Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Logo - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:07 pm   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:
Here is another variation I did using the bottom one.

http://volkswes.com/photos/jcea02.jpg

....and here is a variation on the 2nd one

http://volkswes.com/photos/jcea03.jpg

and yes the Nickel is highly recognized here.........it is on all of the official letterhead, and is on all of the county's vehicles and equipment.

Why is the "J" flattening out?

I like the other one a lot...would look good on a T-shirt...simple and to the point.

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:32 pm   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:
Here is another variation I did using the bottom one.

http://volkswes.com/photos/jcea02.jpg

....and here is a variation on the 2nd one

http://volkswes.com/photos/jcea03.jpg

and yes the Nickel is highly recognized here.........it is on all of the official letterhead, and is on all of the county's vehicles and equipment.

Of those two I like http://volkswes.com/photos/jcea03.jpg

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:36 pm   Reply with quote         

the j originally didn't curve up....I was just trying to extend it, and it wasn't a clean job

Thanks y'all

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:37 pm   Reply with quote         

no. 4 & the last one...

If you're not on a Mac, you're wasting your time..
marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:54 pm   Reply with quote         

just incase you use it and do not spot it, No. 3 has association spelt associtation.

I may have a fiddle with this and take it somewhere else if thats ok Wes Smile

marcoballistic

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:04 pm   Reply with quote         

quickie

marcoballistic

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:06 pm   Reply with quote         

whats that, adidas want to sue me???

why because of the 3 stripes I just noticed.....

.... no just becuase your a bit of a twat....

ok need meds now Laughing

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:40 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh, and by the way:

volkswes wrote:
I'm gonna pretend to be a newbie with zero contest entries....

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:21 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Oh, and by the way:

volkswes wrote:
I'm gonna pretend to be a newbie with zero contest entries....

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Very Happy Laughing

Thanks for everyones help.....I'll probably continue to play around with these next week too Smile

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:58 am   Reply with quote         

and while you're in the mood, you can design a Pepsi can to win $10,000 Wink

http://www.designourpepsican.com/

Marx-Man

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:40 am   Reply with quote         

Oh no you diden just refer to a bull crap corperate contest... Sombody called for a marx deconstruction...

(A)"TO BE ELIGIBLE TO BE A SEMI-FINALIST, PARTICIPANT MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE U.S. RESIDING IN ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA THROUGHOUT THE CONTEST PERIOD."

Also you loose the right to what you made.

(B)"By submitting a Submission, Participant hereby agrees that:
a.In consideration of entering a Submission in the Contest, Participant on behalf of themselves, their heirs, executor, administrator and assigns, hereby assign to Sponsor all rights, interest and goodwill in the Submission, including an irrevocable grant to Sponsor of the exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license and right to broadcast, exhibit and/or otherwise use the Submission and every element thereof, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now or hereafter known or devised, including but not limited to the possible use of the Submission by Sponsor on a Pepsi package, including but not limited to single serve cans, multi-pack packages and/or fountain cups) to be distributed through the Pepsi Bottling System some time in calendar year 2008."

(C)"Grand Prize:The Grand Prize consists of $10,000 cash. Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for any taxes on their prizes, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the value of their prize. No substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable."

Heres somthing that would probably put you off...

(D) "Submissions shall be judged as follows:
a.Originality 40%
b.Creativity30%
c.Strength of Pepsi Branding30%"

So what I dont get any marks for use of conventions, connotations, styles based on arts like abstract and so on or effective use of genre... Nope just origionallity, creativity and brand labeling... well fuck me charlie two of those are subjective and hard to define... but dont worry a gigantic pepsi logo printed all over it will guarentee you first place...

So for the thick c*nts... if you win yay a prize not fit for sucking eggs to because of (C) ITS TAXED... if you don't win they can still use your stuff on thier packaging and you cant sue them... because of (B)... And in the world of internet competitions they decided (A) only america can have it... this is why I dont drink pepsi... and I dont think I ever will.
(D) And if thats not enough thier rating system is a peice of garbage

I wouldn't mark the toilet paper I wipe my ass on on a crap scale like that... its disgraceful.. (hmm its creative and very origional.. oh thats right every design style has already been made... and there is a genre for everything and it has to follow the convention of a pepsi can so i guess there is no origionality in this competition what so ever... as for creativity... make the can with the sites very own limiting tools... and for the more creative dont use the sites tools but your own.. putting the site users at a disadvantage...)

Another bullshit competition for the chance to get ripped off. whoooo yeah... thanks for that.

last note

"acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to require a potential Finalist Prize winner to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Contest Parties into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Contest is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the state of New York. "

I heard that too a confiential background check...

ya know like the ones psychologists, doctors FBI and various other orgonisations do when they want to pry... into your private and confidential data... Fuck i hope you dont thave the lurgy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Oh i can almost taste the desgust... no wait thats just water... clean refreashing

high fructose corn syrup, sugar, colorings, phosphoric acid, caffeine, citric acid and natural flavors

Laughing Laughing Laughing Natural flavours is that like urinate... cos i hear that has a natural tangynesss Laughing Laughing Laughing

oh i forgot the water silly me cos we drink pepsi cos of the water content lol... wait its not really watr is carbonated water... no wonder its after taste is stail

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:41 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
and while you're in the mood, you can design a Pepsi can to win $10,000 Wink

http://www.designourpepsican.com/

darned why are all those competetions outside Belgium, and why do you always have to be a resident of the country where the contest is taking place... darn... Sad

marx wrote:
blablah

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:28 am   Reply with quote         

Marx,
You can also just ignore the contest and not be a part of it and save yourself all that typing. The other side of the coin is that your getting your work on one of the top exposed companies in the country which is one hell of a billboard if you ask me.
Shocked

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
Marx,
You can also just ignore the contest and not be a part of it and save yourself all that typing. The other side of the coin is that your getting your work on one of the top exposed companies in the country which is one hell of a billboard if you ask me.
Shocked

Damn you MG! Mad I read your comment and it made me wonder what Marx wrote (since 98% of the time I usually ignore him anyway). So then I actually wasted part of my life reading Marx's comments.

Now I have a headache.

Oh, Marxist, $10,000 should be enough to buy the rights to the can that gets created, yes the 10k should be taxable, and who gives a rat's ass what you think?

Where the hell do you live where you do work for a client but expect the payment for that work to a) not BUY the work created FOR the client and b) not be taxable and c) not subject to the approval of the client?

Yes all the entries that didn't "win" are still open to exploitation by Pepsi. "Sorry you didn't win so no 10k for you. However we still like the design enough to use it on another campaign. So we're gonna and you don't get anything for it." BIG FRICKING DEAL!

Signing up for the CONTEST is an implicit agreement that you realize that you may be screwed over later on. That's life. People buy lottery tickets knowing that they're likely to be tossing their money in the crapper. People go to movies knowing that it may suck and they'll wish they hadn't paid, people go on vacations knowing that it may rain the entire time, etc., etc., etc.

[warning: sarcasm ahead]

Apparently in the MARXist world people get to do some work for a client and then get paid in perpetuity for that work whether or not the client actually liked it or ever uses it.

[/sarcasm]

Rolling Eyes

[/rant]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Logo - Reply to topic