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Damn Chicken is beating mine but at least I don't have to post the external source Surprised

Take a chill pill at least Chicken isn't in your mind...ohhhh my the thoughts he must be seeing.... Cool Hmmm Angel Angel Angel

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:59 pm   Reply with quote         

candyart wrote:
....I'm not complaining about low votes but where is my recognition of my work??

You're here for the votes? HA, ha, HA. The votes that count are from people who try to help you get better and who honestly praise your work, not from people who never have anything to say or who vote inconsistently. You have to be doing this for yourself, for fun, to become a better chopper, to forget, whatever it is votes should be last on your list.

As for your entry you could have made a bigger impact by showing us a larger version of the work you did integrating the angels together. Instead you've made a statement about grandmas's wallpaper and crooked picture on the wall, all of which overwhelm the scene. Give us a closeup of the angels, show us the real work.

Keep moving forward!

Granulated

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:01 pm   Reply with quote         

candyart wrote:
I have a similar entry today with another contestant, but there is a very big difference in our votes... i'm not saying its overvoted, i just don't get it...
I may be overreacting & people may not agree with what i say but things are pretty much like that... imho

but youre overvoted (imo) for the gas cylinder chop..so what the hey !! Laughing

TheShaman

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:

As for your entry you could have made a bigger impact by showing us a larger version of the work you did integrating the angels together. Instead you've made a statement about grandmas's wallpaper and crooked picture on the wall, all of which overwhelm the scene. Give us a closeup of the angels, show us the real work.

Keep moving forward!

thats what I was saying Very Happy

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

"if you chop it, they will vote"

That doesnt mean any chop, must be a great chop Wink
It's all about imagination, people have great amount of photoshop skills but they have a brain the size of a peanut.
No offence to anyone but few ... Go away now Smile

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:05 pm   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
"if you chop it, they will vote"

That doesnt mean any chop, must be a great chop Wink
It's all about imagination, people have great amount of photoshop skills but they have a brain the size of a peanut.
No offence to anyone but few ... Go away now Smile

By default, their brains must be larger than a peanut to have a great amount of photoshop skills.

It's in the Photoshop handbook...page 49, paragraph 3.

Bladelady

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Late again! but I had to comment. My best ever votes(25)are on a chop that was on, shock horror!, page two!. So I don't think the argument holds up for me. It's just a case of chop and hope I think, anyway it really ain't worth getting your kn*****s in a twist over.

Can you say knickers on here??????
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Bladelady wrote:
Can you say knickers on here??????
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I think you just said knickers here.

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying knickers.

Now, if you said SNICKERS...well...that's a different story!

Unless you have knickers made out of Snickers...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - lots of work for nothing! - Reply to topic