Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Stop the vote whoring... H2H voting is still on. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Thu May 24, 2007 4:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Stevster wrote:
I think it's Noob Saibot from MK3.

Haha, nice.
nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Thu May 24, 2007 6:36 pm   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
Stop the vote whoring!!!

If i recall correctly round 1 doesn't end till the vote has closed! so why is there people in Chat saying which one is his/hers chop?

Mad

Ahhhhh - interesting. One who created an alias that impersonated a mod among other things, then becomes upset over so called "vote whoring?"

Finestcall, since I'm your opponent in round one, should I be feeling accused of something here? If so, I never stated to anyone in IM, PM, EM OR Chat which one was mine.

Post Thu May 24, 2007 8:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Nothing to do with you nancers...much respect for you and the other users who make this place what it is... i created this thread because people in chat where telling other users clues as to what their chops are... and to me thats not fair at all. Many PSC users have voted for all time anon contest, so when i see users gaining votes for who they are and not for the work it bothers me... and the whole rashdog thing is in the past Doh!

I got bigger and better things coming up for this place.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri May 25, 2007 1:57 am   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
... and the whole rashdog thing is in the past Doh!

I got bigger and better things coming up for this place.

huh?
i love Rashdog...don't ever utter a mean comment about him...or nancer's will deal w/ you.... Very Happy

*edit* i have no idea what yer talkin about...

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri May 25, 2007 2:55 am   Reply with quote         

does anyone?

Post Fri May 25, 2007 6:48 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing

Post Fri May 25, 2007 9:38 am   Reply with quote         

well if you ask me, it is obvious that this contest lost anonymity, in one of the votes for my opponent, the person made reference to who's chop was whose...vote 'whoring', I'm not sure, but it is definitely not anonymous.

Post Fri May 25, 2007 9:52 am   Reply with quote         

318830 wrote:
well if you ask me, it is obvious that this contest lost anonymity, in one of the votes for my opponent, the person made reference to who's chop was whose...vote 'whoring', I'm not sure, but it is definitely not anonymous.

total anonymity is practically impossible. In some cases it's easy (or within in a certain margin) to spot out which entry is from who (due to style, skill, etc) That's a fact you unfortunately can't rule out

Post Fri May 25, 2007 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
318830 wrote:

total anonymity is practically impossible. In some cases it's easy (or within in a certain margin) to spot out which entry is from who (due to style, skill, etc) That's a fact you unfortunately can't rule out

agreed in somecases it's easy to tell the persons entry as their style is so different to the other guys

not... mentioning any names Rolling Eyes Laughing

janetdog

Post Fri May 25, 2007 9:58 am   Reply with quote         

I agree completely 318. Some real turkeys came through. Seems like there was just too many face swaps labeled winner. Unfortunately, That wasn't the case in my contest. I'm pretty sure that I now own the record for the worst ass beating ever. Still, I know mine was better than many of the 'winners'.

Post Fri May 25, 2007 10:10 am   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
Still, I know mine was better than many of the 'winners'.

I seriously hope you're joking JD
better than many of the winners? no offense, but looks like you used MS Paint on your entry.
I've seen you do MUCH better entries in regular contests.

Prince got my vote because I couldn't see the source 318830. sorry. It was cool, but I just couldn't pick out the source. Looks like I wasn't the only one who had that problem too.

and Finest, I still contend all the 'chatter' was after all the votes were cast. In my case, I was done voting before I even went into advantachat. I never once dropped a hint to which ones mine, but it is in my style.. Like a few others said, you can just tell styles of some of the artists here.. Others, I was actually surprised on which they were. which is cool.

Post Fri May 25, 2007 10:17 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
janetdog wrote:

I seriously hope you're joking JD
better than many of the winners? no offense, but looks like you used MS Paint on your entry.
I've seen you do MUCH better entries in regular contests.

Prince got my vote because I couldn't see the source 318830. sorry. It was cool, but I just couldn't pick out the source. Looks like I wasn't the only one who had that problem too.

Holy Crap! Was it really that bad? MS paint? Ouch!

/jd hides head in shame!!

Post Fri May 25, 2007 10:19 am   Reply with quote         

Don't mean to dis ya JD, I like you bro, but don't try to tell me you really believe
janetdog wrote:

your star field was nice though.
but to me its bad form and you're pissing on the winners who did put forth their best efforts. Including myself

Post Fri May 25, 2007 10:34 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Don't mean to dis ya JD, I like you bro, but don't try to tell me you really believe
janetdog wrote:

your star field was nice though.
but to me its bad form and you're pissing on the winners who did put forth their best efforts. Including myself

Honestly, Even though yours was the best of the two and I voted for it. I don't think yours was extremely complicated or your best work.

Post Fri May 25, 2007 10:37 am   Reply with quote         

guess I'll get the popcorn

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Stop the vote whoring... H2H voting is still on. - Reply to topic