Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - H2H 2007 congrats, discussion & PSD/source sharing - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Micose

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:09 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Micose wrote:
My well was all source. .

I am impressed that this was all source. The girl, the lighting on the girl, and her amazing hair...although i disagree about needing comments
to say what is in an h2h image...I gotta say---Your all source girl
is extremely extremely impressive.

nope Joe...only the well...and maybe it needed to be said in a note.And maybe i was just pointiong about the fact that maybe i should have stick my usual abstracts buti kinda had been planning to do sthg more like my few classic" works.... MISTAKE i made, maybe i should trust more the fact that people are used now the my graphic treatment... just my fault....the love of the gain ...lol..;is a loss...always... Cool Cool Cool aaa no..;seriously ireally wanted to make a cool chop with a well...
deshone

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:12 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
I disagree. I can go to my library of Japanese copyrighted images.... which are absolutely gorgeous, by the way... and paste in parts of the source to that image to make it ever so slightly different. The original artist put 120 hours into it... I might take 20 minutes to make my insertions. Bam! Done.... a peice of art that everyone might assume I did from scratch.

When I'm voting, and I see something that has digital artistic flair, meaning it is a painting made in a 3D program or photoshop, etc.... I'm going to assume the chopper gets credit for it and will then get my vote quite easily. But it turns out some people use paintings from other artists as their "outside sources".... instead of a real photograph. That pisses me off. It's misleading and it is plagiarism. Evil or Very Mad

Then even with a note added could these ''cheaters'' fool people ... that's just all in the game and in the end 99% of the good chops will win ... and sometimes a good chop loses ... that's part of chopping and life ... and in the end just vote for what you like and not because a chopper spend 120 hrs ...

glennhanna

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:40 am   Reply with quote         

deshone wrote:

Then even with a note added could these ''cheaters'' fool people ... that's just all in the game and in the end 99% of the good chops will win ... and sometimes a good chop loses ... that's part of chopping and life ... and in the end just vote for what you like and not because a chopper spend 120 hrs ...

They don't know they are cheating. They just can't tell you that 80% of their source is from an outside source because the contest doesn't allow it. As far as the H2H goes, I'll pass on the next one. I'll also pass on voting since I'm left in the dark on what kind of outside sources were manipulated and to what level.

Micose

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:04 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
it turns out some people use paintings from other artists as their "outside sources".... instead of a real photograph. That pisses me off. It's misleading and it is plagiarism. Evil or Very Mad

yea it should be forbidden...
cherylm329

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:55 pm   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
MoLinKo wrote:
1. I'd like to see Cheryl's sources if she still has them. Smile

ditto

maybe some kind of explaination of how she made it would be awesome, I'd love to make chops like that

I don't usually save my PSD files, but here is an explanation. I took the source image and cut it in half, rotated one side and put it together to make the tunnel. Then I desaturated it and used levels to give the tunnel the darkness it has and erased any stray objects. Then I cloned some parts of the tunnel on the outside to give each side individuality, I also cloned the ground to give it more of a dirt feel. Then I used the cloud swirl external pic and put it over the tunnel hole and used levels to make it darker and changed the layer to screen. I then used the green vine picture, changed the layer to screen, desaturated it and put it over the tunnel and erased the access vines around the outside of the tunnel. The black vines were used different kinds of ways and I erased what didn't look right. Lastly, I cut the man out of the external and used levels to make him darker and used dodge tool for light on his body and the burn tool for the shadows underneath. Hope that gives a good idea how I did it. I think I might start saving the psd files, haha.

These are the images I used to make it, I didn't save the man source and I can't find it now, haha.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/Cahreirsyal007/3332.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/Cahreirsyal007/222.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/Cahreirsyal007/1112.jpg

armogeden

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:17 pm   Reply with quote         

ahhhh righto thanks for explaining cheryl Very Happy Seeing your sources I can guess how your got your image Smile still kick ass chop, sorry anfa, it deserved to win! Cool

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:01 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:18 am   Reply with quote         

Round 2 sources :

buglover

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:06 am   Reply with quote         

nice one marco.

Wasn't that satisfied with mine.
At least the green drapery is handmade.
This is the unblured and uncut Version with sources.

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:40 am   Reply with quote         

Smile

Stevster

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:43 am   Reply with quote         

my sources:

Cool

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:12 am   Reply with quote         

no outside sources, Smile hehe I went for all source to overbluf stevster (wrong judgement Laughing )

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:14 am   Reply with quote         

here is my PSD file from round 2:

http://www.noahnicolaas.nl/h2h/round2desh1.psd [18mb]

enjoy !!

glennhanna

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

Wow! Nice job everyone.

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:34 am   Reply with quote         

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - H2H 2007 congrats, discussion & PSD/source sharing - Reply to topic