Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Let's help people to think out of the box - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do you think it is a good idea?

Yes it's a good idea. I would like to try that.

87%

87%

[ 29 ]

STFUAC

12%

12%

[ 4 ]

Total Votes: 33

ReyRey

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I have an idea. (Boy does my head hurt) It happens sometimes. Confused
People have mentioned that they liked "out of the box" ideas and that they don't see much of that lately. I would like to redo a contest from the past. Take for example, a contest from last year. You have to use the same starting source image but you are not allowed to repeat any of the ideas that were used in that original contest. For instance. If it is a tree....we can eliminate beavers and carvings. Know what I mean??? It should eliminate generic thinking and cliches. What do ya think?? We can let the voters decide if it is original. We can supply a link to the original contest. How could we organize something like this. I don't know how to organize shit like this. I just come up with the ideas and my people take care of the work. Laughing .............

Have you ever come up with a brilliant idea after the contest was over???? Well, here is your chance to do it all over again!! Cool

annajon

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Great!! I have seen a few images that I would love to do - that have been done when I was not looking around the site.

pakimo

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Sounds like fun. But what does STFUAC mean? Embarassed

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

shut the f*** up and chop

Not a bad idea Rey, I would say something like once a week, pull out an old image from a classic contest and see what can be done with it that is new.
MindGraph

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Shut The F%$k Up And Chop Laughing
Why don't we have Proc pic a source pic from the past and just post it in one of the contests. We'll go on forever if we pick the source pic between us plus it might give one of us the advantage. Also how bout it has to be something from 2 years ago? That way it's pretty much out of everyones head. Shocked

Heinlein

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Let's do it Exclamation

the burning couch

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:20 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm all for it! Cool

Tawiskaro

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:29 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm in. Sound like fun.

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Great idea! Simple modification (in my head at least)...

Have it be a scheduled thing. Say each Wednesday (or first Wednesday of each month) is a "de ja vu" chop day. System could be programmed to pick a random number from 1 (maybe 2) to 5 and grab a random source image from that many years ago (providing we have good source images from that far back). This keeps the image neutral and random.

Oh and I picked Wednesday since that helps people like Sean who have lives on the weekends. Laughing

Good addition to Rey's idea or making it too complicated?

ReinMan

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:17 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
People have mentioned that they liked "out of the box" ideas and that they don't see much of that lately. I would like to redo a contest from the past. Take for example, a contest from last year. You have to use the same starting source image but you are not allowed to repeat any of the ideas that were used in that original contest. For instance. If it is a tree....we can eliminate beavers and carvings. Know what I mean??? It should eliminate generic thinking and cliches. What do ya think?? We can let the voters decide if it is original. We can supply a link to the original contest. How could we organize something like this. I don't know how to organize shit like this. I just come up with the ideas and my people take care of the work. Laughing .............

Have you ever come up with a brilliant idea after the contest was over???? Well, here is your chance to do it all over again!! Cool

What the HELL!!!??? No BEAVERS!? And, worse yet: NO CARVING???

OBVIOUSLY this is a STOOPID idea... Rolling Eyes

dewdew

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:49 pm   Reply with quote         

HEY i am always thinking outside the box, even when i should not. Laughing
SOUNDS nice REY......but dang it pic something fun or even the least bit interesting. Latley the source's have sucked hind teat. WELL not all, but many.

ReyRey

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:05 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
ReyRey wrote:

What the HELL!!!??? No BEAVERS!? And, worse yet: NO CARVING???

OBVIOUSLY this is a STOOPID idea... Rolling Eyes

OK OK beavers are allowed. Wink

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:11 am   Reply with quote         

OK, what's this about boxes and beavers?

Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes go on, open it, I dare ya...

Wait...let me get back Shocked

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:17 am   Reply with quote         

forcing is never a good way... you have to let it bloom like a flower... and if it doesn't then force it open and swear a lot... sometimes that works for me. this message has been brought to you by the letters N... G... S... and P... Laughing

bigbuck

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:39 am   Reply with quote         

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Let's help people to think out of the box - Reply to topic