Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Stop the vote whoring... H2H voting is still on. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

TheShaman

Post Fri May 25, 2007 12:57 pm   Reply with quote         

I guess I'm going to plead ignorant here, I haven't a clue which of the 'winners' wasn't deserving. Since no one is actually calling out a member as an actual offender...

I can only truly speak for myself... anytime I put an actual name down when I casted a vote, it was a guess. (I like to do that, its fun to guess no?) Because either they said they completed their chop, and the other didn't show up, or I was guessing at particular styles of said individuals.... No one asked me for a vote. I guess I'm not important enough Laughing

Post Fri May 25, 2007 12:58 pm   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
Grefix wrote:
318830 wrote:
well if you ask me, it is obvious that this contest lost anonymity, in one of the votes for my opponent, the person made reference to who's chop was whose...vote 'whoring', I'm not sure, but it is definitely not anonymous.

total anonymity is practically impossible. In some cases it's easy (or within in a certain margin) to spot out which entry is from who (due to style, skill, etc) That's a fact you unfortunately can't rule out

agreed in somecases it's easy to tell the persons entry as their style is so different to the other guys

not... mentioning any names Rolling Eyes Laughing

Dank U, Belg Wink & thanks, Armo Smile , for your mature answers.

Btw, when I fairly voted for the other pic, I knew too it's was 318830 - nice - work.

Now, my punishment is that I must H2H with one of my great PSC idols ! Embarassed

Post Fri May 25, 2007 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Prince Laurent wrote:

Dank U, Belg Wink

Now she's going to think i voted for you because you're belgian Very Happy

oh wait,

I didn't vote for you Laughing (so far for patriotism)

Post Fri May 25, 2007 3:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
318830 wrote:
well if you ask me, it is obvious that this contest lost anonymity, in one of the votes for my opponent, the person made reference to who's chop was whose...vote 'whoring', I'm not sure, but it is definitely not anonymous.

total anonymity is practically impossible. In some cases it's easy (or within in a certain margin) to spot out which entry is from who (due to style, skill, etc) That's a fact you unfortunately can't rule out

true, especially in the micose case... and in the case of the mightybeet guy/girl, someone comment that it was a classic beet entry, which I thought was the case of easily identifiable.

However someone commented 'better' to chili, 'good job serps', 'nice job stevester', 'great steve' and more. I can't help but to think that there is a lack of anonymity.

and let me just add... I knew I was in trouble when I saw PL chop, it was great!... I am not bitter, nor bruised. I just noticed in all the comments, that people seemed to know, whose was whose, on top of the introduction of this thread, it was definitely not anonymous.

as for source... mine was all source, except the saturn moon. the car is the glove manipulated to look like a bubble car, the back ground is worked over to complete the planet, then repeated in the dome, the lights on the car are a combination of both lights on the helmet (on and off), the ring is the reflection of the helmet manipulated, stars are fake, and then a crap load of drawing, cloning, doging and burning, erasing! Believe me, it is almost all source!

Alex

Post Fri May 25, 2007 3:39 pm   Reply with quote         

I can identify a Serps chop when I see one.

Post Fri May 25, 2007 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Prince Laurent wrote:
armogeden wrote:
Grefix wrote:
318830 wrote:

agreed in somecases it's easy to tell the persons entry as their style is so different to the other guys

not... mentioning any names Rolling Eyes Laughing

Dank U, Belg Wink & thanks, Armo Smile , for your mature answers.

Btw, when I fairly voted for the other pic, I knew too it's was 318830 - nice - work.

Now, my punishment is that I must H2H with one of my great PSC idols ! Embarassed

good luck too you Prince!!! you will certainly give 'em a run for their money!

arcaico

Post Fri May 25, 2007 4:44 pm   Reply with quote         

318830 wrote:
Grefix wrote:
318830 wrote:

true, especially in the micose case... and in the case of the mightybeet guy/girl, someone comment that it was a classic beet entry, which I thought was the case of easily identifiable.

However someone commented 'better' to chili, 'good job serps', 'nice job stevester', 'great steve' and more. I can't help but to think that there is a lack of anonymity.

and let me just add... I knew I was in trouble when I saw PL chop, it was great!... I am not bitter, nor bruised. I just noticed in all the comments, that people seemed to know, whose was whose, on top of the introduction of this thread, it was definitely not anonymous.

as for source... mine was all source, except the saturn moon. the car is the glove manipulated to look like a bubble car, the back ground is worked over to complete the planet, then repeated in the dome, the lights on the car are a combination of both lights on the helmet (on and off), the ring is the reflection of the helmet manipulated, stars are fake, and then a crap load of drawing, cloning, doging and burning, erasing! Believe me, it is almost all source!

Sometimes is impossible not to identify who did wich chop among 2 choppers. The thing to do is to check yer opponentīs style and try to confuse voters chopping in his style. For instance, serious is a vector guy. If both entries were vector, what would be left would be quality, making it harder to identify (despite the fact serious is a top vector guy).

There were a lot of easily identifiable chops in there. That doesnīt mean the anonimity is compromised. That means some choppers are known for their styles. If voters judge the entries by these data, then itīs not a system failure, but a human failure, if ya know what i mean.

Anyway, I liked yer chop a lot 8656664544783381 (sorry Prince Laurent... but the girl did a great job). And in my opinion should have won. Last time I got disappointed in a result was when buglover was defeated by velocity in 2005.

Cheers,
Arc

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Fri May 25, 2007 6:30 pm   Reply with quote         

[/quote]Sometimes is impossible not to identify who did wich chop among 2 choppers. The thing to do is to check yer opponentīs style and try to confuse voters chopping in his style. For instance, serious is a vector guy. If both entries were vector, what would be left would be quality, making it harder to identify (despite the fact serious is a top vector guy).

There were a lot of easily identifiable chops in there. That doesnīt mean the anonimity is compromised. That means some choppers are known for their styles. If voters judge the entries by these data, then itīs not a system failure, but a human failure, if ya know what i mean.

Anyway, I liked yer chop a lot 8656664544783381 (sorry Prince Laurent... but the girl did a great job). And in my opinion should have won. Last time I got disappointed in a result was when buglover was defeated by velocity in 2005.

Cheers,
Arc[/quote]

I'm not too disappointed... first H2H... first chance for a completely fair time allowance and voting... and prince did an amazing job... kudos and congrats to him!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Stop the vote whoring... H2H voting is still on. - Reply to topic