Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - I should get paid for this idea haha - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry JD, I'd like to throw another thought out there that I'm sure has been talked about before...After you've got a PSCore of 50 or more you really understand Photoshop, how about having another contest (maybe 1 a Month) that only the more Experienced chopper can enter...
Must have PSCore of (40-50?) or more

Reason behind this: I would like to see more entry's with some serious chopping competing against each other, than say 5 and the rest are just ok.( not that there's anything wrong with learning)...And have a chance to compete only with the best of the best ...(someday Very Happy ) Having one a month would give them time to make the ultimate chop ( 30 days )

and wouldn't it be nice to see ReyRey, meaty , Marco, Voks, Anfa ,Claf, ect.. compete in a contest together... Kinda a best of the best comp, that would be awesome!!!!

I don't know ...just a thought

BTW, current thumbs are fine...I've never lost anyone (that I know of) IMHO...

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Randomising as an option is not a bad idea, although at this point without it happening infront of my eyes, I fail to see what gain it will bring, all the optios are there to make sure people do not miss chops that are late etc. I don't know, randomising as an option may be fun, useful remains to be seen. But would not appose it being implimented as an option.

As for the idea of pscore based monthly chop off, not a bad idea, it kind of boarders on the much argued point that there should be 3 comp sections a day. Low skilled, intermediate and expert. Which I am strongly against, as I am unsure how much lower and intermediate may learn being sectioned off, sure they can still ask, but it would complicate voting and segrigate the site I envisage.

As a monthly premise, it isn't a bad idea I would say. But it would have to be well thought out and implimented.

Marco over and out Razz

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:23 pm   Reply with quote         

No one asked you butthole

marcoballistic

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:32 pm   Reply with quote         

that would currently be a no Confused

WhimSea

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:51 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah, I hit the "All" button all the time - and usually hit the "Votes" button as well, just to see what direction things are going in - not that that is how I will vote, but just to take a gander first off.

splodge

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:56 pm   Reply with quote         

IT WAS BIGGER!

Hallcross Toots
marcoballistic

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:11 pm   Reply with quote         

THEN YOU SHOT YOUR LOAD AND IT WENT SMALLER

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:46 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
THEN YOU SHOT YOUR LOAD AND IT WENT SMALLER

i thought you were "over and out"
but anyways thanks a lot for your input i guess, you really weren't constructive at all though.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

carp...meant to edit and wound up posting...

Grefix, why does it say edit/delete this comment when ya can't delete it?

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:10 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
carp...meant to edit and wound up posting...

Grefix, why does it say edit/delete this comment when ya can't delete it?
Because we like to mess with you Smile

Seems like forum doesn't check those rules while displaying a topic. Anyway you can only delete a message if and only if there are no replies following your message

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:16 am   Reply with quote         

well normally I have a few votes left over after I go thru a normal contest. BUT this arch contest blew my mind. There were way too many really great entries and in this contest I wish we had had an addtional 5 or even more extra votes to give out.

If PSC is becoming popular as the main topic starter stated then maybe we need to add a couple of more votes to use. Not only do we get to vote on some wonderful entries but we also encourage those folks that are doing good. I know I have been encouraged by people.

I start at the top and vote about the 1st 2-3 rows, then drop to the end and work my way to the middle.

But if randomizing helps too for when you edit an entry and your entry winds up on the bottom again and that can discourage a person to not want to edit so randomizing could be useful I would think.

btw the edit feature has some kind of glitch, can't edit.

Micose

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:26 am   Reply with quote         

Less than Zero wrote:
Sorry JD, I'd like to throw another thought out there that I'm sure has been talked about before...After you've got a PSCore of 50 or more you really understand Photoshop, how about having another contest (maybe 1 a Month) that only the more Experienced chopper can enter...
Must have PSCore of (40-50?) or more

Reason behind this: I would like to see more entry's with some serious chopping competing against each other, than say 5 and the rest are just ok.( not that there's anything wrong with learning)...And have a chance to compete only with the best of the best ...(someday Very Happy ) Having one a month would give them time to make the ultimate chop ( 30 days )

and wouldn't it be nice to see ReyRey, meaty , Marco, Voks, Anfa ,Claf, ect.. compete in a contest together... Kinda a best of the best comp, that would be awesome!!!!

I don't know ...just a thought

BTW, current thumbs are fine...I've never lost anyone (that I know of) IMHO...

"etc..." :yes!im in! (U2btw!)

couldb5150

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

THERES MORE THAN ONE PAGE OF ENTRIES????........WTF???

BWAHAHAHAHAH

AM i MENTAL????

tHEY SHOULD POST ALPHABETICALLY (except ANFA'S of Course).....and also in order of mental stability..
or lack there of!!!

Bwhahahah......someone make the voices in my head go away!!!

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:32 am   Reply with quote         

couldb5150 wrote:

Why don't you become a foil head. It seems to be helping some of our kind out there.

couldb5150

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:29 pm   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:
couldb5150 wrote:

Why don't you become a foil head. It seems to be helping some of our kind out there.

TADAMS...THANKS SOOO MUCH ...THE FOIL SEEMS TO BE WORKING JUST FINE NOW......JUST WISH I COULD FIND A CAT AN EXTENSION CHORD AND A FORK NOW!!!bwahahahaha

AM I MENTAL?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - I should get paid for this idea haha - Reply to topic