Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - About voting systems and stuff... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

JORDAN792

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Voting is fair here. I think we need to have more than 25 votes in the event that we have, say, a Team Challenge that has 60+ entries that people put a little extra effort into. I ran out of votes in every team challenge (except the last one) because there were a lot of great works and some did not get votes simply because I ran out.

Bottom line though, I haven't seen an image yet (except a couple gifs) that didn't deserve to win. Granted a couple have not won that "I" think should have, but they came close. The best ones finish first on this site plain and simple...unless they were really late.

And as for gifs I think Shaman and Marcoballistic made great points. If the gif is good as a static image then it's easier to vote for it and I also suck at making them so I dont attempt it here. But to say I wont vote for them... I will if they are good, period.

Napalm32

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:18 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
I am in a similar boat, yet not exactly the same boat as Sean, mine is a lesser make, and has slightly less horses under in the engine Laughing

But seriously, I did not like gifs, as they are not totally photoshop really. A lot like using 3d programs to make near faultless entries here really annoys me, as its swinging in my opinion to cheating like a mutha hubbard, letting algorithms and complex working out visually being done automatically by a piece of software.... also why I rarely like the use of some filters.

Learn to do it yourself, not let a automated system do it, you will learn more and feel like you have achieved something.

Gifs though over the years have gained my respect, as long as they have skill showing. I am useless at making them, and get frustrated easily by them, and in turn have great respect for the people who can make them look so easy.

Are there automated systems to make gifs? Doh! Doh! Doh! Doh!
I spent always 3 or 4 hours to make a gif Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:22 pm   Reply with quote         

yes, its called uber giffy studiomaxx don't you know

Napalm32

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:28 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
yes, its called uber giffy studiomaxx don't you know

lol, never heard before. I know only photoshop. Hope no one will cheat around here. Giffing is not so easy as some people think.

marcoballistic

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:33 pm   Reply with quote         

no giffy is not easy, as I said.

neither is 3d work admittedly, however it makes people go ooohh and ahhh and especially newbies that do not have to much grasp of what it takes to do things. And its big cheaty pants Razz

pakimo

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I have done a few gifs in the past. And I find it rather easy. 3D have I never used in a chop here. I stay within photoshop.

And yes, it do happend I make an exeption from not voting on gifs, if I find the gif exellent. But as a general rule I do not like gifs.

Razz

JORDAN792

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:23 pm   Reply with quote         

me too.........er....... me neither?

arcaico

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:27 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with joski7... 25 votes is too much. But of course marco and Sean disagree... if you reduce the ammount of votes to 5, so you can choose your top 5 entries (and believe me, you'll rarely see more than 5 entries worth a vote), how in the bloody hell would Marco and Sean trade the other 20 votes?????

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

marcoballistic

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:34 pm   Reply with quote         

waiting for your hypocritical contradictory self to show up and spout repetitive crap all over the place like always yaaaawn, wake me when you got a pair hey Rolling Eyes

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:56 pm   Reply with quote         

pakimo wrote:
About voting:

- I see who votes
- I see who don't vote
- I see who plays
- I see who don't play
- I see who votes tactically
- I see who don't vote tactically

But personally I leave the games for the players, I just vote on the chops I like. Exept gifs........I do not like gifs.

Wink

I agree with Pakimo...and I do like some gifs...as obviously he does appreciate too.

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:30 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
I agree with joski7... 25 votes is too much. But of course marco and Sean disagree... if you reduce the ammount of votes to 5, so you can choose your top 5 entries (and believe me, you'll rarely see more than 5 entries worth a vote), how in the bloody hell would Marco and Sean trade the other 20 votes?????

First off, I don't trade for votes Fabio! I vote for what I like, not who I like.
You're all the proof of that I need.

Second, had you actually read my reply here instead of assuming I said something stupid, you'd have read
TheShaman wrote:

yeah 25 is a lot, I'll give you that. But no one forces you to use all of them or any of them for that matter. You think only 5 or so are good enough to vote on, then just vote on those 5. You want to still encourage others but don't want to skew the voting system, thats what comment section is for.

If I want to spend all 25 on regular contests, (which I rarely do anymore) I'm going to.

Third, In PRIZE contests, only what I consider the very best get my votes.
The last prize contest I used 6 whole votes, and the prize contest before that I used 10!
So STFU already.

Stop assuming and learn to read and before falsely accusing members here.
So typical of you Arc Rolling Eyes

Napalm32

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:07 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
arcaico wrote:

First off, I don't trade for votes Fabio! I vote for what I like, not who I like.
You're all the proof of that I need.

Second, had you actually read my reply here instead of assuming I said something stupid, you'd have read
TheShaman wrote:

yeah 25 is a lot, I'll give you that. But no one forces you to use all of them or any of them for that matter. You think only 5 or so are good enough to vote on, then just vote on those 5. You want to still encourage others but don't want to skew the voting system, thats what comment section is for.

If I want to spend all 25 on regular contests, I'm going to.

Third, In PRIZE contests, only what I consider the very best get my votes.
The last prize contest I used 6 whole votes, and the prize contest before that I used 10!
So STFU already.

Stop assuming and learn to read and before falsely accusing members here.
So typical of you Arc Rolling Eyes

wowww, arcaico, the shaman and marcoballistic are great friends. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

TheShaman

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:10 am   Reply with quote         

Nap, hes just jealous Laughing

Napalm32

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:12 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Nap, hes just jealous Laughing

lol

TheShaman

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:13 am   Reply with quote         

I think arc's got a secret man crush on Marco, the guy's obsessed with him.

lets remember kids, art like life is subjective.
Just because I like Van Gogh, doesn't mean you do.
Just because you like H.R. Giger, doesn't mean I do.

To each their own.
So again, vote for what YOU like, use as many or as little votes as YOU wish.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - About voting systems and stuff... - Reply to topic